Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 2 - Dotmotion v Amac
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Dotmotion
47%
 47%  [ 10 ]
Amac
52%
 52%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 21

kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 2 - Dotmotion v Amac Reply with quote

Dotmotion

Sub:
Gerson

Quote:
My team will run the 4-2-3-1. Keane will be a DM, Gullit at CM and Platini at AMC. I feel that this formation should be versatile and strong enough to counter the formation amac puts out.

Defense
The strength of amac's attack is his speed and passing ability. However, I believe that my defense is the ideal counter to what his front four offers. My defense will be able to keep up with the pace that Ronaldo, Pele and Figo will offer. Just like any great libero, speed is a skill that both Baresi and Passarella possess in their arsenal. Both Breitner and Santos are capable of keeping pace with amac's attack through the wings. To counter the passing ability of the team, my defense will need to be keen positionally and organized. As said in the previous match up both Baresi and Passarella were smart defenders who won balls not based on pure athletism but being at the right place at the right time. My last benefit is the intangibles my defense provides. Both Baresi and Passarella are legendary captains. Baresi the man who lead Milan at the young age of 22 and Passarella, the man who lead Argentina to a World Cup victory. Their leadership and organizational ability would be critical in ensuring that my defense stays organized against a difficult attacking force. Roy Keane will once again be at his bad... self and be dutied to stop the AMC or playmaker. It'll be Zico or whoever, Keane will make it tough for the playmaker to receive or distribute the ball. Gullit at CM will be tasked to push up and pressure Redondo to disrupt his playmaking abilities.

Attack
I'll start with the midfield. My attacking midfield consist of 3 time Ballon d'Or winner, Platini and one time Ballon d'Or winner, Gullit. I strongly believe this combination of these two legends will win the midfield battle against his midfield. Lastly, will be my front three against the back line. I believe amac's biggest weakness is John Terry. I do not think Terry has the speed to match up with players like Baggio and Di Stefano. I also believe that Jairzinho has a favourable match up against Ashley Cole. I feel that my ability to push up compared to amac's will allow me more chances to find the back of the net. With the combination of 4 Ballon D'Or winners + a player with 7 goals in one World Cup, I believe my team will break down amacs defense.

vs

amac
New York Redbull

sub: Robert Pires
Quote:
Pele-all time leading scorer for Brazil and Santos
Ronaldo- all time leading scorer in World Cup history
Zico- all time leading scorer for Flamengo, and possibly the best scoring CAM of all time, also a great playmaker
Figo- an excellent set up man from the wing w/ his crosses, passing and dribbling

= unstoppable

Jose Santamaria and Ricardo Zamora completely dominated their eras if you havent heard of them

Ruud Krol as well, a top 5 fullback of all time, and while he played more left back he was right footed and played RB occasionally. An all around fullback who could attack and defend

Fernando Redondo will serve as the deep-lying playmaker, dictating the flow of the game with his crisp pinpoint passing and playing in through balls to the forwards, also capable of pushing up and taking on players himself, along with being a fantastic defender. Truly one of the most complete CMs of all time

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
kempus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I agree with some of your analysis, Dot. I think his front 4 would abuse your back line. There is absolutely no way that they would be ale to deal with the speed and agility of Ronaldo, Pele, Zico and Figo. I also think the midfield battle would be a lot closer than you are making out. Vieira and Redondo vs Gullit and Keane would be absolutely amazing. The physicality and tackles would be breath taking. At worst I would say this is a push. I do however, agree that your front 3 would be very hard for his back line to cover. Not so much Baggio ,but Di Stefano and Jarzinho. Either way, this would be an extremely close match, imo. It would be a who can score most kind of game.

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record I see Guilit as strictly an attacking midfielder/striker.

There is no way he makes it into this draft as a box to box midfielder in my opinion.

Patro14

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although dot's defence is one of the best in the draft, I feel like amac team will have 65% possession and will end up winning the game by a goal or two. Dot's team will probably end up playing with 5 defenders as Keane will practically be a glorified libero if you want to try and contain the passing and scoring ability of Pele, Ronaldo, Zico and Figo. You also have to count the attacking player Cole and Krol could be and will ultimately break in the most organized defence in the world (kinda what Guardiola does when he can't break in, places more wingers) and what is one of the best box to box midfielder/deep lying midfielder to ever play the game in Redondo.

If that happens, dot's team will have no cohesion (5 guys defending like mad and other 5 trying to attack) whatsoever and what it looks like a nice midfield battle won't be able to occur. Five players defending like crazy down near his box and 5 other players waiting for the ball near the midfield. Platini and Gullit combination might be deadly but I feel there's a need for a player that manages the tempo and passing. Gullit is more of a CAM and Platini, in my opinion won't be able to build organized attack plays with Redondo and Vieria quickly being over him. I think dot's team will end up playing with quick counter attacks, but won't be enough.

amac wins, 1-3.
kempus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The poll reflects how I feel about this match, it would be insanely close.

PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Round 2 - Dotmotion v Amac Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Dotmotion

Sub:
Gerson

Quote:
My team will run the 4-2-3-1. Keane will be a DM, Gullit at CM and Platini at AMC. I feel that this formation should be versatile and strong enough to counter the formation amac puts out.

Defense
The strength of amac's attack is his speed and passing ability. However, I believe that my defense is the ideal counter to what his front four offers. My defense will be able to keep up with the pace that Ronaldo, Pele and Figo will offer. Just like any great libero, speed is a skill that both Baresi and Passarella possess in their arsenal. Both Breitner and Santos are capable of keeping pace with amac's attack through the wings. To counter the passing ability of the team, my defense will need to be keen positionally and organized. As said in the previous match up both Baresi and Passarella were smart defenders who won balls not based on pure athletism but being at the right place at the right time. My last benefit is the intangibles my defense provides. Both Baresi and Passarella are legendary captains. Baresi the man who lead Milan at the young age of 22 and Passarella, the man who lead Argentina to a World Cup victory. Their leadership and organizational ability would be critical in ensuring that my defense stays organized against a difficult attacking force. Roy Keane will once again be at his bad... self and be dutied to stop the AMC or playmaker. It'll be Zico or whoever, Keane will make it tough for the playmaker to receive or distribute the ball. Gullit at CM will be tasked to push up and pressure Redondo to disrupt his playmaking abilities.

Attack
I'll start with the midfield. My attacking midfield consist of 3 time Ballon d'Or winner, Platini and one time Ballon d'Or winner, Gullit. I strongly believe this combination of these two legends will win the midfield battle against his midfield. Lastly, will be my front three against the back line. I believe amac's biggest weakness is John Terry. I do not think Terry has the speed to match up with players like Baggio and Di Stefano. I also believe that Jairzinho has a favourable match up against Ashley Cole. I feel that my ability to push up compared to amac's will allow me more chances to find the back of the net. With the combination of 4 Ballon D'Or winners + a player with 7 goals in one World Cup, I believe my team will break down amacs defense.

vs

amac
New York Redbull

sub: Robert Pires
Quote:
Pele-all time leading scorer for Brazil and Santos
Ronaldo- all time leading scorer in World Cup history
Zico- all time leading scorer for Flamengo, and possibly the best scoring CAM of all time, also a great playmaker
Figo- an excellent set up man from the wing w/ his crosses, passing and dribbling

= unstoppable

Jose Santamaria and Ricardo Zamora completely dominated their eras if you havent heard of them

Ruud Krol as well, a top 5 fullback of all time, and while he played more left back he was right footed and played RB occasionally. An all around fullback who could attack and defend

Fernando Redondo will serve as the deep-lying playmaker, dictating the flow of the game with his crisp pinpoint passing and playing in through balls to the forwards, also capable of pushing up and taking on players himself, along with being a fantastic defender. Truly one of the most complete CMs of all time
I have not yet voted, this isn't entirely true in my opinion.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STOP POKING HOLES Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patro14 wrote:
Although dot's defence is one of the best in the draft, I feel like amac team will have 65% possession and will end up winning the game by a goal or two. Dot's team will probably end up playing with 5 defenders as Keane will practically be a glorified libero if you want to try and contain the passing and scoring ability of Pele, Ronaldo, Zico and Figo. You also have to count the attacking player Cole and Krol could be and will ultimately break in the most organized defence in the world (kinda what Guardiola does when he can't break in, places more wingers) and what is one of the best box to box midfielder/deep lying midfielder to ever play the game in Redondo.

If that happens, dot's team will have no cohesion (5 guys defending like mad and other 5 trying to attack) whatsoever and what it looks like a nice midfield battle won't be able to occur. Five players defending like crazy down near his box and 5 other players waiting for the ball near the midfield. Platini and Gullit combination might be deadly but I feel there's a need for a player that manages the tempo and passing. Gullit is more of a CAM and Platini, in my opinion won't be able to build organized attack plays with Redondo and Vieria quickly being over him. I think dot's team will end up playing with quick counter attacks, but won't be enough.

amac wins, 1-3.
I don't think he would have nearly any kind of great advantage like that, keeping the ball begins with your midfielders, my guess is the percentage would be quite even.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
For the record I see Guilit as strictly an attacking midfielder/striker.

There is no way he makes it into this draft as a box to box midfielder in my opinion.
My guess being that he's serving a defensive purpose more above offensive, even though he is postitioned there in the formation.
wootah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amac's team is more balanced, so my vote goes out to him.
amac

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Patro14 wrote:

amac wins, 1-3.
I don't think he would have nearly any kind of great advantage like that, keeping the ball begins with your midfielders, my guess is the percentage would be quite even.

Mad dood stop hating on my passing. by all accounts redondo was a genius passer, vieira was pretty good himself, zico, figo, pele and ronaldo were amazing, even krol was a great passer from the back

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's "hating" on your passing. Just saying that in his opinion you don't have a major advantage there like some were saying.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imarobot wrote:
I don't think he's "hating" on your passing. Just saying that in his opinion you don't have a major advantage there like some were saying.

he said he ranked me low b/c i have no distributor earlier, and pmed me and told me redondo was not a good distributor and that my team couldnt function together

Last edited by amac on Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Patro14

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleLion wrote:
Patro14 wrote:

amac wins, 1-3.
I disagree there, ball possession comes with team cohesion.

I'll agree that 65% was probably an overstatement from my part, but I don't think it would be 50-50.
PurpleLion

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
PurpleLion wrote:
Patro14 wrote:

amac wins, 1-3.

Mad dood stop hating on my passing. by all accounts redondo was a genius passer, vieira was pretty good himself, zico, figo, pele and ronaldo were amazing, even krol was a great passer from the back
Krol, Figo and Zico did pass quite well, Vieira was alright for a defensive midfielder, Ronaldo along with Pele didn't often pass the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: