Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EPL Mid-season First XI (Attack/Winger)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Mid-Season EPL First Choice CAM/Winger
Gareth Bale, Tottenham Hotspur
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Luis Nani, Manchester United
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
David Silva, Manchester City
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Juan Mata, Chelsea FC
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Clint Dempsey, Fulham FC
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Anthony Pilkington, Norwich City
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Sebastian Larrsson, Sunderland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Rafael Van Der Vaart, Tottenham Hotspur
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nathan Dyer, Swansea City
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Daniel Sturridge, Chelsea FC
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other (Please specify)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Author Message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17194
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: EPL Mid-season First XI (Attack/Winger) Reply with quote

We're looking at advanced mid's and wingers here. Two will make it. It was hard to divide players up positionally in some cases because some players, such as Mata/Silva were wingers at one point but really play centrally now. I have a feeling Silva will win this so essentially we're figuring out what the follow-up poll will look like.

Team so far:

GK: Michael Vorm, Swansea City AFC

LB: Josť Enrique, Liverpool FC
CB: Ledley King, Tottenham Hotspur
CB: Vincent Kompay, Manchester City
RB: Micah Richards, Manchester City

DM: Lucas Leiva, Liverpool FC
MF: Yohan Cabaye, Newcastle United
MF:


- This is based on THIS SEASON ONLY August through December English Premier League matches. Not Champions, Europa League, Carling Cup etc. So use your head.. don't just vote for the names you recognize (if that's the case just don't vote)

- Must have played in a minimum of 10 EPL games (That will be apparent in the selections) However, OTHER will be an option, so write the name in if you chose other.

-Current injured players are eligible as long as they've played in 10 games regardless of how long they're ruled out.



Bale, Gareth


Nani, Luis


Silva, David


Mata, Juan


Dempsey, Clint


Pilkington, Anthony


Larrsson, Sebastian


Van Der Vaart, Rafael


Dyer, Nathan


Sturridge, Daniel

_________________

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17194
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's gonna be Silva & Bale for me.
_________________

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Backspacer


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 1047
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silva, or as they say in England, Silver.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17264
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to vote for Silva because Bale has only being playing a more free role for the last couple of games. Even though he has been superb in that role.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21051
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
And it's gonna be Silva & Bale for me.


I would agree with this with Mata coming a close third.
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blahman88


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 24275
Location: Eagles Forum HOF
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^Marky found the soccer forum? Oh and Silva, multiple times
_________________
IrishGreen wrote:
i love the eagles fans on here
i wish we could merge with them and make a mega fanbase

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17264
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think that Yaya should be included in this as well as he plays in an attacking role for City. Surely we are going to have 2 wing spots after this vote?
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dhunt2402


Moderator
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Posts: 21733
Location: The District
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silva will win this, and rightly.

Will be interesting to see if Bale or Nani wins 2nd, though I could see Mata
_________________

Deadpulse on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17194
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
I personally think that Yaya should be included in this as well as he plays in an attacking role for City. Surely we are going to have 2 wing spots after this vote?


Depending on if we want to have a lone striker, but also doesn't have to be limited to XI, there can be an extra winger and striker honorable mention type.
_________________

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
marky_b27


Joined: 16 Mar 2007
Posts: 21051
Location: Nottingham, England
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:
^Marky found the soccer forum? Oh and Silva, multiple times


New Years resolution to get post count up, so I decided to expand my posting horizons
_________________



RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17264
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
I personally think that Yaya should be included in this as well as he plays in an attacking role for City. Surely we are going to have 2 wing spots after this vote?


Depending on if we want to have a lone striker, but also doesn't have to be limited to XI, there can be an extra winger and striker honorable mention type.


I'm really confused as to what formation this team is meant to be. Surely Aguero should be in this vote as well if its for an attacking wing/CAM?

I think we should go for a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
yankee0724


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 18801
Location: RIP Tito
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go with a 4-1-2-1-2. That way Bale won't get in Very Happy
_________________
UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

Quote:
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RoxSox2004


Joined: 17 Mar 2010
Posts: 18322
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silva, Silva, Silva. Best player in the EPL IMO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Wyzzinator


Moderator
Joined: 10 Jan 2007
Posts: 17194
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
I personally think that Yaya should be included in this as well as he plays in an attacking role for City. Surely we are going to have 2 wing spots after this vote?


Depending on if we want to have a lone striker, but also doesn't have to be limited to XI, there can be an extra winger and striker honorable mention type.


I'm really confused as to what formation this team is meant to be. Surely Aguero should be in this vote as well if its for an attacking wing/CAM?

I think we should go for a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.


Was going to put Aguero in the Striker/Support Striker poll. I mean there's a lot of good players so some are just not going to make it.. Right now it's looking like a 4-5-1 if we keep the central midfield to (Lucas, Cabaye, Silva) and have 2 regular wingers (let's say Bale and Mata both do well in this) then one striker.
_________________

teamorange wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
This game wasnt that bad. Ive seen much worse.

Of course. you watch Chelsea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
kempus


Joined: 09 Jan 2008
Posts: 17264
Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
The Wyzzinator wrote:
kempus wrote:
I personally think that Yaya should be included in this as well as he plays in an attacking role for City. Surely we are going to have 2 wing spots after this vote?


Depending on if we want to have a lone striker, but also doesn't have to be limited to XI, there can be an extra winger and striker honorable mention type.


I'm really confused as to what formation this team is meant to be. Surely Aguero should be in this vote as well if its for an attacking wing/CAM?

I think we should go for a 4-3-3 or 4-5-1.


Was going to put Aguero in the Striker/Support Striker poll. I mean there's a lot of good players so some are just not going to make it.. Right now it's looking like a 4-5-1 if we keep the central midfield to (Lucas, Cabaye, Silva) and have 2 regular wingers (let's say Bale and Mata both do well in this) then one striker.


Yeah, it is hard to categorise a lot of players. I think there needs to be a LW vote and a RW vote because there are a LOT of good wingers/strikers.
_________________


Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group