Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Rnd 1 - Closed dotmotion wins

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which team will win
Dotmotion
84%
 84%  [ 21 ]
ElReyDeLosReyes
16%
 16%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Rnd 1 - Closed dotmotion wins Reply with quote

Dotmotion

Quote:
My formation is set up to counter the lack of width on ElRey's team.

Defense
Kaka and Zidane are both natural AMC players. They will lose their effectiveness if played as wingers and will drift inside to where they are comfortable. To counter the increased number in the central midfield, Gullit will be moved down to partner Keane as a DMC. Keanes role will remain the same and win the ball. Gullit will have more liberty to move forward but his main responsibility is to keep Kaka or Zidane in check. ElRey's attack is based off speed. However, I am confident that both Baresi and Passarella, whom have forged their legacy on smart positioning can manage against Raul, Muller or Sanchez. Also both CBs played libero so speed is a strength of theirs.

Attack
I will exploit the lack of width. With Kaka and Zidane as more central players, this will allow Santos and Breitner liberty to maraud forward. I just cannot see any way Carlos and Puyol will be able to handle my FBs plus Jairzinho and Di Stefano down the flanks. The attacking threat of my full backs will also allow Jairzinho and Di Stefano to cut inside and support Baggio. With 1,046 total goals between them, I like my chances against Hierro and Figuerao. Personally, I believe Platini will get the better of Makelele but that is not my main focus on attack. If Makelele shuts down Platini, I will have occupied ElRey's best defensive midfielder for the whole match. However, I believe he will best Makelele and with his booming shot will be a dangerous weapon at the top of the box.

vs

ElReyDeLosReyes - Real Madrid

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award

Last edited by kempus on Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:00 am; edited 2 times in total
Imarobot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking Dot here. Like he said the lack of width with ElRey's team will be an issue for him. I completely hate the idea of Kaka as a winger.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What robot said.

UofMfan909 wrote:
also, yankee.. you usually have pretty good taste in things

#DIJ
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yankee0724 wrote:
What robot said.
Agree as well. Dot's team doesn't have a ton of width but El Rey's team is extremely narrow and I think that would come back to haunt him. Not a whole lot between the teams though.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with dot here, I do really like his team. Not sure about the formation though, bit too narrow and defensive imo.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll alter my formations for different match ups. I played Jairzinho narrow but he is a natural winger anyways. Alfredo di Stefano was also known for being able to play at whatever position in the pitch because of his complete skill set. I am confident that my forwards can play wide when needed. I can also play Gullit wide as he has played wing before as well (versatile FTW), or maybe try Breitner but he has only played in the central midfield.

Thinking about it. I regret picking Gerson. I think another position would have helped me. Whatever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion would win this match.

Deadpulse on the sig
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have voted Team 1, here's my opinion even though some of it had been already said.
Team 1: Has a great talent distribution backline to frontline and a solid formation. Any adjustment to counter the other team wasn't really necessary. Jairzinho usually plays wider, however he's got plenty of space and he still might be able to go wide with his great quickness. Anyway, it's easier to have a wing play in than have the in play wing. There's a flow along with a good push forward, though it's subtle and retaining the ball for them would be important. Their offense is set for push from the wings and there is the obvious open channel in the middle. Gullit and also Keane can't drift too far forward. Keane, Santos and Breitner would be required to quickly counter any counters. Those and the adaptability of Gullit determines that success.
Team 2: I have to say that Kaka and Zidane don't mix. They are both CAM who use space or range and in this formation they're given part of what they require most. Like having one of your pieces on the latter ranks or files of a chessboard. These players are too good not to be starters and mismatched if you do in this formation. Any alteration with them would still limit their range up the middle and lessen the width of his team even greater. They were set in this formation to create width from having just two forwards and that limited their effect very much. Also, it would be less easier for any counters from where they are set in this formation. Hierro is more than capable of passing forward and could be a factor in getting the ball quickly to any of their midfielders. That might be the channel for goals if the link is made to Kaka or Zidane and that would've been much easier if they were in than wide as well.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops. Just noticed I played Breitner and Santos on the wrong wings Embarassed

NO TAKE BACKS!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is narrowness really the reason why I lost??? C'mon man.

Zidane moves more centrally to allow Carlos to bomb forward while Kaka can dominate in his prime could dominate from anywhere in the final third with his pace, crossing, and passing.

Even if they were all narrow and were all central, I'm pretty sure Zidane, Kaka, and Raul could easily make passes to unlock any defense.

yankee0724 wrote:
My team is based heavily off of Mourinho at Madrid.
^ FC Barcelona Fan ^
dotmotion

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
Zidane moves more centrally to allow Carlos to bomb forward while Kaka can dominate in his prime could dominate from anywhere in the final third with his pace, crossing, and passing.

Even if they were all narrow and were all central, I'm pretty sure Zidane, Kaka, and Raul could easily make passes to unlock any defense.

I know this is academic but my purpose was to attack down the wings especially with a more traditional winger like Jairzinho and Djalma Santos from FB to challenge Roberto Carlos. On paper, this should force Carlos to be more careful when choosing his runs forward.

For the Kaka thing, I'll use a more relateable comparison for most posters. Gerrard is a dominant player that can cross, pass and pacy in his prime that has played out at wing. However, in the end he was more effective in the central midfield. I am not saying that they would completely fall flat when played out wide, they just lose what makes them "great" out of position.

The last part I addressed in the defense. I will have Gullit and Keane to mark the hell out of Zidane and Kaka. I trust that these two DM will be able to at least slow down Zidane and Kaka especially when their sole focus is to defend those two.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
Is narrowness really the reason why I lost??? C'mon man.

You know that I voted you 4th in the seeding and there's plenty of talented players on your team. Many people would undoubtably say that Kaka and Zidane set in your formation would very much limit them being greatly effective. Range and space with them is paramount. Kaka would limit some range of Zidane even if both of them were centrally located, like Kaka would equally limit the space of Maradona if playing on the same team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: