Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The 76ers Thread v. II | TANK! TANK! TANK!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5609
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know lots 76er fans have already seen this, but I just had to share just in case some didn't. I will miss this SOB, but the Lakers needed a shot blocker with athleticism to slow the Westbrooks and Parkers of the the NBA.
Bynum is a bad man. You guys will love him and his fro.
So glad he went to Philly instead of HOU Pray

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPhM1Y8EUdw&feature=g-vrec
_________________


If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iggles


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 24382
Location: Brooklyn
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Interesting thing I realized going over out roster: the Sixers have one player shorter than 6'4" on the team, and that's Maalik Wayns.


Wait why'd he leave Nova? Laughing

No way he was a senior yet.


Left as a junior to play in the NBA.
_________________
Kelly Link wrote:
Television characters almost always have better haircuts, funnier friends, simpler attitudes toward sex. They marry magicians, win lotteries, have affairs with women who carry guns in their purses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
McNabbMcFadden


Joined: 25 Feb 2007
Posts: 32998
Location: State College, PA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Interesting thing I realized going over out roster: the Sixers have one player shorter than 6'4" on the team, and that's Maalik Wayns.


Wait why'd he leave Nova? Laughing

No way he was a senior yet.


Left as a junior to play in the NBA.


No one is going to want him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprised that he left early.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony DiLeo is our new GM. Like the move as he's familiar with the team and the personnel and the players love him. Don't expect him to be GM for a while cause I think once Collins retires, he's the GM
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updates on the team

Interested in Josh Howard for some odd reason. With Thad getting more time at the 3 and Wright playing it in certain situations with Turner as the starter its just not a good move. Still didn't solve the true backup PG move, though do expect Turner to be the ball handler if Holiday is off the court.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
deuces22wild


Joined: 07 Apr 2008
Posts: 8187
Location: El ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/1132/andrew-bynum

Quote:
Andrew Bynum (knee) will be held out of basketball activities for three weeks as a "precautionary measure."Bynum went to Germany for what was labeled as routine maintenance on his knee, but he's been diagnosed with a bone bruise and the Sixers will be extra cautious with their big offseason acquisition.


I would rather him sit out longer now than try and rush him back and having a potential setback situation.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we can stay on the side of caution with him, that and we Hawes who can play the 5 in preseason
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9719
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is your depth chart going to look like heading into the season?

PG - Jrue Holiday // Royal Ivey
SG - Nick Young // Jason Richardson
SF - Evan Turner // Thaddeus Young // Dorrell Wright
PF - Spencer Hawes // Lavoy Allen // Arnett Moultrie
C - Andrew Bynum // Kwame Brown
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
What is your depth chart going to look like heading into the season?

PG - Jrue Holiday // Royal Ivey
SG - Nick Young // Jason Richardson
SF - Evan Turner // Thaddeus Young // Dorrell Wright
PF - Spencer Hawes // Lavoy Allen // Arnett Moultrie
C - Andrew Bynum // Kwame Brown


Probably switch Richardson with Young mainly because of a veteran presence, could go either way. Then expect Turner to be at PG from time to time as Ivey seems just like filler and Young/Wright to get time.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillybul


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3336
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Interesting thing I realized going over out roster: the Sixers have one player shorter than 6'4" on the team, and that's Maalik Wayns.


Wait why'd he leave Nova? Laughing

No way he was a senior yet.


Left as a junior to play in the NBA.


No one is going to want him.


Jokes on you, Wayns has looked phenomenal this preseason. Plays under control, aggressive in the open court. He'll see 10mpg easy here. This team is by far the deepest Sixers team I can remember. Wayns has a chip on his shoulder and it shows when he plays. Doesnt go out of his way doing too much. He could very well be our Lavoy Allen of guards. Local talent Sixers took a chance on and promise was shown.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bynum out for preseason, as for Malik, I want to see what he's made of
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
phillybul


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3336
Location: Philadelphia
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you not entertained?????? Laughing

A sixers team that can shoot and hit 3's???? Dont wake me I'm dreaming.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dr. Philly


Joined: 02 Nov 2009
Posts: 35710
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
Are you not entertained?????? Laughing

A sixers team that can shoot and hit 3's???? Dont wake me I'm dreaming.


To be fair

A. This is preseason, you can tell cause Hawes had 8 Rebounds the other night against Boston

B. Bynum isn't here yet so we're not full potential

C. We're playing Cleveland tonight.
_________________


simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Iggles


Joined: 22 Jun 2005
Posts: 24382
Location: Brooklyn
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillybul wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
McNabbMcFadden wrote:
Iggles wrote:
Interesting thing I realized going over out roster: the Sixers have one player shorter than 6'4" on the team, and that's Maalik Wayns.


Wait why'd he leave Nova? Laughing

No way he was a senior yet.


Left as a junior to play in the NBA.


No one is going to want him.


Jokes on you, Wayns has looked phenomenal this preseason. Plays under control, aggressive in the open court. He'll see 10mpg easy here. This team is by far the deepest Sixers team I can remember. Wayns has a chip on his shoulder and it shows when he plays. Doesnt go out of his way doing too much. He could very well be our Lavoy Allen of guards. Local talent Sixers took a chance on and promise was shown.


Love the way Wayns has been playing. I was a fan of his in HS and even had a few classes with him in college. Good guy, and I am having a ball watching him ball for the Sixers.
_________________
Kelly Link wrote:
Television characters almost always have better haircuts, funnier friends, simpler attitudes toward sex. They marry magicians, win lotteries, have affairs with women who carry guns in their purses.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 63 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group