Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Preseason Week 3: Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Preseason Week 3: Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens Reply with quote

So, we get our dress rehearsal against the Ravens. Will be interesting to see how the offensive line does against Ngata.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see much of them against the Cowboys, but they seemed to be formidable on both sides of the ball

Will be a great test with Gruden leaving the starters in for a half
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- I want to see how our first team offense runs the ball against their defense.

- I'd like to see us rotate some of the other RBs into the game earlier on. There's no reason to give Morris more than 7-8 touches, and the Ravens defense will probably be in until the 3rd quarter. Lets see what some of these other guys can do.

- Another great game by Bacarri Rambo could take him from roster bubble to potential starter. I'll be interested to see how he performs.

- Trent Murphy has been around the ball a lot but hasn't made a big play yet, would like to see something from our top rookie. Also I'll be interested to see how he's subbed in for Kerrigan/Orakpo as they will be getting winded in this game.

- Gary Kubiak always has dominate running games, I'll be looking to see how our Dline stuffs the run in this game.

- The punting battle has been quiet, lets see if Malone pulls away with the job.

- Obviously want to see no injuries on both sides.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Preseason Week 3: Washington Redskins v Baltimore Ravens Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
So, we get our dress rehearsal against the Ravens. Will be interesting to see how the offensive line does against Ngata.
and RG3.... Wink Laughing jk, jk.

This game should be our biggest test. The Ravens are no joke, and they should challenge in one of the NFL's best divisions the AFC North.

With them playing their starters into the 3rd quarter it will be a great test for our starters. Also, they are always an extremely physical team, and Gruden I'd trying to toughen the Redskins up at all levels - something they weren't under the Shanahan's.

Rather than looking to see who's going to make the 53 man roster this week, it will be more important to evaluate our starters.

As Woz said, can our interior offensive line handle Haloti Ngata?

Can Polumbus block Dummerville?

Can we develop a consistent running game vs the Ravens stout front 7? Something we failed to do vs the Browns stout front 7.

Will Rg3 have time to throw and find Garçon & Jackson downfield, or will he have to dump it underneath to Reed, Roberts and the running backs more.

How will the defense do against the Ravens starting offense?

Can they contain Ray Rice & Bernard Pierce?

Can we get pressure on Flacco and force him into mistakes?

Can the DBs and Ilb's cover Torey Smith, Steve Smith, Jacoby Jones and Pitta?

A tall task for any defense, but our secondary is shaky. Cooley and Gauldy said the Browns had a lot of open receivers, their qbs were just erratic and their receivers dropped some catchable balls.

Lastly, can our special teams cover one of the best return units in the nfl? The Ravens return units were responsible for a few of their wins the past few years with great blocking and the great return skills of Jacoby Jones.

Last edited by turtle28 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I care about for this game is for nobody to get hurt!!!!. Every preseason we play the Ravens and every time they take out a key player for the year and cause some nagging injuries to a couple other players.

Props to Mike23md
S. Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
- Trent Murphy has been around the ball a lot but hasn't made a big play yet, would like to see something from our top rookie. Also I'll be interested to see how he's subbed in for Kerrigan/Orakpo as they will be getting winded in this game.

This is it.
He's been so close, but has yet to make that big forced fumble, INT, or sack.

It will come soon.

After he get that big play out of his system, I think it'll be a regular thing.
DCRED

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:

- Another great game by Bacarri Rambo could take him from roster bubble to potential starter. I'll be interested to see how he performs.

- Gary Kubiak always has dominate running games, I'll be looking to see how our Dline stuffs the run in this game.

- The punting battle has been quiet, lets see if Malone pulls away with the job.

Rambo is getting close. With Clark missing time he may even edge Ryan if he keeps tackling well. He has been flying to the ball!

Malone will pull away. They grabbed a street FA but Malone should hold onto it. The competition is only to encourage Malone to improve...

Kubiak will make the ravens dominant in the running game once again, and Flacco will flourish because of it.
Quote:
The Ravens had 151 rushing yards in a 37-30 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, and had 48 carries for 237 rushing yards in a 23-3 win over the San Francisco 49ers in their preseason opener.

Read more at http://gazette.com/kubiak-has-ravens-ground-game-is-up-and-running/article/feed/148884#zAirb02XVLaKw8XC.99
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want RGIII to light it up so I don't have to listen to anymore of the crap talked about him.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
I just want RGIII to light it up so I don't have to listen to anymore of the crap talked about him.
One preseason game won't change that.

Thanks to mike23md for the sig
lavar703

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

For the week after it will lol
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:

For the week after it will lol
I doubt it, until he has us winning games and back in the playoffs and actually winning playoff games we aren't going to hear the end of it about him. With Wilson winning a Superbowl and Kapernick being to two NFC Championship games and barely losing the 2012-13 Super Bowl, RG3's critics aren't going to stop until RG3 has us winning playoff games.

It doesn't matter that the 49ers and Seahawks rosters were better, haters don't want to hear it, they just want to hate and have their criticisms heard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ripsean21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just read on sportsoverdose.com that Morgan Moses is set to start our last 2 preseason games! This is going to be interesting to see how he completes against Baltimore! Very excited to see us go against a team who has a history of playing preseason games just like they would a regular season game. I expect a few struggles but I do think we are closer then we might think. Mainly I want to see our defense continue to play good sound football.

Thanks Mike23md for the sig!!!

Last edited by ripsean21 on Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Through out this preseason the o-line to me has been great imo, but they have been bending a lil bit and yes this will be a test going against the Ravens defensive line.

My input on this game is to see again how well and quickly will RG3 reacts in the pocket and fast. Also how efficient can the wideouts can run they're routes and get open quickly for RG3 to delivered them the ball in time.

Free Injury Game for both teams

HTTR!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:

Rambo is getting close. With Clark missing time he may even edge Ryan if he keeps tackling well. He has been flying to the ball!

Malone will pull away. They grabbed a street FA but Malone should hold onto it. The competition is only to encourage Malone to improve...

Kubiak will make the ravens dominant in the running game once again, and Flacco will flourish because of it.
Quote:
The Ravens had 151 rushing yards in a 37-30 win over the Dallas Cowboys on Saturday, and had 48 carries for 237 rushing yards in a 23-3 win over the San Francisco 49ers in their preseason opener.

Read more at http://gazette.com/kubiak-has-ravens-ground-game-is-up-and-running/article/feed/148884#zAirb02XVLaKw8XC.99
I love what Rambo has done, but he's not challenging Clark for playing time. Hopefully, Rambo's time is next year. If he keeps progressing like he had this offseason, that's possible.

As for the ravens rushing attack, it's the Cowboys. The Cowboys defense is horrible, and will probably be the worst in the NFL.

Also, how much of those yards were in the second half vs 2's, 3's and players who won't make 49ers and Cowboys?

That being said, the zone blocking/running scheme is a beast. We know this, and the Ravens are running that now with Kubiak. I think the zbs fits what Rice & Pierce do best.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ripsean21 wrote:
Just read on sportsoverdose.com that Morgan Moses is set to start our last 2 preseason games! This is going to be interesting to see how he completes against Baltimore! Very excited to see us go against a team who has a history of playing preseason games just like they would a regular season game. I expect a few struggles but I do think we are closer then we might think. Mainly I want to see our defense continue to play good sound football.
Really? Awesome Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17

Jump to: