Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

If we absolutely must (yet again) ... the QB debate thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:19 pm    Post subject: If we absolutely must (yet again) ... the QB debate thread Reply with quote

If you want to prove you are right about Griffin/Cousins/McCoy/random Joe off the street, keep it in here.

The auto-lock on other threads may start come out to play.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This fourm hasn't been exciting in a while till these past few days. .

That being said. If john Clayton stating skins will draft mariota at #5 than I firmly believe we will. Fact is qe HAVE no QB and seems to me the FO does not believe we have non.

If we draft mariota we can develop him than next year get all of the pieces.

Mariota celling will be high ...I know this sound dumb but its foe the best .
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cousins should come in ready to go with a chip on his shoulder. I seriously hope that he comes out and gets over his issues.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:

That being said. If john Clayton stating skins will draft mariota at #5 than I firmly believe we will. Fact is qe HAVE no QB and seems to me the FO does not believe we have non.

If we draft Mariota at 5 then McCloughan is the biggest dumba&& ever. And it proves that this bozo of an owner cant tell his head from his [inappropriate/removed] and he needs to stop screwing around with things.

Anyone but Mariota at 5. Period.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Cousins should come in ready to go with a chip on his shoulder. I seriously hope that he comes out and gets over his issues.

I like kirk but if gruden and scot feel we have no QB than mariota will happen. Some scouts believe mariota celling waa higher than RG3s !.

I want mariota. .if at #5 if he is drafted than ship out kirk and rg3 and resign mccoy or sign shaun hill/vick as vet qb.

Skins fans will be amazed by our new roster. .of potroast does sign than the Shelton/Williams hope dies and if skins sign Orakpo back than the Shane ray/flower stuff dies . Would come down to qb and wr and QB is the bigger need.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I like kirk but if gruden and scot feel we have no QB than mariota will happen. Some scouts believe mariota celling waa higher than RG3s !.

I want mariota. .if at #5 if he is drafted than ship out kirk and rg3 and resign mccoy or sign shaun hill/vick as vet qb.

Skins fans will be amazed by our new roster. .of potroast does sign than the Shelton/Williams hope dies and if skins sign Orakpo back than the Shane ray/flower stuff dies . Would come down to qb and wr and QB is the bigger need.

Shaun Hill signed a 2 year contract today, but I forget with who.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:

If we draft Mariota at 5 then McCloughan is the biggest dumba&& ever. And it proves that this bozo of an owner cant tell his head from his [inappropriate/removed] and he needs to stop screwing around with things.

Anyone but Mariota at 5. Period.

Can't say this is accurate but a fan on chris russel twitter said that on the radio that danny thinks we have no qb but Jay and others (meaning scot) feel we don't.

I don't think it's a bad move. Rg3 MEDIA and lack of learning and iniurys are to much to bare while kirk mentally is not a starter...we dont know what there players think or do only our coaches.

I dont think scot would be dumb at all...likely both rg3 and kirk peobably move on or fail. If skins think mariota can be the next alez smith/Russel Wilson or what I hope.AROD than yes draft him.

We are in great position to get a quality qb and so far Paea could be at NT or DE and Cox/Thurmond/ or Browner will come would fix the secondary.

I feel it's a good move. Just some of us gotta understand we have no QB and if you all claim REBUILD than wouldn't this be the right step? Mariota doesnt have to start ASAP .

Scot wants to win...not rebuild.....we have no old players and like I said on another thread if we sign some starter on D and if our QB plays improve than Yes! We can become playoff contenders again...we are really not as far as some claim.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Boooooo vikings maybe?.
mike23md

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, both QBs are still under contract and RGIII will cost 6M to the cap if we ship him out. So he aint going nowhere. Plus it doesnt look good for Gruden if he cant fix his QB situation that he was brought in to fix.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
New Era Skins

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we draft Mariota we'll be back another 4-5 years. Not saying Griffin or Cousins is the answer but both are better for this team then Mariota. Maybe I'm crazy but I have no faith in Mariota being a better NFL QB then RG3.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
mike23md wrote:
Dashing wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Boooooo vikings maybe?.

Yes. 2y/$6.5M with another $1M available via incentives.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Um, both QBs are still under contract and RGIII will cost 6M to the cap if we ship him out. So he aint going nowhere. Plus it doesnt look good for Gruden if he cant fix his QB situation that he was brought in to fix.

^^^ isn't there some sort of deadlinw for rg3 contract in may. And if gruden fired than will bring in another HC maybe bevell to make mariota his russel wilson.

Im surprise you guys dont like mariota...the times he threw the ball impressed me and would be really good for us if groomed properly.

.if I had to choose a vet it'd be Vick...cheap..a vet..and wants to play for the skins. He did decent for the jets.
Woz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
mike23md wrote:

^^^ isn't there some sort of deadlinw for rg3 contract in may. And if gruden fired than will bring in another HC maybe bevell to make mariota his russel wilson.

The deadline in May would be the 5th year option on Griffin. It would automatically extend Griffin's contract by one year at a price tag of $16M I believe. It would be guaranteed for injury only, until the beginning of the 2016 league year. At that point, it would become fully guaranteed.

It is possible they could execute the option with the idea that they are going to trade him (gives his new team a safety net that he won't leave right after the 2015 season ends).

Quote:
Im surprise you guys dont like mariota...the times he threw the ball impressed me and would be really good for us if groomed properly.

.if I had to choose a vet it'd be Vick...cheap..a vet..and wants to play for the skins. He did decent for the jets.

1. Other than being younger (okay, and much humbler), I'm not sure I see anything in Mariota that we didn't see in Griffin. If we truly think Griffin cannot be the QB, why draft his physical clone?

2. If we drafted Mariota, we would have spent a 2012 1st, 2012 2nd, 2013 1st, 2014 1st, and 2015 1st round pick on the quarterback position. If you cannot see that being a massive problem and the root cause of a ton of our roster woes, then I don't know what to tell you.
Dashing

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T ‏@TMM75 3m3 minutes ago
@Russellmania980 A few ex-colleagues up in Bristol have been telling me for weeks McShay & Clayton have implied Mariota to Skins in meetings

Wow...
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: If we absolutely must (yet again) ... the QB debate thre Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
If you want to prove you are right about Griffin/Cousins/McCoy/random Joe off the street, keep it in here.

Woz wrote:
The auto-lock on other threads may start come out to play.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: