Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FF Soccer All-Time XI Draft - Finals - kempus vs. amac
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Team will Win
kempus
62%
 62%  [ 15 ]
amac
37%
 37%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 24

dotmotion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And kempus wins

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so would i have been better off using this

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows how much ElRey knows about Football, putting me as the 9th best team Laughing Wink

Seriously though, thanks for the votes, I'm very happy to have been named Champion Cool

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
amac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElReyDeLosReyes wrote:
amac's center midfield is more than able to hold their own against Souness and Landrap. Redondo and Vieira would be able to starve service to Giggs, Henry, Van Basten, and Messi.

Also, Pele, Ronaldo, and Figo would be able to break through any defense. It's a deadly team.

ya that wouldve been my argument but by the time i got here i was already down 10

my front 4 is just unstoppable imo. if maldini can handle figo then krol could handle giggs. Souness as the lone defensive mid would have no chance at containing Zico, Bergomi wasnt known for his pace and would constantly get burned by Pele

kempus wrote:

I think that Pele is being made a bit redundant in this formation. He is a classic CF, not a winger. This would also really limit the width that his team has.

hes not playing as a true winger, he had ridiculous all around skill and could play out there anyway, and cole would provide width.

Quote:

Neither Redondo or Vieira have the ability that Laudrup had

Zico>Laudrup. Redondo and Vieira both had good pace, dribbling and were very good passers, saying they couldnt link defense to attack is a completely invalid argument imo. Redondo was the deep-lying playmaker for a dominant Madrid team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
my front 4 is just unstoppable imo. if maldini can handle figo then krol would be able to shut down giggs. Souness as the lone defensive mid would have no chance at containing Zico, Bergomi wasnt known for his pace and would constantly get burned by Pele

Maldini is the best LB of all time, he could shut almost anyone down. Krol is not a better player than Giggs was in his prime imo.

amac wrote:
hes not playing as a true winger, he had ridiculous all around skill and could play out there anyway, and cole would provide width.

What position do you actually have him playing then? If he is a LCF then your team is even worse. There is absolutely no players on the left side of your team. Bearing in mind Messi is on the right wing, Cole wouldn't be able to get forward.

amac wrote:
Zico>>Laudrup. Redondo and Vieira both had good pace, dribbling and were very good passers, saying they couldnt link defense to attack is a completely invalid argument imo. Redondo was the deep-lying playmaker for a dominant Madrid team

Laudraup and Zico were different players, but I would take Laudrup every single time.

Your team is too disjointed whether you accept that or not. Having two defensive midfielders does not translate to having a free flowing team.

The main point is that my front 4 players are vastly better than your back 4, there is absolutely no debate there.

teamorange

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised no one picked Kubala for their team. One of the best players from the 50s and 3rd highest scorer for Barcelona ever. He would be considered one of the best if he was such a hedonist. He made George Best look like a choir boy (hyperbole)
amac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zico had similar playmaking abilities to Laudrup and was 10x the dribbler and finisher. not even close imo

Pele isnt a true winger in the sense that he would be cutting inside most of the game, the same way messi does when he plays on the wing. Redondo would cover for Cole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laudrup was a pure playmaker, Zico was more of a second striker. I'd prefer Laudrup, especially in that role.
kempus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quotes on Laudrup

Romário: "The best player I have ever played with and the 5th best in the history of the game"

Raúl: "The best I have ever played with."

Cruyff: "When Michael plays like a dream, a magic illusion, determined to show his new team his extreme abilities, no one in the world comes anywhere near his level."

Guardiola: "The best player in the world, I can't believe he hasn't won the title as best player."

Beckenbauer: "Pelé was the best in the 60s, Cruyff in the 70s, Maradona in the 80s and Laudrup in the 90s."

Koeman: "Michael was possibly the most skilful and elegant player I ever played with. Few could dribble like he could. He could sense when a game was ready to be seized and transformed by a moment of individual brilliance."

Figo:"I think maybe Laudrup was the best player I ever played against."

Mourinho:"He was phenomenal in Barcelona. He was a fantastic player whom I would love to have on my team today."

Iniesta:"Who is the best player in history? Laudrup."

Laudrup>>>>Zico

amac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

take away Zico's dribbling and scoring abilities, make him focus more on passing and you have Michael Laudrup Razz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
take away Zico's dribbling and scoring abilities, make him focus more on passing and you have Michael Laudrup Razz

Did you miss the quotes from some of the biggest and best names in Football ever saying Laudrup was the greatest Rolling Eyes

RoxSox2004

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:

Just don't. Seriously. Laudrup was magic when he played. Greatest vision of any player ever. Not to mention he played against far tougher competition than Zico did.
amac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoxSox2004 wrote:
amac wrote:

Not to mention he played against far tougher competition than Zico did.

Brazilian league was much better back then, plus he went to Udinese and dominated despite being old and having a weak team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amac wrote:
RoxSox2004 wrote:
amac wrote:

Not to mention he played against far tougher competition than Zico did.

Brazilian league was much better back then, plus he went to Udinese and dominated despite being old and having a weak team

The level of competition still wasn't close to Italy and Spain in the 90's. Not even a little.
dotmotion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laudrap is not better than Zico imo. I can accept that Laudrap is a better playmaker but as an overall footballer, Zico is a better player. However, they are different players, Laudrap is more the classical playmaker ala Xavi, who dictates temp and controls the midfield, Zico is more of a AMC who can play across the pitch, push up ala Messi. To me, Zico more skilled then Laudrap. His ball control and dribbling ability is ten folds better than Laudrap, there just isn't a comparison there. His free kick, shooting are also better than Laudrap's (but not as much as his on ball ability). Personally, I think Zico's vision and passing ability is on par with Laudrap but we just don't see it in the way he plays. Let me go back to that example. There is no doubt in my mind that Messi can drop in the MC and be just as good in his vision and passing range as Xavi, but we don't see it as much because he plays high up the pitch and has less room to operate. However, even if you think Laudrap is better, it is not by too much.

Also, don't give me the league crap. The Brazilian and South Americans leagues were still top tier in the 70s and 80s. amac posted a short clip but the full Flamengo v. Liverpool game is online if you look. Flamengo didn't just win against Liverpool with Dalglish, Souness, Lee, Hansen, etc, they dominated them, they embarrassed them. This was the same for other SA teams like Nacional, Independiente , Gremio teams they face in Copa Lipa... or the Brazilian league who won the Intercontinental cup year after year. He went to the Serie A at 31 and although was injured for about 10 games was still 2nd in League scoring. International football, he also dominated with 52 goals in 72 games from the midfield.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: