Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What Does Cousins Have to Do to Become the Franchise QB?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: What Does Cousins Have to Do to Become the Franchise QB? Reply with quote

What does Cousins have to do this season to win you over and become "the guy" here in Washington. Does he need to throw a bunch of yardage? TDs? Limit turnovers? Do you want to see him win a certain amount of games? Is there some other intangible asset you're looking for? Just curious what people think.

2015 Baldies Award Winner - Thanks Eagles Forum!

Adopt-a-Redskin: Bashaud Breeland
mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: What Does Cousins Have to Do to Become the Franchise QB? Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
What does Cousins have to do this season to win you over and become "the guy" here in Washington. Does he need to throw a bunch of yardage? TDs? Limit turnovers? Do you want to see him win a certain amount of games? Is there some other intangible asset you're looking for? Just curious what people think.

1. Don't do what number 10 did.

2016 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably more of an eye test than anything numbers related in terms of being a franchise QB. To hold onto the job going into next year I would say simply limit turnovers and show a grasp of the offense. Being able to use Cousins as a stop gap for a year or two while we build up the rest of the team would be ideal.

chauboy wrote:
Then there was 1 group of girls that were just standing against of wall, the group being hot, just texting. Just intimidating.
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep reading he's average . Aren't about 2 / 3 rds of the starters average or below. Maybe 10-12 very good to elite. Average is a step up for us.
I want him to lead us to a coupla last drive TDs to win games and an 8 -8 record. Of course, also hoping for even more !
Double the ratio TD's to intercepts. Start all 16 games !
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Probably more of an eye test than anything numbers related in terms of being a franchise QB. To hold onto the job going into next year I would say simply limit turnovers and show a grasp of the offense. Being able to use Cousins as a stop gap for a year or two while we build up the rest of the team would be ideal.
I agree. I would like to use the Arizona Cardinals approach to building a team. Draft BPA and build up a great supporting cast then see if we can land a QB later on.

mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
I keep reading he's average . Aren't about 2 / 3 rds of the starters average or below. Maybe 10-12 very good to elite. Average is a step up for us.
I want him to lead us to a coupla last drive TDs to win games and an 8 -8 record. Of course, also hoping for even more !

He has only started 9 regular season games for us. I want to see an entire season and how much he has learned from that season (2015).

He needs to be given the chance to show his resilience and play like a starting QB. He feels like he is and wanted the chance. The team has the weapons and upgraded the offensive line. One of the best backs in the league and Matt Jones is looking very promising as well.

He has a lot of good pieces in place. Just have to go out and play.

2016 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

He has only started 9 regular season games for us. I want to see an entire season and how much he has learned from that season (2015).

He needs to be given the chance to show his resilience and play like a starting QB. He feels like he is and wanted the chance. The team has the weapons and upgraded the offensive line. One of the best backs in the league and Matt Jones is looking very promising as well.

Well said. My only addition is really commit to him for 16 games. None of this musical quarterbacks amateur hour stuff Gruden pulled last year.
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Well said. My only addition is really commit to him for 16 games. None of this musical quarterbacks amateur hour stuff Gruden pulled last year.
I hope they do too. Unfortunately I'm worried Gruden is going to be itching to put his boy McCoy in.

mike23md

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

I hope they do too. Unfortunately I'm worried Gruden is going to be itching to put his boy McCoy in.

Why. He has had every opportunity to put Colt in as the starter over Griffin and Cousins.

I believe that last year, the benching of Cousins was to get him mentally ready for this season. Gruden knew, like most of us, that RGIII would either get injured or just not get it.

So he saved the better QB for the season. Not to mention that Kirk also worked with John Gruden in the off season.

2016 NFL MOCK DRAFT
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Why. He has had every opportunity to put Colt in as the starter over Griffin and Cousins.

I believe that last year, the benching of Cousins was to get him mentally ready for this season. Gruden knew, like most of us, that RGIII would either get injured or just not get it.

So he saved the better QB for the season. Not to mention that Kirk also worked with John Gruden in the off season.
Because everything always goes wrong for us.

RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

This decision says to me --MAYBE we've turned a corner . I couldn't imagine this just a few days ago .! The anointed one , UNanointed!
MKnight82

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
mike23md wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
mike23md wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

This decision says to me --MAYBE we've turned a corner . I couldn't imagine this just a few days ago .! The anointed one , UNanointed!
I'm hoping this decision means McCloughan is in charge.

DCRED

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
I agree. I would like to use the Arizona Cardinals approach to building a team. Draft BPA and build up a great supporting cast then see if we can land a QB later on.

Sounds awesome. I love alot of what they did

And yes if Cousins could just keep things going for a couple seasons- would be ideal scenario. Let's hope he stays grounded and limits mistakes and we are able to run alot
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:

Sounds awesome. I love alot of what they did

And yes if Cousins could just keep things going for a couple seasons- would be ideal scenario. Let's hope he stays grounded and limits mistakes and we are able to run alot

I think best case scenario; Cousins can be Matt Schaub when The Texans were at their peak. He can't put a team on his back and will them to the playoffs but put a solid running game behind him and a stud defense and a team can win with him at helm. Occasionally he can shred opposing Ds with his passing but not to often.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need Cousins to manage games. He doesn't need to worry about being Tom Brady. We need him to run the offense, limit turnovers, and move the chains. Let the play makers make plays. This team is built around running the ball and defense!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: