Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012-13 College Basketball Thread - Season is here, Leggo!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gl81

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I get near the end of the game you don't want to call ticky tack fouls, but when Gary Harris shoots a three and the UConn defender runs through him leaving the shot 5 feet short, you have to call it. Could definitely tell its the first game of the year for the refs too.

lulz

Is that you LeVeon Bell?

Let me guess, MSU is still 0-0 in basketball. The refs are now 1-0, amirite?

Don't worry, Izzo will destroy them when they get back to EL and they will be perfectly fine moving forward.

Typical Michigan fan, is that you? Did it say I think MSU is 0-0 or the refs are 1-0? I said they had a rough game, and they did, all around. Missed a lot of calls, called a bunch of weak stuff, both ways.

This MSU team isn't that good. They have talent but they don't have any mojo. They look like last years team without Draymond. No one really looks better other than Dawson and Gary Harris is good but no replacement for Draymond. They really lack a leader and it's going to hurt them in tight games like they had tonight.

Not any good? Heck GL has them as one of deepest and best teams in Big Ten

You must be new to college basketball.

^daboyle250
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big start to the season for UCF basketball with a win over USF.

Isaiah Sykes had 26 points 11 rebounds and 8 assists, and Keith Clanton had 16 points and 16 boards. Those two are one of the best 1-2 punches in the nation and noone will ever hear about them because of the postseason ban. Why couldn't we have gone to Big East a year earlier? Crying or Very sad

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
I get near the end of the game you don't want to call ticky tack fouls, but when Gary Harris shoots a three and the UConn defender runs through him leaving the shot 5 feet short, you have to call it. Could definitely tell its the first game of the year for the refs too.

lulz

Is that you LeVeon Bell?

Don't worry, Izzo will destroy them when they get back to EL and they will be perfectly fine moving forward.

Typical Michigan fan, is that you? Did it say I think MSU is 0-0 or the refs are 1-0? I said they had a rough game, and they did, all around. Missed a lot of calls, called a bunch of weak stuff, both ways.

This MSU team isn't that good. They have talent but they don't have any mojo. They look like last years team without Draymond. No one really looks better other than Dawson and Gary Harris is good but no replacement for Draymond. They really lack a leader and it's going to hurt them in tight games like they had tonight.

Not at all. Critics all questioned their depth yet you don't. Funny depth cost them against Uconn and u still fighting it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
gl81 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

lulz

Is that you LeVeon Bell?

Not at all. Critics all questioned their depth yet you don't. Funny depth cost them against Uconn and u still fighting it

Depth didn't kill them against UConn, and they are deep. The lack of a go to scorer and a leader hurt them. They played 10 players with 9 making legit contributions, I would say that's pretty deep. There is no one on the court calling for the ball or looking to score like Draymond did, and that killed them against UConn.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
gl81 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
1King wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:

lulz

Is that you LeVeon Bell?

Depth didn't kill them against UConn, and they are deep. The lack of a go to scorer and a leader hurt them. They played 10 players with 9 making legit contributions, I would say that's pretty deep. There is no one on the court calling for the ball or looking to score like Draymond did, and that killed them against UConn.

Ill rephrase. Quality depth.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be interesting to see the UW offense this, now that they have gone a structured scheme. (High low I believe). Crazy to imagine how much success they have had in the past with essentially one on one basketball. The offense was literally, spread the floor, somebody go score. Fun to watch but equally as frustrating to watch.

Quote:
If you don't care for obscenity, you don't care for the truth; if you don't care for the truth, watch how you vote.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to see MCW in action today. He is a player. Ever since the St. Johns game last year I knew he was going to be one of the best PGs in the nation for this season.

Also hope that Southerland can step up and play the 2 guard as well as both forward positions. If he can successfully play SG then I think that makes him the most versatile player in the country off our bench.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSU has a good team without a true leader. I thought Draymond was overrated last year anyway... he took so many dumb shots at horrible times... great player, but just some awful shot selection. The leadership he brought to that team was huge though... he was their heart and soul. They need someone to replace that, but they're going to be really good once Izzo gets them playing together really well come late in the season. They can compete with Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio State for the Big Ten. That being said.... the game against Kansas is probably going to be ugly. If they play anything like they did against UConn they're going to get slaughtered.

I wish Michigan opened the season with good teams, though. Slippery Rock and IUPUI are just flat out uninteresting opponents.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited for the Syracuse - SDSU game later on today.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:
MSU has a good team without a true leader. I thought Draymond was overrated last year anyway... he took so many dumb shots at horrible times... great player, but just some awful shot selection. The leadership he brought to that team was huge though... he was their heart and soul. They need someone to replace that, but they're going to be really good once Izzo gets them playing together really well come late in the season. They can compete with Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio State for the Big Ten. That being said.... the game against Kansas is probably going to be ugly. If they play anything like they did against UConn they're going to get slaughtered.

I wish Michigan opened the season with good teams, though. Slippery Rock and IUPUI are just flat out uninteresting opponents.

we play a top 10-ish NCST team later this month, we just didn't open with a tough game this year - but yeah its kind of disappointing.

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
detfan782004

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UofMfan909 wrote:

Doesnt really matter. If it was football sure but just getting to tournament is the goal. Getting some lesser opponents first to work out kinks is fine with me given the amount of games played in basketball

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deshaun, Aaron and Lenzelle are the only guys to score. I'm not liking what I'm seeing. Aaron Craft looks really good. Deshaun is scoring. Sam Thompsons defense is really good. Our big men suck right now and Laquiton doesn't feel like playing D.

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worried about the wind.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sucks that Cuse and seahawks are playing at the same time..hate flipping back and forth

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very weird playing outside in day light. Not a fan.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 96, 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 97 of 99

Jump to: