Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Around the NFL II: The Multiple Seasons Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nice to see the calls go Against the Ravens D for once!! Very Happy Cool Surprised

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sassan11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
It's nice to see the calls go Against the Ravens D for once!! Very Happy Cool Surprised

What???? They always have calls go against them. They have this "bad boy" reputation. They always get the short end of the stick.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's official Bruce Irvin from WVU is a beast! I can't believe what he's doing to Brian Bulaga. Pete Carrol is a Smart man for taking him in the 1st.

Smarter than just about everyone else in te world, including me. I thought he should have been a mid rounder.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

What???? They always have calls go against them. They have this "bad boy" reputation. They always get the short end of the stick.
They hit late a lot and don't get flagged for it, at least when I'm watching the steelers and ravens games.

Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ending of Seahawks vs Packers Shocked craaazy... Packers shouldve won.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:

Minus the egregious missed offensive pass interference, that last play was called correctly. Yes, Jennings (who? Not Greg) had his hands on the ball when they hit the ground, but both Tate and him had possession prior to that. When there is mutual possession of the football, the catch goes to the offense. In that sense, the ruling on the field was correct.
Duke Ihenacho: IR
Ryan Clark: 60 tackles, 1 PDef, .5 sacks
Logan Paulsen: 10 catches, 47 yards... and a fumble
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Almm24 wrote:

Minus the egregious missed offensive pass interference, that last play was called correctly. Yes, Jennings (who? Not Greg) had his hands on the ball when they hit the ground, but both Tate and him had possession prior to that. When there is mutual possession of the football, the catch goes to the offense. In that sense, the ruling on the field was correct.

I'm going to disagree with you in that Tate had any sort of possession prior to them hitting the ground.

The other thing is that the refs didn't really confer as to who saw what prior to declaring it a TD.

Just a horrid situation. Perhaps maybe, just maybe, this does something. I'm not that optimistic about it, though.
Almm24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Almm24 wrote:

From what I saw, Jennings had possession of the ball as they were coming down (It looked like he pinned the ball to his chest to me). Tate got that dual possession after he had it and the refs missed it. I'm not so sure though cause I went to shower after it happened and haven't seen replays yet but thats what it looked like to me.
Woz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almm24 wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:
Almm24 wrote:

From what I saw, Jennings had possession of the ball as they were coming down (It looked like he pinned the ball to his chest to me). Tate got that dual possession after he had it and the refs missed it. I'm not so sure though cause I went to shower after it happened and haven't seen replays yet but thats what it looked like to me.

Turn on ESPN at any time in the next 16 hours. You'll see it.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at more and more replays of that play, I have to say that the wrong call was made. Initial control of the ball was made by Jennings. Tate did acquire control, but not before Jennings pinned the football to his chest. Poor Green Bay. Right now, my brother's in Madison. I'm not sure how many Packer fans are out there, but I hope he's ok. Shocked
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins24-7 wrote:
Looking at more and more replays of that play, I have to say that the wrong call was made. Initial control of the ball was made by Jennings. Tate did acquire control, but not before Jennings pinned the football to his chest. Poor Green Bay. Right now, my brother's in Madison. I'm not sure how many Packer fans are out there, but I hope he's ok. Shocked

Interesting note: tonight's refs? Same crew as the Washington-St. Louis game.
Redskins24-7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Redskins24-7 wrote:

Interesting note: tonight's refs? Same crew as the Washington-St. Louis game.

You mean the ones who didn't throw a flag when Janoris Jenkins had a helmet-to-helmet hit on Fred Davis? *Sigh...*
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the wrong call made bythe refs. Interesting that they were the refs from the rams game who were afraid to call late hits and defenseless wr shots. Also, the back judge had the right call, he was calling touch back and that Jennings had an int. The side judge overturned him.

The retired ref in the box (can't remember his name) Said they Can't review who had possession on the challenge replay. Only if the player caught the ball and if he was in bounds.

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was watching the lingerie football league commissioner talking about the refs earlier....he has a Redskins helmet in his office. Cool

mike23md on the sig
Adopt A Redskin- Trent Murphy/OLB-14 Tackles, 1PD, 1 Sack,1FR
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
I was watching the lingerie football league commissioner talking about the refs earlier....he has a Redskins helmet in his office. Cool
Didnt some of the refs come from the lingerie league?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 37 of 73

Jump to: