Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predictions for Next Year
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
McNabb2Maclin

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject: Predictions for Next Year Reply with quote

So, we have our squad together. We're not sure where all the pieces are gonna fit, but we have the pieces, and theres only a few questions left to answer.

It's time to prematurely ......wait what...prematurely make predictions on what we're gonna be up to next year.

I have a weird feeling about next years team, I feel like we have without a doubt improved on paper, but for some my heart is just not registering with the paper. Here are my thoughts on the roster right now:

IMO the OLine pretty much stayed the same, maybe it slightly regressed, we'll see. Chip admitted we needed help there moving forward but said they were very confident in the group for THIS year. It seems pretty clear to me that they always thought the replacement for Herremans this year was already on the roster, or else it would have been a priority position during the draft and especially Free Agency. We will probably get more push on the right side of the line with Herremans gone to be honest, the dude was declining hard.

Running Back eaaasilllyy got better IMO. Shady is nice as hell but he is simply not cut out from the same mold that Chip wants for this offense. Demarco was the best back in the league last year, yall talk about him breaking down, but he does NOT have very many carries over the course of his career. Last year was really his full year as a starter, so hes relatively spry. And of course, we got Ryan Matthews behind him, another aggressive 1 cut runner who I wouldve been comfortable starting. His fumble problems set him back from being one of the top 10 RB's in this league during his tenure in San Diego IMO. If the OLine holds up the way it should, were gonna have one hell of a power running game. I see us looking at a lot of 3rd and 2's next year

WR: We have one of the best young cores in the entire league to grow together. JMatt, like I said all offseason, is never gonna be an All Pro dominant receiver (hope he proves me wrong), but he is a solid player and will produce similar to a guy like Malcolm Floyd did in San Diego IMO. Nelson on the other side, well we know what he could be, we've been talking about it the last few days. Smooth route runner, fast, great body control (my favorite trait in a receiver), and ready to roll. JHUFF is the guy Im most excited about though, apart from the fumbles, you could see how electric he was last year. Nelson and Matthews on the outside with JHUFF in the slot could be exciting as hell. Especially in 2 years. I believe in Miles Austin too, he will provide some important catches here and there. Riley Cooper can shove something big and round up his butt though.

D Line was hype last year and should only improve this year. Love the addition of the gigantic ape from BC. Vinny Curry should be seeing even more snaps with how good he was last year and he will make the most of them just like he did last year. That dude can get after the QB like a got damn mofo.

Our linebacker starters are nice. I dont see Barwin coming through with the sacks like he did last year, but he honestly doesn't need to have 18 sacks lol, he is one of the most complete OLB's in all of football. Fantastic against the run, more than decent against the pass, and if he can cop 10 or so sacks, then hes a top 5 OLB in the game, flashy or not. Graham was a great pass rusher last year, his short azz arms robbed him of 2 or 3 sacks but the pressure he got was invaluable, especially with the push we were getting from the Line. Straight up, our starters are nice. I think its reasonable to expect SOME, just a LITTLE, production from our 1st round draft pick last year. The nice thing is, hes only a backup, even if he still sucks. I believe though, he put on 15 pounds, all while reducing his body fat percentage 3%. Thats good stuff.

ILB should be dope. Chip's press conference made it sound like Demeco and Mychal are gonna start off as the starters, which is fair, and makes sense locker room wise. Thats one unquestionably dope starter in Mychal. And one guy who was unquestionably solid as hell before injury. You guys are almost hoping that Chip fails, saying we got worse at ILB, Demeco and Kiko are both very good players, and players return from injuries all the time (see: Thomas Davis). Atleast one of them will be a very good partner for Mychal next year. Our linebacking core in general is on point.

Corners are looking cool, if not overstacked with depth. Byron Maxwell, hell yeah. We got our #1 corner. Eric Rowe should hopefully be able to start opposite him, but we got 2 safety valves that would be mediocre AT WORST, in Brandon Boykin and Walter Thurmond, both who have played at high levels at certain points in their young careers. Speaking of them, the winner of that battle for the slot corner will be a very deserving one. CB core looking fresh. Jacory Shepperd looks nice too, Mel Kipers had him rated as a 3rd rounder.

Safety, Malcolm Jenkins is who he is. I feel like Jaylen Watkins is gonna move full time to Safety with all the Corner picks we made, I mean we literally drafted 3 corners, though Rowe and the last guy could move to safety. I wish one of those sheepish media guys would have asked him a pointed question about who was pencilled in to play where. In general though, we have a lot of talented youth in the secondary that have potential to be a safety, and odds that we can find one of them to be atleast average is pretty good iyam imho tbh.

I feel that we without a doubt upgraded our roster. Im hesitant about Sammy but optimistic at the same time, but I think he will be better than Foles was last year and without a shred of doubt better than Mark "I have a middle school arm that can only throw 25 yards in the air but Im handsome and likeable" Sanchez. I do wish that we got to see Mariota with Chip, but hey, some matches are made in heaven, and sometimes the short stubby dude with a ton of neck fat can't get the chisseled enigmatic Hawaaian man.

Here's to 12 Wins and a Super Bowl??? Hopefully.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy if we can win 10 games.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see 10-6 if Bradford isn't healthy.

And I could see 12-4 if Bradford stays healthy and picks up the offense fairly quickly.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're facing an easier scheduled this year? If so we can get more than 10 wins.

Also depends ALOT on Sam.

HT52 wrote:
I laughed way too hard at this Laughing they talked about the Dane like Robert Downey Jr talked about The Hulk in The Avengers
"We have the Dallas forum"
"We have a Dane"

#ChipTrust
marky_b27

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 game either side of .500

Definitely less than .500 if Bradford continues to be a sick note.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could definitely go 8-0 at home this season. The toughest game at home is the Cowboys, then after that, maybe the Saints if they pull it together? Can't see the Cardinals coming here and winning a 1PM game. It will be a complete failure if they don't go at least 6-2 at home.

The road schedule is tougher, but again, they should only need 2-4 wins on the road to get to 10-6. Saying they go 1-2 on the road in the division, and they should win 2 of @Falcons, @Jets, @Panthers, and @Lions.
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very hopeful but hate making predictions because I don't like to be disappointed. A rational fan would identify that we have made a lot of changes this offseason and the team will probably take time to be on the same page. In other words, expectations should be low right now. On the other hand, we do have the benefit of having Chip Kelly the coach, who seems to do as much as he can to simplify things for his players.

I will never count us out, but I think it's important to manage expectations. Chip is building a team right now and we should therefore be patient. I very much like the direction the team is heading and that's really all that should matter. And it really all does depend on Bradford's ability to stay healthy and pick up the offense.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Bradford finishes 2nd in MVP voting to DeMarco Murray.
-Eagles finish 13-3.
-Cox, Graham, Kendricks, Kiko, and Maxwell make Pro Bowl defensively
-Rowe wins defensive rookie of the year with 7 INT's

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
-Eagles finish 13-3.

Its just kindof a given all of these things are gonna happen

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammertime52 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
-Eagles finish 13-3.

Let me counter balance the universe. Cool

Bradford finishes his 2nd game only to go down injured again. DeMarco Murray to follow shortly after. So much for MVP?
-Eagles finish 3-13.
-Cox, Graham, Kendricks, Kiko, and Maxwell make the Puppy Bowl defensively. Two of the five replacement players because of IR.
-Rowe wins a box of Chocolates for being slightly better then Fletcher/Allen.

2015 Bird Watch: To many new faces to choose?
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on health really could see us win 10 games again but could also see us win like 5.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Anna Kendricks are always nice.
mm6492

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Hammertime52 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
-Eagles finish 13-3.

Let me counter balance the universe. Cool

Bradford finishes his 2nd game only to go down injured again. DeMarco Murray to follow shortly after. So much for MVP?
-Eagles finish 3-13.
-Cox, Graham, Kendricks, Kiko, and Maxwell make the Puppy Bowl defensively. Two of the five replacement players because of IR.
-Rowe wins a box of Chocolates for being slightly better then Fletcher/Allen.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No less than 0 wins but no more than 16 wins

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012EagHoF #'12GldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY #quack
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9-7 or 10-6.
Only for the quick and lucky.
Jeezla

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could see us finishing anywhere between 4-12 and 8-8. First 8 weeks should be sloppy while all the new starters adjust to playing with each other.

Kilty Sig '15 Wish List: FIRE CHIP KELLY! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIRE CHIP KELLY!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: