Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Los Angeles Lakers Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10144
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We handle the Heat, Kobe was on a tear...

And here I was believe we were playing like the Lakers we all know and love.

Pathetic losses. Zero excuse to lost to Detroit and the Wizards. Zero. I am going to put both losses squarely on Kobe.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
saintsfan


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 5286
Location: Northeastern University
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think these 2 past losses are gonna push the FO into making a few moves before the deadline. I feel like after the Heat game they thought maybe they wouldnt need to trade Pau, and just grabbing a PG would be enough, but now I feel like they are gonna be pressured into taking one of the packages on the table for Pau. How does everyone feel about the Houston trade thats on the table?

Dragic
Martin
Scola
1st rounder

for Pau Gasol?

I know the Lakers have been pushing for Lowry in that deal so it'll be interesting if either team gives in.
_________________


Adopt-A-Saint 2013
Keenan Lewis 41 tackles 10 PD 3 INT 1 FF
Pierre Thomas 136 car 521 yds 71 rec 503 yds 4 TDS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mesa_Titan


Joined: 20 Feb 2008
Posts: 54404
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
I think these 2 past losses are gonna push the FO into making a few moves before the deadline. I feel like after the Heat game they thought maybe they wouldnt need to trade Pau, and just grabbing a PG would be enough, but now I feel like they are gonna be pressured into taking one of the packages on the table for Pau. How does everyone feel about the Houston trade thats on the table?

Dragic
Martin
Scola
1st rounder

for Pau Gasol?

I know the Lakers have been pushing for Lowry in that deal so it'll be interesting if either team gives in.


I would cry tears of joy if that deal happened.
_________________

mission27 wrote:
Mesa_Titan is God.

#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bleedin_Green36


Joined: 25 Feb 2008
Posts: 11339
Location: St. Petersburg, FL
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mesa_Titan wrote:
saintsfan wrote:
I think these 2 past losses are gonna push the FO into making a few moves before the deadline. I feel like after the Heat game they thought maybe they wouldnt need to trade Pau, and just grabbing a PG would be enough, but now I feel like they are gonna be pressured into taking one of the packages on the table for Pau. How does everyone feel about the Houston trade thats on the table?

Dragic
Martin
Scola
1st rounder

for Pau Gasol?

I know the Lakers have been pushing for Lowry in that deal so it'll be interesting if either team gives in.


I would cry tears of joy if that deal happened.


Is it really going to matter with the way Kobe is playing?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mattwaukee


Joined: 22 Jan 2009
Posts: 3680
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to that list.... RIGHT NOW!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ttitansfan4life


Joined: 30 Dec 2009
Posts: 23288
Location: Delaware
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Losing to the Wizards = Worse Then Pathetic

_________________
Adopt-A-Titan:
Chance Warmack
Karl Klug
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
o_0


Joined: 23 Apr 2008
Posts: 4905
Location: UCSB
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We gotta make a move. Losing to the Wizards and the Pistons is just straight up unacceptable. This team cannot content for a title the way it stands right now....
_________________

✰★✰ In Harbaugh We Trust ✰★✰
BP wrote:
One late season surge and postseason run doesn't make Kaep a better QB than Carson Palmer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
We gotta make a move. Losing to the Wizards and the Pistons is just straight up unacceptable. This team cannot content for a title the way it stands right now....


Agreed. We will not go far with our current roster as it stands.

As for the porposed Rockets offer above, I would do it TBH. Even though Pau has been an important part to this team over the past few years, we could benefit from that package in return this season.

Mattwaukee wrote:
Add me to that list.... RIGHT NOW!


You got it.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
49ers4life52


Joined: 18 Mar 2010
Posts: 3168
Location: Fresno, CA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you add me on the laker fan list. Die hard fan all my life and i am gonna try to post in here more often.
_________________

^Kempes^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers4life52 wrote:
Can you add me on the laker fan list. Die hard fan all my life and i am gonna try to post in here more often.


Absolutely dude.

And I'm really surprised there aren't more 49er/Raider/Charger fans posting in here.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34044
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saintsfan wrote:
I think these 2 past losses are gonna push the FO into making a few moves before the deadline. I feel like after the Heat game they thought maybe they wouldnt need to trade Pau, and just grabbing a PG would be enough, but now I feel like they are gonna be pressured into taking one of the packages on the table for Pau. How does everyone feel about the Houston trade thats on the table?

Dragic
Martin
Scola
1st rounder

for Pau Gasol?

I know the Lakers have been pushing for Lowry in that deal so it'll be interesting if either team gives in.


I can't imagine they'd settle for that package. Two players who are in teh middle of a down year, an average PG, and a mid-to-late 1st round pick isn't much of a fetch for Pau. I'd honestly much rather take a Minnesota deal based around Derrick Williams, cap relief, and picks. Minnesota and Houston both appear to be locked into Pau, so those are the two most natural suitors. I think the Lakers are holding of until D12 gets dealt/stays in Orlando.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
CWood21


Moderator
Joined: 27 Jun 2008
Posts: 34044
Location: 'Merica
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o_0 wrote:
We gotta make a move. Losing to the Wizards and the Pistons is just straight up unacceptable. This team cannot content for a title the way it stands right now....


They can win, but not as long as Mike Brown is coaching the offense. Our offense is abysmal, and the triangle offense helped mask our deficiencies at point guard.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
SaintsFantic101


Joined: 19 Nov 2010
Posts: 1040
Location: New Orleans
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add me to the list please. Been Lakers fan since 2000.
_________________
Teams: NFL:New Orleans Saints
NBA:New Orleans Hornets and Los Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
They can win, but not as long as Mike Brown is coaching the offense. Our offense is abysmal, and the triangle offense helped mask our deficiencies at point guard.


Might as well just have the inmates run this particular asylum here. The vast majority of our players currently on roster, who get major minutes, know the triangle already. Can't be worse than Brown's "offense" at this point.

I guess our age really is becoming a factor here. Time for an infusion of youth, TBH.

SaintsFantic101 wrote:
Add me to the list please. Been Lakers fan since 2000.


Sure thing.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
CaliforniaKid7


Joined: 23 Jan 2010
Posts: 5342
Location: Cali
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please add me to the list if possible, gonna up my posts in here.
_________________

big thanks to OakleyCap on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group