You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

EF5-36-81's Post DeMeco Draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: EF5-36-81's Post DeMeco Draft Reply with quote

Tried to make this realistic and somewhat Reidian
Arrow Re-Signing
LeSean McCoy Signs a 5 Year, $43.5 Million Extension (Same deal as Arian Foster), kicks in during the 2013 season
McCoy gets extended to a fair deal, lets move on its obvious that he's next in line.

King Dunlap Signs a 1 Year Contract worth swing tackle money
A slow developing market leads him to take a deal that will keep him as a backup for another season while showing he can start.

arrow: Free Agency
WR Plaxico Burress Signs a 1 Year $1.5 Million Contract
-Comes in to add a redzone option in the passing game and as a friend of Michael Vick Plax had 8 redzone touchdowns in 2011 with Mark Suckchez. He'll have a better run game and QB to get him the football and help get him open in the redzone.

LB LeRoy Hill Signs a 1 Year $2 Million Contract
-Hill has played the SAM and the WILL before, and is pretty much what Castillo has said he wants in his SAM as a guy who can cover as well as a guy who can set the edge. He was among the best SAMs in the league before kicking over to the weakside, but has had some legal issues causing him to take a "prove it" deal.

Arrow Pre-Draft Trade
Eagles trade CB Asante Samuel for a 2013 conditional pick between a 2nd and a 4th, (2nd is if Samuel is a pro bowler and leads the NFL in interceptions, a 3rd if either one is achieved, a 4th otherwise) to the Houston Texans
-The Texans trying to find one more piece to add to their team decide the price on Samuel is worth it and focus on filling their needs in this class to go all out for next season and having a strong defense that should only improve. Eagles get fair value for a guy getting paid that they really can't keep.

Arrow Draft Day Selections
1 : 15
2 : 14
2 : 19
3 : 26
4 : 19
5 : 18
6 : 2
6 : 31

Arrow Draft Day
1 : 15 : DT : Devon Still : Penn State
It seems like an Andy Reid pick as a "jack of all trades master of none" type DT as well as a Washburn type pick as a taller, longer defensive tackle. Still is a decent pass rusher but what he brings most is an ability to anchor and hold his own against the run, which is something this defense vitally needs. Our run defense was abysmal last year and bringing in DeMeco Ryans certainly helps that but it will improve with the addition of Still in front of Ryans who can anchor and shed. He isn't the risk that Poe or Brockers are, and is better against the run than Cox is. It may not be a flashy pick, but its a Reid style pick, and one that helps us out in the running game. This is a definition of a win-now pick.

2 : 14 : LB : Lavonte David : Nebraska
It seems to me a lot of people are quick to throw David in as strictly a weakside linebacker, but despite his size of about 6-1 and 233 pounds he is pretty much the same size as LeRoy Hill who was one of the better SAM backers in the NFL in Seattle, and he is much more physical than his frame would indicate. David has the wingspan of a 6-4 guy and has 4.59 speed and some of the best coverage skills in the draft in addition to the ability to take on blocks and shed them. He reads plays well and is a solid tackler, which helps us out tremendously, he comes in to immediately challenge LeRoy Hill who is only here on a 1 year contract. He's exactly what Castillo wants in his SAM.

2 : 19 : RB : Lamar Miller : Miami
"Why? WTF We re-signed Shady this makes no sense pick" right? Wrong, Miller is brought in as a guy who can be our CJ Spiller and return kicks, split out wide, and spell McCoy. With 4.2 speed and the perfect skillet for the zone blocking scheme we run Miller is a guy who can make a big impact on offense as a backup and playmaker to move around and as a kickoff return man. I almost went defense, but its unrealistic that this team goes defense 3 straight picks, and we do need a legitimate #2 running back, even if he isn't a perfect compliment to Shady, he's a Reid type pick. Keep in mind a few years ago before he was franchised by the Chargers at the last minuet, Darren Sproles was reportedly scheduled to visit Philadelphia first, and the Eagles love those kind of "mismatch" players.

3 : 26 : TE : Ladarius Green : Louisiana-Lafayette
Green comes in as another redzone option in the passing game with Plaxico Burress, giving us towering options there. He's an athletic mismatch who can also split outside and give you an Aaron Hernandez/Jermichael Finley field stretching type tight end and cause mismatches on the offensive side of the football. He probably is the #2 TE only in redzone options because Clay Harbor is a better blocker, but Green is the more dynamic receiving option, and he has room to add weight and maintain his current athletic ability. He has immense upside and as a 3rd round pick, he that is a risk worth taking.

4 : 19 : DT : Derek Wolfe : Cincinnati
Wolfe is a perfect fit as a pass rushing under-tackle in the wide-9 because of his athletic ability and his skills to get upfield and push the pocket. He's a very similar prospect to Jared Crick as a pass rusher with height and length, and is a guy who is a Jim Washburn type defensive tackle with length and a quick first step.

5 : 18 : LB : Emmanuel Acho : Texas
Acho comes in as a potential backup to DeMeco Ryans, and is a similar type of player who won't wow you with his athletic ability, but will with his high IQ and playmaking ability. He comes in as a backup with starter upside, and always ends up in the right place for the Longhorns, as a backup for Ryans.

6 : 2 : OT : Donald Stephenson : Oklahoma
Stephenson is a Mudd lineman, and Howard loves athletic late round guys who can move and Stephenson is certainly that. He comes in as a swing tackle who could eventually develop into a long-term fixture along the offensive line.

6 : 31 : G/C : Adam Gettis : Iowa
Gettis is another Mudd guy who can move and become a guy to replace Mathis long term Gettis is incredibly athletic and can block, he comes in and matches up with one of the best line coaches in the NFL and can potentially become a starter.

Arrow Depth Chart
QB: Michael Vick / Trent Edwards / Mike Kafka
RB : LeSean McCoy / Lamar Miller / Dion Lewis
FB : Stanley Havili
TE : Brent Celek / Clay Harbor / Ladarius Green
WR : DeSean Jackson / Jeremy Maclin / Jason Avant / Plaxico Burress / Riley Cooper
OT : Jason Peters / Todd Herremans / King Dunlap / Donald Stephenson
OG : Evan Mathis / Danny Watkins / Julian Vandervelde / Mike Gibson
C : Jason Kelce / Adam Gettis
Total : 24
DE : Jason Babin / Trent Cole / Brandon Graham / Phillip Hunt / Darryl Tapp
DT : Cullen Jenkins / Devon Still / Mike Patterson / Antonio Dixon / Derek Wolfe
LB : LeRoy Hill / DeMeco Ryans / Jamar Chaney / Lavonte David / Emmanuel Acho / Brian Rolle
CB : Nnamdi Asomugha / Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie / Joselio Hanson / Brandon Hughes / Curtis Marsh
FS : Nate Allen / Kurt Coleman / Janzen Jackson(UDFA)
SS : Jaiquawn Jarret / Colt Anderson
Total : 26
K : Alex Henery
P : Chas Henry
LS : Jon Dorenbos

LB battles occur on the strongside between Lavonte David and LeRoy Hill and the weakside between Jamar Chaney and Brian Rolle.

Last edited by EaglesFan5-36-81 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know why.....
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blahman88 wrote:

You know why.....

U Hatin

#SuckItGil
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the positions where they are drafted, but not all of the players.

But overall I could live with it.

Kiltman on the sig
JayAp07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like from Green and onward.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JayAp07 wrote:
I like from Green and onward.

I tried to make it as Reid-like as possible
birdman0069

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not very AR'ish at all. No back up in case Shady goes down. Andy pretty much always has some kind of back RB that can carry the load.
AR doesn't carry 3 TE's.
He doesn't bring players in just to be "red zone targets".
It's not in Andy's nature to take so little for a player in trade in terms of the Samual deal. He'll keep him before he would make that deal.
LeRoy Hill bDoesn't have enough size to play SAM in the NFC East. They would be off the leaving Chaney over there.
I think you overvalue Still. The highest I have seen him rated was the 4th highest DT on the board. Also Picking Still isn't a "win now" pick. He's not going to start over Patterson. He wouldn't get any more snaps then Landi got last year. Still would be a "Future pick" to replace Patterson in a couple of years.
More undersized LB'ers, I can see him doing that.
Derek Wolfe and Cedric Thorton? Sorry, not happening. We are already Dixon 1.9 million.
Do you really think Andy brings in 2 LB'ers via FA/Trade and drafts 2 more? I don't se it.
Andy will add a DE this season. Graham is to up in the air and he needs to start grooming younger guys.
We draft a CB pretty much every year and I don't see this year being any different since we have to players that are going into the last year of their contracts. That's the way AR drafts.
Sorry to sound so harsh, but it doesn't sound like anything AR would do.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig

Birdman, slowest to 10K
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
This is not very AR'ish at all. No back up in case Shady goes down. Andy pretty much always has some kind of back RB that can carry the load.
Like Dion Lewis? And Miller can carry the load.
AR doesn't carry 3 TE's.
False 1999, 2000, 01, 02, 05, 07, 07, 08 all seasons under AR we carried 3 TEs
He doesn't bring players in just to be "red zone targets".
He better if he wants this team to improve its p!ss poor play there last season
It's not in Andy's nature to take so little for a player in trade in terms of the Samual deal. He'll keep him before he would make that deal.
Lito Sheppard deal, also they won't keep Samuel
LeRoy Hill bDoesn't have enough size to play SAM in the NFC East. They would be off the leaving Chaney over there.
He played there in the NFC West at the time that had Stephen Jackson, Frank Gore, and Edgerin James and he has had to cover guys like Vernon Davis in the same division and has had to deal with a ton of blocking tight ends, he'd be fine, stating otherwise would be ignorant.
I think you overvalue Still. The highest I have seen him rated was the 4th highest DT on the board. Also Picking Still isn't a "win now" pick. He's not going to start over Patterson. He wouldn't get any more snaps then Landi got last year. Still would be a "Future pick" to replace Patterson in a couple of years.
Patterson isn't that good and he can easily be unseated, also I don't have Landri being re-signed and he hasn't reported to have been approached yet. Still I'm not a fan of but I've read plenty of times the Eagles love him, whether you don't think he is the best DT on the board is kind of irrelevant how many times have we not taken the best player on the board at a position because we like someone else.
More undersized LB'ers, I can see him doing that.
Derek Wolfe and Cedric Thorton? Sorry, not happening. We are already Dixon 1.9 million.
Forgot about Dixon, replace Thorton with him, AR won't cut a 4th, never has
Do you really think Andy brings in 2 LB'ers via FA/Trade and drafts 2 more? I don't se it.
Once again, Hill is cheap, and we have the cap room.
Andy will add a DE this season. Graham is to up in the air and he needs to start grooming younger guys.
They love Hunt, also they aren't going to give up on Graham and Reid has always been a Tapp fan.
We draft a CB pretty much every year and I don't see this year being any different since we have to players that are going into the last year of their contracts. That's the way AR drafts.
Not unprecidented, in 07 we didn't draft a CB unless you count Gaddis who was brought in as a safety.
They draft a CB every year, but when its one of your stronger positions
Sorry to sound so harsh, but it doesn't sound like anything AR would do.

Disagree, as you can see from my responses.
babyatemydingo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am OK with the players in the 5th round on.
Before that I don't care for the selections.

As for CB, the Eagles must take a slot-capable corner in this draft.
There is always a bevy of them.
Minnifield, Hosley, Brown...take your pick.

Wolfe is too lanky for Reid. He like "under the pads," squatty guys.
I like Still, but not as an Eagle.
David is OK.
Miller, meh.

Also, the Texans just cleared salary cap space in anticipation of next year's wave of necessary signings.
There is no way they pile another $9M on top of the cap.

The whole "red zone receiver" thing is akin to the "big back" theory.
The Eagles don't care about either of those and neither should you.
Focusing on those things can only make you wrong.
Reid has been here 13 years. It shouldn't be too difficult to anticipate his style.
Eagles27

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Texans traded Ryans largely because of his cap figure. So how exactly does it make sense for them to take on Asante's contract?

I'll throw up if we take Still @ 15.

#JDI
phillyphanatic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles27 wrote:
The Texans traded Ryans largely because of his cap figure. So how exactly does it make sense for them to take on Asante's contract?

You'll throw up if we take the most productive defensive tackle in all of college football last season (in terms of production and competition), the most pro ready, and easily the most explosive defensive tackle in this class on tape? Classic.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

phillyphanatic wrote:
Eagles27 wrote:

You'll throw up if we take the most productive defensive tackle in all of college football last season (in terms of production and competition), the most pro ready, and easily the most explosive defensive tackle in this class on tape? Classic.

Yeah, if the Eagles take the DT prospect with the least upside amongst the top 5 players at the position I'll throw up. All that college production Brandon Graham had over Jason Pierre-Paul has really proved to be beneficial.

Drafting Still in the top 15 would be awful. If we trade out of the top 25 it would be palatable; but at our current spot there should be at least 5-7 players better than him.

#JDI
UKEaglesFan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Chad = Fail

#Pathetic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: