Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Why not give a shot to ERIC WINSTON

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Why not give a shot to ERIC WINSTON Reply with quote

At right tackle. I think he is at the very least very good competition. I just don't feel comfortable with what we have right now.
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Why not give a shot to ERIC WINSTON Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
At right tackle. I think he is at the very least very good competition. I just don't feel comfortable with what we have right now.

Good question. My sense is that the GM and coaches know we are rebuilding and it will take three years before we are legitimate contenders so they are going young. Only exception is defense where haslett whined he needed hatcher and porter to save his job. I wouldn't have signed either of them and gone young on defense too with a draft pick on d line minnefield or Crawford
Sassan11

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is a zone blocking lineman on the decline and wants to get paid more than he is worth so might as well roll with what we have.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan answered it perfectly, frankly at this point he isn't an upgrade over Polumbus and he demands more $.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah he fell completely off after a couple good years in Houston.
I'm so glad we didn't grab him back when we looked at him before. It would have been a huge mistake because he wanted top money.

For once our FO has done it right drafting 2 0linemen and i hope we continue the trend on offense and defense
TheGreeK1973

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not saying we throw money at the dude, this is why I posted this now and not back in May. Just like you guys I wouldn't want to pay him what he wants/wanted but I think since it looks like no team is approaching him, he may want to do a minimum deal for a couple of years and bring him in as competition. From all accounts Moses is not nearly ready yet thus we can forget him for a year, we need to have at the very least a backup there.

Yes there was a drop-off in Texas but that entire team had a drop-off. I leave it to the coaches they know what we have at that position but we have said this over and over again its imperative that RGIII has protection.
Dashing

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We good in redskins hood.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreeK1973 wrote:
Not saying we throw money at the dude, this is why I posted this now and not back in May. Just like you guys I wouldn't want to pay him what he wants/wanted but I think since it looks like no team is approaching him, he may want to do a minimum deal for a couple of years and bring him in as competition. From all accounts Moses is not nearly ready yet thus we can forget him for a year, we need to have at the very least a backup there.

Yes there was a drop-off in Texas but that entire team had a drop-off. I leave it to the coaches they know what we have at that position but we have said this over and over again its imperative that RGIII has protection.
In the past Eric was in a place where he wouldn't take cheaper deals. I can't imagine that's changed, he still thinks he's a top RT and he's not anymore. The chiefs gave up on him rather quickly and he didn't play all that great for Arizona.

It's a wash or between he and Polumbus and Polumbus is cheap, plays as hard as he can every play and has the versatility to play guard also.

We are developing two young tackles behind our starters, I just don't see any need for Winston who thinks he's better than he is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
DCRED

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see a young guy weve been working on come in and learn and show us what he has than an old guy stink up the joint

Lets give compton or moses

a shot or even hurt but if we have no one that can play at a starter level then we need to keep drafting until we do
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lots-big-names-still-nfls-194919174--nfl.html

Quote:
ERIC WINSTON: The 30-year-old right tackle has started 119 consecutive games, spanning his first six NFL seasons with the Texans, a season in Kansas City and last year in Arizona. He wasn't re-signed by the Cardinals, and some wonder if the lack of interest is due in part to Winston becoming president of the NFL Players Association.

---

DCRED

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:
ERIC WINSTON: The 30-year-old right tackle has started 119 consecutive games, spanning his first six NFL seasons with the Texans, a season in Kansas City and last year in Arizona. He wasn't re-signed by the Cardinals, and some wonder if the lack of interest is due in part to Winston becoming president of the NFL Players Association.

---

some will always wonder.
His failing play and the fact that AZ has 3 other options including recently drafted Bobbie Massey are more of a factor I would think. That and they can always bring him back- he is still at their table.

The left side is completely wrapped up with Veldheer (you see those pics of him Hulking?)
Sassan11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

---

I don't understand that. Why would teams not want him just because he is the president of the NFLPA? Doesn't every team have a representative. If any player has a problem i'm sure they can just go to someone in the NFLPA office. Can someone please explain that too me because I don't understand it.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sassan11 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Quote:

---

I don't understand that. Why would teams not want him just because he is the president of the NFLPA? Doesn't every team have a representative. If any player has a problem i'm sure they can just go to someone in the NFLPA office. Can someone please explain that too me because I don't understand it.
You're right. I didn't get it either, IMO they're throwing darts on the wall with that comment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: