Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Los Angeles Lakers Thread III
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5578
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan Hill has a herniated disk.......GREAT.....Here comes K-Mart to be overpaid. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I have never liked him. He's always been a guy I enjoyed watching the Lakers beat up on. He's a fake thug.
Unless Sacre shows something that makes him worth keeping.
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_ALL_DAY_28


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 5057
Location: Central Coast, California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks he's one of LA's better bench players.

How long is he suppose to be out for?
_________________

NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings
MLB: Indians
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackPrestige92 wrote:
Jordan Hill has a herniated disk.......GREAT.....Here comes K-Mart to be overpaid. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil I have never liked him. He's always been a guy I enjoyed watching the Lakers beat up on. He's a fake thug.
Unless Sacre shows something that makes him worth keeping.


That's a bummer. I like what Hill has to offer at times. And I too despise KMart. If he is signed, it will be tough to cheer for him.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
AP_ALL_DAY_28


Joined: 02 Dec 2009
Posts: 5057
Location: Central Coast, California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I heard that they don't even want to sign Martin.
_________________

NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings
MLB: Indians
NCAA: Trojans
NHL: Kings
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/430/kobe-bryant
Quote:
Kobe Bryant said Monday that he is going to play for two more seasons and then retire.
Quote:
"It's just that three more years seems like a really long time to continue to stay at a high, high level of training and preparation and health," said Kobe when asked about the possibility of a third year. "That's a lot of years." All good things must come to an end, but the future Hall of Famer has plenty of time to change his mind.


The Hall is waiting Kobe. Let's just get you that 6th and 7th ring before you ride off into the sunset.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AP_ALL_DAY_28 wrote:
I thought I heard that they don't even want to sign Martin.


I hope they don't TBH. But if Hill is going to miss extended time, we do need another big man. Earl Clark and Robert Sacre don't necessarily offer much right now.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9719
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/430/kobe-bryant
Quote:
Kobe Bryant said Monday that he is going to play for two more seasons and then retire.
Quote:
"It's just that three more years seems like a really long time to continue to stay at a high, high level of training and preparation and health," said Kobe when asked about the possibility of a third year. "That's a lot of years." All good things must come to an end, but the future Hall of Famer has plenty of time to change his mind.


The Hall is waiting Kobe. Let's just get you that 6th and 7th ring before you ride off into the sunset.


Could you imagine? The Lakers win back to back championships and Kobe retires after the 2013-2014 season after winning his 7th ring.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Could you imagine? The Lakers win back to back championships and Kobe retires after the 2013-2014 season after winning his 7th ring.


TBH I would be happy with just 1 out of 2. I can't even imagine getting the next two.

I would seriously rage, but in a good way.


_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bo_Spice


Joined: 17 May 2009
Posts: 9719
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Lakers win back to back championships and Kobe rides into the sun with 7 rings to end his career, it would be hard to not label him as the greatest player ever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
If the Lakers win back to back championships and Kobe rides into the sun with 7 rings to end his career, it would be hard to not label him as the greatest player ever.


Now everyone who has spent time in the Basketball forum knows I would agree with that, but the haters will suggest his supporting cast was so good that it diminishes his legacy.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23606
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't label him the best player because quite frankly, he's just not the best player ever. Since when did six rings become the barometer of being the greatest ever? Just because MJ has six rings doesn't mean anyone who passes him in rings is better than him. Rings are definitely a factor, but not the ENTIRE factor. It is remarkable Kobe is playing at such an high level for this long but best ever? Nope.................What if he wins two rings and Howard is the main reason?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Eagles_808


Moderator
Joined: 12 Mar 2008
Posts: 28734
Location: California
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
I wouldn't label him the best player because quite frankly, he's just not the best player ever. Since when did six rings become the barometer of being the greatest ever? Just because MJ has six rings doesn't mean anyone who passes him in rings is better than him. Rings are definitely a factor, but not the ENTIRE factor. It is remarkable Kobe is playing at such an high level for this long but best ever? Nope.................What if he wins two rings and Howard is the main reason?



Valid point. But in that same context, if Kobe wins two Finals MVPs, it will be hard to deny him.

However, the term "best" is an opinionated classification. It means different things to different people, so in the end, there really is no right or wrong answer. But sure, for now, His Airness is the best to ever do it IMO.
_________________
2013 Eagles Forum HOF
[quote="Leon Sandcastle"]Chip Kelly's system is college material...that stuff doesn't fly in the NFL[/quote]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BlackPrestige92


Joined: 08 Nov 2011
Posts: 5578
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill Will Not Need Surgery Will Be Back in a Month

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers forward Jordan Hill, the top frontline backup to All-Stars Dwight Howard and Pau Gasol, doesn't need surgery for a herniated disc in his back and will return to the lineup before the Oct. 30 season opener, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Hill, 25, will undergo core strength training on his back to rehabilitate the injury, sources said. He could return to practice within 10-14 days, but Hill's rehab process will be fluid depending on how his back responds to treatment, sources said.

The Lakers issued a statement Monday saying that Hill would be re-examined in seven days. The Lakers' back specialist, Dr. Robert Watkins, examined Hill after Hill played in an exhibition loss to Golden State on Sunday in Fresno, Calif.

Hill signed a two-year contract extension this past summer worth nearly $8 million. He entered training camp in excellent shape and has been impressive in his secondary role to the Lakers' starry frontline. Hill came to the Lakers in February as part of a deal with the Houston Rockets.


Oh and Kobe would be the GOAT if he captured number 7. But let's focus on 6 before the 7 discussion enters the room! Geez, if we start doing that ur gonna attract all the haters here. Jordan Hill is gonna be just fine Razz Razz so number 6 is looking hopeful as of now.
_________________


的f Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, I知 uncoachable, I知 unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nevetslc


Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 191
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://twitter.com/lakers

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers ‏@Lakers

According to Lakers PR man John Black, @DwightHoward has been cleared for 5-on-5 full court work, with limited minutes. #LakersCamp


https://twitter.com/MarkGMedina

Quote:
Mark Medina ‏@MarkGMedina

Howard will not play Wednesday against Portland, though

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
J-ALL-DAY


Joined: 17 Oct 2007
Posts: 23606
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
Valid point. But in that same context, if Kobe wins two Finals MVPs, it will be hard to deny him.

However, the term "best" is an opinionated classification. It means different things to different people, so in the end, there really is no right or wrong answer. But sure, for now, His Airness is the best to ever do it IMO.


Sure, and finals MVP aside, if Kobe IS the best player on the team and IS the main factor, than it will help his legacy. However, how about his first three rings? It's just simple fact when you compare Kobe and MJ, he's not better than him. Kobe can win nine rings but that wouldn't make him the better player. People never said Jordan was the greatest just because he got six rings. Even before his last ring, Magic Johnson and Larry Bird were claiming him to be the greatest. Kobe is a top 10 player of all time and possibly top 5.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 74 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group