Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

Out of left field gut instinct: Maggie is going to die at the end of this season. Shocked

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Out of left field gut instinct: Maggie is going to die at the end of this season. Shocked

Hopefully she takes Lori with her.

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

Greg_Jennings wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

And the kid... and Andrea... and T-Dog...

Beast
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
kenney wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
We're talking about morals, ethics, schemes, and technicalities on a Zombie show.

Something isn't right..

Morals and ethics are the only thing this show is about.

When it shouldn't be. Especially compared to Season 1. If the producers wanted a post apocalypse show that relied on human sentiment, something along natural disasters or mass terrorism would have been better, just to name a few. I think I'm just really frustrated with what the writers have applied to the direct audience this season. Too much drama, too many side conflicts, no progress, HUGELY exaggerated action scenes, and character ineptiveness. The characters on this show seem to have the intelligence of rock, with feet and legs. I don't think any of us will ever go through it so we may never know, but I can't imagine any group of survivors being this retardedly dysfunctional. All in all, it's failed to suffice to reality when that's what they're trying to apply.

You do realize this show is on AMC, and not the Si/Fi Channel right? The AMC slogan is "Where Characters Happen." Their shows are all character dramas like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Killing, and Hell on Wheels. You should have known to expect a complex story about people surviving in a zombie infested world, not people going around trying to rid the world of zombies.

The show has done what it's set out to do. All characters have changed dramatically since the beginning of the show through conflict, death, and survival. The most hated on character, Lori, might be the best written character on the show. You have to look at things through her eyes. First she thought she lost her husband, and started a new life with his best friend in a camp where everyone thought they were safe. You saw the people doing normal things, and even made friendships. Her husband finds her out of nowhere, so of course she is going to be conflicted, and guarded since he is back. Then she almost loses her son, and find out she is pregnant. Of course she is going to act different. She almost lost both people she loved. She's going to be more of a [inappropriate/removed]. She's going to shun everything and everyone else that might bring harm to her family, and she is going to do something crazy if she thinks that either Rick or Carl is in danger. He character is perfect now. She is self centered, and only going to think about what's best for her family.

#JDI
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:

Nope, Shane will die, along with another member of Herschel's family. I'm going with his other daughter, but Maggie won't be in season 3. She will stay behind when the group leaves at the end of the season.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it, and no I haven't read anything with spoilers. It's my speculation.

#JDI
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
The AMC slogan is "Where Characters Happen."

...technically, it's "Story Matters Here" but...yeah, agreed. Wink

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
patsfan25

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
kenney wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
We're talking about morals, ethics, schemes, and technicalities on a Zombie show.

Something isn't right..

Morals and ethics are the only thing this show is about.

When it shouldn't be. Especially compared to Season 1. If the producers wanted a post apocalypse show that relied on human sentiment, something along natural disasters or mass terrorism would have been better, just to name a few. I think I'm just really frustrated with what the writers have applied to the direct audience this season. Too much drama, too many side conflicts, no progress, HUGELY exaggerated action scenes, and character ineptiveness. The characters on this show seem to have the intelligence of rock, with feet and legs. I don't think any of us will ever go through it so we may never know, but I can't imagine any group of survivors being this retardedly dysfunctional. All in all, it's failed to suffice to reality when that's what they're trying to apply.

You do realize this show is on AMC, and not the Si/Fi Channel right? The AMC slogan is "Where Characters Happen." Their shows are all character dramas like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, The Killing, and Hell on Wheels. You should have known to expect a complex story about people surviving in a zombie infested world, not people going around trying to rid the world of zombies.

The show has done what it's set out to do. All characters have changed dramatically since the beginning of the show through conflict, death, and survival. The most hated on character, Lori, might be the best written character on the show. You have to look at things through her eyes. First she thought she lost her husband, and started a new life with his best friend in a camp where everyone thought they were safe. You saw the people doing normal things, and even made friendships. Her husband finds her out of nowhere, so of course she is going to be conflicted, and guarded since he is back. Then she almost loses her son, and find out she is pregnant. Of course she is going to act different. She almost lost both people she loved. She's going to be more of a [inappropriate/removed]. She's going to shun everything and everyone else that might bring harm to her family, and she is going to do something crazy if she thinks that either Rick or Carl is in danger. He character is perfect now. She is self centered, and only going to think about what's best for her family.

I get where you're coming from, but my expectations are set from Season 1. Season 2 has been a basket case, compared.

Logan Ryan
Tackles:13 Forced Fumbles:1
PDs:3 INTs:1 Pick 6s:

Deadpulse Ink.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
I get where you're coming from, but my expectations are set from Season 1. Season 2 has been a basket case, compared.

I think it's how the show had to build itself up; The first season is the foundation, and you have to keep things at a fast clip, allow things to happen quickly, with a lot of blood and guts and stuff. That's what draws the viewers in, the intense action right out of the gate.

S2? NOW, you can build up on who these people are, what motivates them, what steps they feel necessary to manage in the world that you've laid out in S1. We know what's out there, we know that death is around every corner...so, how do the people who make up this motley crew manage? What is their long term motivation, outside of not dying or becoming a walker?

S3 is a season where you can take these two foundations - the story and the action - and combine them into a full fledged story, one where there IS the violence and gore, while an underlying current of what motivates the people and what they're prepared to do to when everything hits the fan.

I wanna see how the last two episodes go, but I'm sure it will be a ramp up to a very violent and bloody S3. AMC tends to let shows like this end before they grow stale - Breaking Bad is going to have its final season this year, The Killing should be done within 1/2 seasons, Hell on Wheels might have another two years in it - and these shows (unlike the flagship AMC show, Mad Men) all have storylines that beg for completion. In having a finite ending with nowhere to go but to die, you have to really flesh out some things before coming to the grand finale.

I see S3 being a bloody affair, with S4 serving as the final tale of our friends in Atlanta. It's the way it would have to be, IMO.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

and Carol, she's equally as useless as the rest of the characters.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
c0insnap

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

Apodrocks wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Lol, I keep forgetting about her. Isn't there some guy named Jimmy who's at the farm? I don't even think I've ever even seen him. Let's get rid of him, too. Laughing

Beast
Apodrocks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: The Walking Dead [AMC] (Don't Open Spoilers Inside) v2 Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Apodrocks wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Greg_Jennings wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:

Lol, I keep forgetting about her. Isn't there some guy named Jimmy who's at the farm? I don't even think I've ever even seen him. Let's get rid of him, too. Laughing

Hershel sucks, and Maggie only has 2 purposes on the show.

1. Tell Glen what he should and should not do, and manipulate him (typical)
2. Yell at Lori.

and an optional 3rd option, have a great body.

^Packerbacker87 on the sig, thanks!
dbtb135

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

And it works! That is where LOST lost me, no pun intended. They'd flesh out a character, like Ecko. Here's a new guy. Here's his back-story. Here's how he's assimilating in with the characters you know. Oops, he died. Well, here's another new person.

They just threw in someone getting killed for the heck of it the first couple of seasons. Just to say "look, something happened". With The Walking Dead, there's logic to it. The deaths have a meaning and an end-game. The little girl taking them to Hershel's and having a hand in changing Hershel's group and especially Hershel himself. Dale's death having meaning any numbers of ways, and opening the writing up for the end of the season because it's going to be a HUGE storyline.

It's way better than just humans killing zombies, zombies killing humans. Though I'd like for it to more closely resemble the end of last season, I do think they've done so much with the little amount of zombie interactions the past few episodes.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a feeling either Andrea or T-Dog dies at the end. At some point Merle has to make a REAL appearance.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Got a feeling either Andrea or T-Dog dies at the end. At some point Merle has to make a REAL appearance.

Does it matter if T-Dog dies, he isn't really a part of the show as of right now. And Merle's story how he survived Atlanta would be awesome.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
project T.O

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone see the talking dead where the director of the episode said he was gonna have dale come upon a member of the groups dead body?

Anyone think that was likely T-dog and that it means T-dogs time is coming to an end?

Also on the previews for next week they show Shane coming back to the group with some blood on his face saying that the kid sucker punched him or something and made a run for it than they show T-dog running into an empty shed or w.e it was.

I really think with Shane's history he told the kid to leave or something and then marked him self up to stage the kids escape. Which he knows will lead to the group hunting him down and killing him which is what Shane has wanted all along. Which is what will lead to the long awaited final showdown between Rick and Shane.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 1 of 100

Jump to: