Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T V.3 - Training Camp Begins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
First we overpay big Red for 7 M per year- glad we signed him but we converted this guy from a potential cut DT to a star DE...No idea how he's getting 2 M more per season than Mebane..

Now we miss on Hutch **** so pissed..

and I hear we are only looking at signing Flynn for a similar contract to compete with Tjax? WTF.

Losing trust in front office by the day...so pissed we didn't sign Hutch.

If we land Flynn and Jones, I'm gonna be ecstatic!
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outside_Insider wrote:
Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
First we overpay big Red for 7 M per year- glad we signed him but we converted this guy from a potential cut DT to a star DE...No idea how he's getting 2 M more per season than Mebane..

and I hear we are only looking at signing Flynn for a similar contract to compete with Tjax? WTF.

Wow really? Big Red is the heart of this D. If we don't resign him, we would be forced to change the D. 7M isn't too bad for what he brings to this defense. The fact that other teams were willing to offer that kind of money tells you enough.

Hutch? He would probably be a backup. At least he can walk in and be a starter in Tennessee.

And what is your plan with Matt Flynn? Pay him 8-10M a year? The market is telling him that he isn't going to get that kind of $$$. The DEMAND isn't even there for him either.

I'm glad you aren't our GM Cool

Yes I would pay Flynn 8-10 no question. Cut Tjax and whitehurst and you save 8 Million alone?! Draft a capable backup in the 3rd or 4th and you're only up 2 M at most (maybe break even). I HATE that PC and JS want Tjax to stay and compete. The only thing wrong with this stupid compete compete compete mantra at QB is that you pay two backups who suck 4 M each and hope one emerges, The QB position doesn't work that way.

I also would have franchised Lynch. Make him work for his money again. I know Bryant is the anchor of our defence, but does that mean you would pay Red 10 M? Red would have been worthless were it nor for PC and JS moving him. From that perspective I thought they had enough leverage to sign him before UFA for a 5-6 M deal.

I can't understand people who aren't willing to give FLynn 8 million per year and want to keep Tjax as a competitor at 4 million. Makes me irate. TJax had a MUCH MUCH better team then the Hawks the year before Favre was there and they couldn't even win a playoff game. He's awful and if Pete thinks paying him 4 M this year is a good idea then I think pete is a moron.

Other than you thinking Red got overpayed (I disagree), we are completely in sync. We must get Flynn and I'd definitely let T-Jack go. He is complete garbage. I want him gone, so bad! We'd be much better off signing Flynn as a starter and drafting backup (B.J. Coleman).
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sidney Rice Pwnz wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
The people who wanted Hutch need to realize this isn't the 05 Hutch he is 34 now and only has 1 year left he wouldn't of started for us.

Also Bryant was not overpaid he was expected to get 8-8.5M on the open market he is getting 7M a year thats a fair deal.

Where do you keep getting this 8-8.5 million a year figure? Link?

Clayton said thats about what he would command on the open market and others have said it on TV.

outside_Insider wrote:
Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Wow really? Big Red is the heart of this D. If we don't resign him, we would be forced to change the D. 7M isn't too bad for what he brings to this defense. The fact that other teams were willing to offer that kind of money tells you enough.

Hutch? He would probably be a backup. At least he can walk in and be a starter in Tennessee.

And what is your plan with Matt Flynn? Pay him 8-10M a year? The market is telling him that he isn't going to get that kind of $$$. The DEMAND isn't even there for him either.

Yes I would pay Flynn 8-10 no question. Cut Tjax and whitehurst and you save 8 Million alone?! Draft a capable backup in the 3rd or 4th and you're only up 2 M at most (maybe break even). I HATE that PC and JS want Tjax to stay and compete. The only thing wrong with this stupid compete compete compete mantra at QB is that you pay two backups who suck 4 M each and hope one emerges, The QB position doesn't work that way.

I also would have franchised Lynch. Make him work for his money again. I know Bryant is the anchor of our defence, but does that mean you would pay Red 10 M? Red would have been worthless were it nor for PC and JS moving him. From that perspective I thought they had enough leverage to sign him before UFA for a 5-6 M deal.

I can't understand people who aren't willing to give FLynn 8 million per year and want to keep Tjax as a competitor at 4 million. Makes me irate. TJax had a MUCH MUCH better team then the Hawks the year before Favre was there and they couldn't even win a playoff game. He's awful and if Pete thinks paying him 4 M this year is a good idea then I think pete is a moron.

I don't mind giving Flynn 8M a year but it can't be a Kevin Kolb like contract i don't want to be handcuffed to the guy with little starting time.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Sidney Rice Pwnz wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:
The people who wanted Hutch need to realize this isn't the 05 Hutch he is 34 now and only has 1 year left he wouldn't of started for us.

Also Bryant was not overpaid he was expected to get 8-8.5M on the open market he is getting 7M a year thats a fair deal.

Clayton said thats about what he would command on the open market and others have said it on TV.

Agreed. There were alot of teams on the open market with porous run defenses, that were salivating at the chance of getting Red. Say what you want, but as good as Mebane is against the run at DT, Bryant is better at stuffing the run as a DE. They play completely different positions and like it or not, DE's command more money.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Sidney Rice Pwnz wrote:
Sacks98 wrote:

outside_Insider wrote:
Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

I don't mind giving Flynn 8M a year but it can't be a Kevin Kolb like contract i don't want to be handcuffed to the guy with little starting time.

The Cardinals aren't hancuffed to Kolb though. If they were handcuffed to him, do you think they would be making a serious pitch to Peyton Manning? Kolb's contract was structured so they they could get rid of him now, with little repercussions.
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOsprey wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:
Tooki wrote:
outside_Insider wrote:

Other than you thinking Red got overpayed (I disagree), we are completely in sync. We must get Flynn and I'd definitely let T-Jack go. He is complete garbage. I want him gone, so bad! We'd be much better off signing Flynn as a starter and drafting backup (B.J. Coleman).

You're probably right- I shouldn't have grouped the Bryant signing into that rant. It's probably a prime example of having my expectations set higher by initial reports that he would get Mebane type money. He is a MUST for our team.

"We all we got, we all we need"
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn has scheduled a meeting with Miami after his visit with us... Mad
imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm just gonna save my self the trouble and assume we don't get anybody

great job john, watch him go to miami too. I'm not watching another season of t-jack

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, if we don't get Flynn or Tannehill.....I just don't know.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Matt Flynn has scheduled a meeting with Miami after his visit with us... Mad

That doesn't necessarily mean, he'll make that meeting. Very Happy
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, if we don't get Flynn or Tannehill.....I just don't know.

I'm not optimistic about Tannenhill being there at all, by this point. That is why I'm pinning all my hopes on Flynn. Anything other than these two players, would be a complete failure. Crying or Very sad
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Clayton reported that Steve Hutchinson was in Seattle until midnight last night. Apparently he really wanted to rejoin the Seahawks as he felt he could pay us back for leaving. Apparently told his agent that this was the first place he wanted to visit.

However, Peyton Manning called him last night. Told him that he wants him to sign with Tennessee to win a championship. We were offering him a 1 year contract that wasn't guaranteed to be a starter whereas Tennessee was giving him a 3 year deal and was guaranteeing a starting spot. Couldn't turn that down and I understand.
imani

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very happy peyton will be a titan, thats one of the best cases for seattle. We dont play them for a while.....and it might just make locker expendable Twisted Evil

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
very happy peyton will be a titan, thats one of the best cases for seattle. We dont play them for a while.....and it might just make locker expendable Twisted Evil

While that would be awesome, I doubt it. The real question is, What will they do with Haselbeck?
outside_Insider

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not liking the sounds of this gents...might be cheering for them to lose for another season with TJax at the helm.

"We all we got, we all we need"

Last edited by outside_Insider on Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 4 of 100

Jump to: