Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Neil Warnock sacked by QPR- Mark Hughes confirmed as manager
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I cannot believe this. They are still in a pretty decent position and Neil has done so much for them, sickening to see. It will be hilarious if they replace him the mercenary Mark Hughes.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

QPR is the mid club who thinks of themselves as being big. Guess that's what playing your football in London will do for you. They've had more owners and sponsors than likely any club of their size have had in the previous five seasons. They've had a Formula One head as owner with the F1 Renault team owner. He sold his shares to the Formula One head after the Renault team owner was accused of attempted Grand Prix race fixing. A sheik or somebody bought in and lately it's some tycoon. All this from a club that once said they were going to bring in Zidane. They do think of themselves as being a huge deal and you could maybe predict they would go nutty in their first season in the Premiership since the late nineties. Hughes was mentioned in the first post. The same guy who left Fulham with the hopes of going upward and he might go to QPR. Steve Bruce was also mentioned. They actually want a manager who was just sacked from a club that was near equal in points with them when he was sacked and who now sit 7 slots above them. Warnock managed this club into the Premiership. Seemingly typical of QPR, they are acting like a club who assumes they are going to remain there. I'm not as sure as they are.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark Hughes has been confirmed as the new manager of Queens Park Rangers on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The Welshman was made the favourite to take the job at Loftus Road after the sacking of Neil Warnock on Sunday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16465289.stm

Fair play to QPR they went out and quickly got their man, they obviously didnt have faith on Warnock and considering their current form I dont really blame them.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
EnglishLion20

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didnt Hughes leave Fulham as he wanted to win and compete for Titles?

So he goes to QPR?

Egg on face time Mr Hughes. Still its a good appointment, i think he will consolidate them as a Solid mid table Premiership team over the coming years.

Soccer Forums Most Underated Poster 2012 Award Winner.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hughes is an ok manager.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Didnt Hughes leave Fulham as he wanted to win and compete for Titles?

So he goes to QPR?

Egg on face time Mr Hughes. Still its a good appointment, i think he will consolidate them as a Solid mid table Premiership team over the coming years.
Yeah what a bum. I really hope QPR get relegated now.

What is better is that rumors are that QPR are going to give him 20m and Fulham spent 11 on Ruiz alone so it isn't like the money available is that much different, not every club is Man City Mark.

Another interesting thing is that when Hughes took over Fulham it took a very long time for him to get results. We were in 18th after a Boxing day defeat to West Ham. If it takes him that long to get things going and player to buy into his system QPR may be in real trouble.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
kempus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope we can flog some of our deadwood like Bassong, Pienaar and Kranjcar to QPR Laughing

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
I really hope we can flog some of our deadwood like Bassong, Pienaar and Kranjcar to QPR Laughing

Mate, they would start for QPR.

They are mid-table caliber Premiership players.

Still no idea why Pienaar left Everton.

kempus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:

Mate, they would start for QPR.

They are mid-table caliber Premiership players.

Still no idea why Pienaar left Everton.

Bassong would be, I agree. Pienaar is bang average, but Kranjcar is god damn awful. He is one of the slowest and poorest players I have ever seen play in CM. If we could gte 10 mill for all 3 I would laugh my head off.

dhunt2402

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't see Bassong leaving as he is one of 3 healthy CBs in the squad at the moment. King has reportedly done his hamstring while going for a jog, and Gallas has a calf tear IIRC

Deadpulse on the sig
kempus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhunt2402 wrote:
Don't see Bassong leaving as he is one of 3 healthy CBs in the squad at the moment. King has reportedly done his hamstring while going for a jog, and Gallas has a calf tear IIRC

You are correct, we have Corluka, Gallas and King injured. However, I think we have serious ambitions of getting Samba. If enough is offered then Bassong will be gone imo.

Also, Livermore can cover the position and neither Gallas or King are expected to be out for any lenth of time.

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EnglishLion20 wrote:
Didnt Hughes leave Fulham as he wanted to win and compete for Titles? So he goes to QPR? Egg on face time Mr Hughes. Still its a good appointment, i think he will consolidate them as a Solid mid table Premiership team over the coming years.
I remember that it was Hughes who left Fulham just because he assumed or heard something about Villa wanting him. The rumor is that Lerner was turned off by his presumption or the way he left Fulham, that he wasn't any longer interested and it's quite debatable whether he already was in the first.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
Wow I cannot believe this. They are still in a pretty decent position and Neil has done so much for them, sickening to see. It will be hilarious if they replace him the mercenary Mark Hughes.
All managers kind of are mercenaries just because they do want to go upward. Once the do get into the management of any Premiership club, any success and they're set. The ones who win trophies will remain at the club. Any slight advancement of the club to playing in Europe or even keeping them in the Premiership one season, still could get them sacked in the next with any run of subpar match results. However, they have now put themselves with that group of managers who have been in the Premiership and have had success. A board is more willing to get a manager like Hughes, Hodgson, Oneill, Bruce, Allardyce, Warnock etc, than a manager who hasn't ever managed in the Premiership before. The don't want the risk and sometimes they just want a name. Also, managers are kind of made to be kind of mercenaries. The board is wanting a manager to get us into Europe, keep us in the Premiership or just get us there. With the slightest bit of unsettling next season, the get sacked like Warnock. There are the managers like with Hughes at QPR. If he doesn't keep them in the Premiership, he'll be sacked just because of results. They aren't giving any him big bucks to manage a club in the Championship, especially when the will not have the big TV bucks you get in the Premiership. Hughes will not accept the lesser just because he knows that he's in that group of managers who will be wanted by any of the Premiership clubs who have just sacked their manager or who are thinking of doing it as well.
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Eh?

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
^ Eh?
I'm guessing this means that you don't agree with me or maybe that you've returned from holiday.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: