Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dante Fowler IR torn ACL

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Legend_Kenny


Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 567
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Dante Fowler IR torn ACL Reply with quote

Just saw this that he got hurt during rookie camp when down holding his knee. This would be bad news for the Jags, just imagine if it would have happened here. Not saying that it would of but I would have to say that just the thought of that happening to a top draft pick someone you feel would be able to contribute right away would be a huge blow. Image if the happen the Scherff oh boy it would be back to the drawing board for us for sure.

Last edited by Legend_Kenny on Fri May 08, 2015 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RSkinGM


Joined: 06 Mar 2007
Posts: 4551
Location: Richmond, Va
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, kinda reminiscent of Clowney getting hurt in his first game and missing most of the season .. stinks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 69110
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucks for the Jags. As I said in The Other than Redskins Thread, the Jags may be the only franchise that's been more unlucky than us lately.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 6170
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And skins fans wanted an OLB with the #5 pick. Im so glad we didn't draft him.
_________________
Starwars 7 will be the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeebs


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 1579
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashing wrote:
And skins fans wanted an OLB with the #5 pick. Im so glad we didn't draft him.


No way to say he would have gotten injured here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redskins4life


Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 665
Location: Southern California
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skins dodged this one with a little luck from Jags drafting Fowler before #5!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Legend_Kenny


Joined: 06 Jan 2010
Posts: 567
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is done for the season torn ACL damn feel bad for him hopefully it doesn't derail his career
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dashing


Joined: 10 Jul 2011
Posts: 6170
PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
Dashing wrote:
And skins fans wanted an OLB with the #5 pick. Im so glad we didn't draft him.


No way to say he would have gotten injured here.

I agree with you on that but there where other pretty good OLBs imo . Schreff or leonard would of been the safer choices over fowler.
_________________
Starwars 7 will be the best.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 22616
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given their heavy investment in the offensive line, I suspect that if they had gone Fowler at 5, they probably would have gone offensive line in the 2nd round. Based on what was available, I suspect they would have either selected Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith (assuming that each lineman dropped one spot, Smith might be available).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zeebs


Joined: 16 Jan 2014
Posts: 1579
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Given their heavy investment in the offensive line, I suspect that if they had gone Fowler at 5, they probably would have gone offensive line in the 2nd round. Based on what was available, I suspect they would have either selected Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith (assuming that each lineman dropped one spot, Smith might be available).


Again, Fisher is a zone blocking RT. He is not a fit on this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Woz


Moderator
Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 22616
Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zeebs wrote:
Woz wrote:
Given their heavy investment in the offensive line, I suspect that if they had gone Fowler at 5, they probably would have gone offensive line in the 2nd round. Based on what was available, I suspect they would have either selected Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith (assuming that each lineman dropped one spot, Smith might be available).


Again, Fisher is a zone blocking RT. He is not a fit on this team.


Was just throwing out options. Other guys would have been Mitch Morse, Rob Haverstein, or Ty Sambrailo. Figured Fisher was a better talent than those guys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group