Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Manning Version 2.0 - Heading to Denver. Locker Era Begins
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titans0021

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Manning Version 2.0 - Heading to Denver. Locker Era Begins Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7686289/2012-nfl-free-agency-peyton-manning-meets-tennessee-titans-nearly-seven-hours

The saga continues. Forever. It will probably never end. I have spent more time on twitter over the last 36 hours than I have in the last year. Hopefully tomorrow will be the final day of this ridiculousness but probably not. I expect us to hear something official in June....maybe July...possibly November.

However, this has done a pretty good job of reinvigorating Titania. And for that...I am thankful. Kind of. Let's see if we can get to version three by the time the announcement comes.

Last edited by titans0021 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:16 am; edited 3 times in total
TNTexan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/17800217/manning-sweepstakes-nearing-endwe-think

Quote:

This is where we are with Peyton Manning: no one knows what he's going to do because (for the moment) Manning doesn't know.

A person close to Manning described the situation this way. "He's going to make a careful decision," the person said, "but anyone who says they know what he's doing is wrong. No one knows."

No one knows...yet. But the person said Manning wants to make a decision by Sunday and possibly sooner.

This much is also clear. All of the teams Manning has talked to -- Arizona, Denver, Miami and the Titans -- are in play, the person said. Yes, without question, the Dolphins are in the mix. There is no clear leader, the source explained, though I don't believe that. My guess (just a guess) is that Denver is in the lead and the order goes something like Broncos, Titans, Cardinals and Dolphins.

Some of the contenders are so focused on Manning they are holding off on making key free agent moves and even moderate ones until Manning makes a decision.

This was also interesting. The source explained that things are getting so nasty between the competitors that when Manning is either in transit or already at another team's facility some ofthe teams he previously visited will call him to further push why they are the place he should go. In other words, the pursuit of Manning doesn't stop when he leaves a facility. It continues relentlessly.

Manning spent a total of about eight hours with Titans brass. He left the facility at 10 eastern for his flight home.

Next, comes the decision.

Hmmm...
Coolconman1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so excited for Peyton to be in two tone blue. I'm buying a jersey as soon as I can

When its all said and done, I believe the Peyton saga will be responsible for more lost hours at work than march madness.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
BurheadTitans

Bud said the Governor even talked to PM to get him home...
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Blazed-

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TNTexan wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/mike-freeman/17800217/manning-sweepstakes-nearing-endwe-think

Quote:

This is where we are with Peyton Manning: no one knows what he's going to do because (for the moment) Manning doesn't know.

A person close to Manning described the situation this way. "He's going to make a careful decision," the person said, "but anyone who says they know what he's doing is wrong. No one knows."

No one knows...yet. But the person said Manning wants to make a decision by Sunday and possibly sooner.

This much is also clear. All of the teams Manning has talked to -- Arizona, Denver, Miami and the Titans -- are in play, the person said. Yes, without question, the Dolphins are in the mix. There is no clear leader, the source explained, though I don't believe that. My guess (just a guess) is that Denver is in the lead and the order goes something like Broncos, Titans, Cardinals and Dolphins.

Some of the contenders are so focused on Manning they are holding off on making key free agent moves and even moderate ones until Manning makes a decision.

This was also interesting. The source explained that things are getting so nasty between the competitors that when Manning is either in transit or already at another team's facility some ofthe teams he previously visited will call him to further push why they are the place he should go. In other words, the pursuit of Manning doesn't stop when he leaves a facility. It continues relentlessly.

Manning spent a total of about eight hours with Titans brass. He left the facility at 10 eastern for his flight home.

Next, comes the decision.

Hmmm...

BurheadTitans

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see him dragging it out to Sunday. I think we'll know by at least Friday.
Baseball: Cincinnati Reds

Tennessee Titans (FFMD 2014) Offensive Coordinator
Ockham

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see that article say that Manning is agreeable to workout for "serious finalists." Was afraid that it was sight unseen.

stallyns wrote:
Cortland Finnegan signs with the Rams, the division just got classier.
deeluxx3

Hot Shot Crew
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im still hoping that he signs elsewhere. Yes, it would be GREAT to see Manning in two-tone and who knows how far he could take us as our QB...

but it would hurt us in the long-term. That fat contract that he is very likely to take, the unknown reaction of Jake Locker, and the cap issues that will certainly come once he leaves us.

If we dont win it all should be be our QB, this will be a major disaster. And I personally don't feel that we will win one within the next 2 years, even if he is our QB.

RIP Crakburn & BoYz2tHeBoWl
RIP Steve "Air" McNair...the greatest Titan of all-time
s_camp

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deeluxx3 wrote:
Im still hoping that he signs elsewhere. Yes, it would be GREAT to see Manning in two-tone and who knows how far he could take us as our QB...

but it would hurt us in the long-term. That fat contract that he is very likely to take, the unknown reaction of Jake Locker, and the cap issues that will certainly come once he leaves us.

If we dont win it all should be be our QB, this will be a major disaster. And I personally don't feel that we will win one within the next 2 years, even if he is our QB.

It's not about Jake's reaction, IMO. There's plenty of time for him to sort out his feelings on the whole thing. He's a pro and quite frankly, he's under contract. If he dogs it, his career is over and he knows it. More important is just the lost opportunity to rack up the experience. If Manning comes here, it's almost Superbowl or bust, to me.

I have to admit that the thought of a playoff win, much less a SB appearance or victory, is so sweet that I think I could go along with almost any plan to see it happen.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we'll see what happens. if he is really gonna meet with us tomorrow thats a good sign but the longer we wait the more likely he might choose some where else. We'll see what happens hopefully this ends quickly

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that some of you are 100% certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that Jocker will take his ball and go home the second Manning signs with us.
Titans fan 617

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
I love that some of you are 100% certain, without a shadow of a doubt, that Jocker will take his ball and go home the second Manning signs with us.

I have no idea why people think that

Sig by daboyle250

TITANIA FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Ropati Pitoitua: 12 Tackles 11 Assist 2 Sack
OwNaGe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:

I don't think Locker will be upset. I think he would love the chance to learn from one of the greatest QB's to ever play. If I was in his shoes, thats how I'd feel.

My Teams:
Football: Titans
College BBall: Kentucky
College FBall: Alabama
Baseball: Braves
UTMoc10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking maybe they would leave Bud's plane in Raleigh for the night and bring Peyton back sometime tomorrow. Alas the plane is about to head back to Nashville.
Damian Stafford

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87  Next
Page 1 of 87

Jump to: