Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Oregon Ducks Thread, v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
RB Derrick Greene scheduled his OV to Oregon.

Tyner, Wilson, and Green? :drools:

It's a longshot, but you never know.

Nov. 17 against Stanford, King.
Add in Marshall and DAT. Shocked

Sig bet
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://fishduck.com/2012/10/is-that-what-you-stand-for-justin-wilcox/

Makes me sick.

Sig bet
justo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
http://fishduck.com/2012/10/is-that-what-you-stand-for-justin-wilcox/

Makes me sick.

The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
swoosh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offer was made to Conley the other day, but they told him he is everything they are looking for and are extremely interested.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a legit concern over ASU. I think I get overly stressed TBH tho. I was worried about UW and Zona too and we won by a combined 70. Laughing

Kelly is very efficient and DJ Foster is a beast. Graham looks to be a good hire thus far. He has the best record of any new coaches in a class of good to elite coaches (IMO).

Sig bet
justo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more worried about Zona than anyone else we faced but I wasn't really worried to be honest. Remember how many times we stopped Zona close to the redzone though. Could have been a totally different score if the D didn't play A+ ball that night. I agree about ASU though...this team is a single score on the road vs an SEC from being undefeated. I actually think they might win the south. I though Graham was the 2nd worst HC hire in our conference over the offseason but it looks like I'm about to eat a lot of crow.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I was more worried about Zona than anyone else we faced but I wasn't really worried to be honest. Remember how many times we stopped Zona close to the redzone though. Could have been a totally different score if the D didn't play A+ ball that night. I agree about ASU though...this team is a single score on the road vs an SEC from being undefeated. I actually think they might win the south. I though Graham was the 2nd worst HC hire in our conference over the offseason but it looks like I'm about to eat a lot of crow.

They haven't played anyone yet, though and they showed some deficiences against Colorado. The fact that it's a Thursday game and it's a game that they've circled on their calendar all year is what's scary.

Oregon RB Tracker
Marshall: 249 rush yds(8.3), 388 rec yds(11.4), 4 TDs
Tyner: 279 rush yds(4.2), 65 rec yds(7.2), 2 TDs
Freeman: 636 rush yds(5.6), 37 rec yds(7.4), 11 TDs
kitsnow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Offer on Conley, he won't visit without an offer, but he would probably commit if we did because M would pull his from them.
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitsnow wrote:
No Offer on Conley, he won't visit without an offer, but he would probably commit if we did because M would pull his from them.
Strange since the raved about him to him.

Sig bet
kitsnow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derp Remington suspended. Derp depth
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kitsnow wrote:

Ugh...Time to step up Buckner and Armstead!

Oregon RB Tracker
justo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oregon Ducks wrote:
kitsnow wrote:

Not shaping up well for the "let's not get upset by ASU" front. We both get extended weeks before the game and Graham said he's watched film on us for the past week and a half...so that's like three weeks of film before the game...awesome...
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
Oregon Ducks wrote:
kitsnow wrote:

Not shaping up well for the "let's not get upset by ASU" front. We both get extended weeks before the game and Graham said he's watched film on us for the past week and a half...so that's like three weeks of film before the game...awesome...

They've had the game circled on their calendar since he got there. We'll be fine, though. Toughest game so far, though.

Oregon RB Tracker
skatebeanz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got into a discussion the other day. Does Chip get enough credit?

Coaches say players win games. However looking at pure raw numbers Oregon has prolly bottom half/top middle amount of players drafted into the NFL each year on average from PAC-12/10.

Oregon is also usually around number 3 in our conference in recruiting.

So Oregon has the 2nd or 3rd or 4th best players coming in and 4,5,6,7th best players coming out. So the players actually regress (persey). Then add on the fact that the players aren't that great when they are here. For example out of like 10 different sites that name All American's we had a total of 1, name 1 player of Oregon from last year. Some place I never heard of said James was AA. On the other hand Stanford's QB had 10, their OG had 10, there TE had like 8, their OT had like 5, 2 LBs had like 6, etc...

So do people ignore Oregon when it comes to awards or does Chip and the other coaches really win with lesser talent then everyone else has?

Another example. LaMichael James was 1300 yards away from being the all time leader in rushing yards yet he is the 5th best player at his position that were available in the draft? The leader in yards all time was Ron Dayne and he went 11th overall. He had less YPC, more attempts and was more used when he went out. Think about this. Oregon's best player last year was James. Their best player was only the 5th best at his position when he left and was in the teens or 20's when he came out. His Freshman year a RB won the Heisman and was drafted in the first round as the best RB. His second year he won Doak Walker for best RB. His third year he was the 4-5th best RB via AA's announced. The best RB from James' third year went #3 overall and was the first RB selected. So despite James having better stats than either of those 2 he is the 5th player selected. He was the only RB in the last 3 years to win the DW award and not be the first RB selected in the NFL draft or be selected in the first round.

Oregon's QB was 3rd or 4th best in their own conference. Their TE was 3rd or 4th best in their own conference. Their WR was 8th(?) in their own conference. How does that generate a top 5 offense in the country?

Using peoples thoughts/rankings on players Oregon doesn't start, use or end with anyone close to the best players.

Something just doesn't add up to me. Coaches say players win games. That has been proven wrong with the numbers above. If it were scheme, the spread is used all over. People can manufacture our system with (possibly) better players. It is like this team defines the word team. Can I have your thoughts?

Sig bet
Oregon Ducks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol...I think this years seniors were Chip's first class as HC. Chill bro. We have quite a bit of NFL talent. More than under Bellotti.

Our players regressing...that might be the dumbest things I've seen you post...and that's saying something.

Oregon RB Tracker

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 62 of 99

Jump to: