Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FSU Seminoles 7-0(4-0) #Unconquered
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngo1125 wrote:
Wasn't pretty, but its a win.

I didnt watch a lot of the game, definteley not enough to critique anything but a wins a win.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not impressed. Obviously glad they won but I was hoping for more of a statement. Maybe against NC State...

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
bizell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very disappointed with the game.

on the bright side, they played terribly and still ended up with almost 450 yards of offense and the 1st string defense only yielded a field goal and a short field touchdown. but man... was it rough to watch

sig by sucka steve
ngo1125

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2014 DT Demarcus Christmas commits. Read that he could end up being a 5 star. From the pictures, he looks like a GAM already.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngo1125 wrote:
2014 DT Demarcus Christmas commits. Read that he could end up being a 5 star. From the pictures, he looks like a GAM already.

Awesome! Love the name too.
ngo1125

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not going to panic, but am wondering whats going on recruiting wise with WR Tony Stevens and TE Christian Morgan decomitting considering FSU is doing well this season.
ngo1125

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New year, same result. Losing to teams that FSU has no business losing to.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see the game, so I wont comment on the game but I cant say I'm shocked by the result...
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngo1125 wrote:
New year, same result. Losing to teams that FSU has no business losing to.

Getting shut out in the 2nd half is inexcusable.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's time for Jimbo to go. FSU has lost to way too many teams that they completely outclass talent-wise in his tenure as head coach and OC. An absolutely humiliating performance.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Cheesehead430

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
It's time for Jimbo to go. FSU has lost to way too many teams that they completely outclass talent-wise in his tenure as head coach and OC. An absolutely humiliating performance.

If we dont end up winning the ACC yes, ship him out. Theres no excuse to lose to a NC St team you are farrrrrrrrr superior to talent wise. A HC job is to keep his players motivated at all time and by the look of it the team didnt show up in the 2nd half especially the offense. Only other option is to hire an OC and lessen the load on him. I know he has a sick son and I sympathize with him for that but FSU program doesn't need to continuously fail due to ineptness in the coaching department. Im embarrassed.
193 rush yards, 4 TD's
mikeyfarley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FSU lost because E.J. Manuel hasn't changed a bit from last season. He can't hit a wide open WR down field, in stride, to save his life. Every FSU Wr that gets open has to stop stand in the same place for a few seconds and wait for the ball to get there(like on the play Benjamin almost made a big catch on the sideline). Manuel even missed the RB on a play where the play looked like it could go for big yards, he lobbed it to the RB and it was terribly inaccurate. Manuel also ran backwards while getting sacked to take FSU out of FG range.

The play calling on offense was also terrible in the last 2 possessions. NCST stopped the run in the 2nd half and FSU just acted like there was less than 2 minutes left and were up by more than 6, just trying to run out the clock(even though there was more time left and NCST could win with 1 TD). And the play call that led Manuel to getting sacked out of FG range was a terrible play. Let's fake like were going to run it with the RB and what, just let Manuel run it or improvise?

The refs sure did let the NCST o-line get away with murder out there. Every other play there was obvious holding going on. I think they were only called for it once or twice. The pass interference penalty on Rhodes was BS. He basically got called for the penalty because both of them slipped and fell down while both guys were barely touching each other.
ngo1125

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for a legitimate offensive coordinator that calls the plays even before this loss because I think its too much for Jimbo. I heard LSU fans say when we first got Jimbo that he is a good coach, but he doesn't maximize the potential of his players and to expect the same thing.

One thing I didn't get was even though Chris Thompson played a great game, why was he the only RB playing? I don't even think I saw Wilder or Freeman out there for more than 5 plays.
sbrown

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im a grown man, but it took everything for me not to shed tears saturday. what made it bad is that I went to the sports book here in Vegas to watch the second half. they guy next to me put money on NCst so I had to listen to thins dude all night while they were coming back.

But the sack EJ took was the play of the game. we were in chip shot range of a FG and took a huge sack. But jimbo's play calling was horrible. considering what Miami did to them the week before, you mean to tell me we couldnt capitalize on this porous wolfpack defense???

The problem with thinking of bring another HC in is who is out there? But either way I feel we are a top 2 team in the country but we dont play like it and wont be able to show it this season...again

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
Im a grown man, but it took everything for me not to shed tears saturday. what made it bad is that I went to the sports book here in Vegas to watch the second half. they guy next to me put money on NCst so I had to listen to thins dude all night while they were coming back.

But the sack EJ took was the play of the game. we were in chip shot range of a FG and took a huge sack. But jimbo's play calling was horrible. considering what Miami did to them the week before, you mean to tell me we couldnt capitalize on this porous wolfpack defense???

The problem with thinking of bring another HC in is who is out there? But either way I feel we are a top 2 team in the country but we dont play like it and wont be able to show it this season...again
You're FSU, you could easily get a top HC.

Jimbo has now lost 5 times when his team was double digit favorites...that's pathetic. If you had a good coach, you'd easily go undefeated in the ACC every year with the talent you have acquired. You are by far the most talented team in the conference and actually have depth.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 25 of 99

Jump to: