Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manti Te'o in any round?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want to see Manti Te'o in a Giants uniform?
Yes
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Sure, but not a 1st rounder.
28%
 28%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 14

Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Manti Te'o in any round? Reply with quote

Ok Manti Te'o is definitely imploding. Bad game vs Bama, rejects Senior Bowl invite, and now fake girlfriend. I can now definitely see him being there at 19. Some people think he could even drop a couple rounds. Do you guys still want this guy? Laughing
minutemancl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe in the 6th when he is the BPA. I didn't like him before this fake girlfriend thing anyway.

Let me give you my personal opinion, on what I think has happened.
It all started with the release of the coke machine in Brandon Jacobs.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easily take him at 19. but he won't be there. Who cares about this fake gf thing. did not make him any better and I heard he didn't know?? (although I do not believe that. this story is just weird)

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's still going in the top 10...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's going to the Jets. They are in massive financial trouble. With the money they have wasted in underachieving LB core. Could be win win to cut dead weight while still selecting BPA and future leader of a imploding team
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron Curry tells me no ...

I'm Possible
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lied to everyone, Notre Dame, teammates, media, etc. about having a gf that died. This could have possibly in a very tiny way influenced the Awards he received. He is still lying about it, and their is also a possibility that he may be gay(might not affect draft too much). He is supposed to be a leader, but how can you be one if you can't be trusted, and theirs also of course the terrible play vs Bama and him deciding to not go to the Senior Bowl.

I never wanted him in the first round anyways, I would maybe pick him up if he were to drop to 4th round.

GmenSeattle wrote:
He's still going in the top 10...

I bet he wont.

Last edited by Tehzl on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
He lied to everyone, Notre Dame, teammates, media, etc. about having a gf that died. This could have possibly in a very tiny way influenced the Awards he received. He is still lying about it, and their is also a possibility that he may be gay(might not affect draft too much). He is supposed to be a leader, but how can you be one if you can't be trusted, and theirs also of course the terrible play vs Bama and him deciding to not go to the Senior Bowl.

I never wanted him in the first round anyways, I would maybe pick him up if he were to drop to 4th round.

He's not dropping to the 4th Laughing

this guy isnt escaping pick 15 unless he tears and acl

I'm Possible
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

Im gonna go ahead and say he drops to bottom of first or to second round, and Minter and Ogletree take his spot as best ILB this year.
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tehzl wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

Im gonna go ahead and say he drops to bottom of first or to second round, and Minter and Ogletree take his spot as best ILB this year.

thats a bold prediction ... He's gonna have an "amazing" combine and probably stay in that 7-16 range, Imo

I'm Possible
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Tehzl wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Tehzl wrote:

thats a bold prediction ... He's gonna have an "amazing" combine and probably stay in that 7-16 range, Imo

I think with the way the league is heading and all this crap about Te'o, at least Ogletree will be taken ahead of Te'o. This off season is definitely getting interesting though, can't wait till the Draft.
Save The Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so weird:

Quote:
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said "No, she is real."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

^Stone85 on the sig^
Tehzl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save The Hero wrote:
This is so weird:

Quote:
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said "No, she is real."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Like I said this is going to be a long interesting off season, and what you posted makes it even more confusing because Deadspin checked the SSA and said that Lennay Kekua doesn't even exist.

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

I think I shall stick with Gerald Hodges or Arthur Brown in the mid-rounds.

How I feel about this Offseason and Manti :
jerseyboy257

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Used to want Te'o, mainly for his leadership purposes, but after a horrible outing against a defense most similar to what he'll be facing in the NFL in Alabama and now this, I'd rather pass on him. Plus he's slow, and you know we don't put our main defensive emphasis on LB core, I think we'll be looking for quickness more than anything. I don't see us taking Manti at 19. I could definitely see him going with the pick after us to Chicago, but if not, then I'm seeing late first round, early second. Won't get past Buffalo at #40.
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did not break any laws! Even if he was involved for publicity, there were no laws broken. This just shows that high rewards (heisman, pro bowl, all pro, etc.) can be controlled by the news and publicity. Don't hate bc reporters are trying to make a story.

He wont be at pick 19 unless he comes out and says he did this for money reasons.

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: