Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TAPT 53.0 THE Jarrett Bush Has Returned Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
So baseball games are about 3 hours, 162 times a year, am I really supposed to think that its ok for them to drink on the job? The 203 days off should be enouogh for them IMO.

I just don't think you understand the differences between baseball and other sports. Chewing tobacco and eating sunflower seeds etc etc are all also acceptable.

Plus, who's to say that drinking a rally beer has a negative impact on performance anyway?
Agree, everything about baseball is leisurely paced. Different game from a different era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBNRg4UPAqw

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erroneous, on both counts! Seriously, this is why the best posters don't stick around.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChaRisMa wrote:
Erroneous, on both counts! Seriously, this is why the best posters don't stick around.

Funny timing Smile

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/education/seeking-academic-edge-teenagers-abuse-stimulants.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=ig

*Note - let's not DISCUSS this though and get TAPT locked, just posting this as a REFERENCE to Neal's situation Wink
Title Town USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real or fake? I need to know. ('who cares' isn't an option)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:
Real or fake? I need to know. (who cares isn't an option)

hard to tell w/o seeing them bare tbh

pretty sure i've heard they're real though

El Ramster on the amazing work
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
ChaRisMa wrote:

Funny timing Smile

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/10/education/seeking-academic-edge-teenagers-abuse-stimulants.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&partner=rss&emc=rss&src=ig

*Note - let's not DISCUSS this though and get TAPT locked, just posting this as a REFERENCE to Neal's situation Wink

Then let's not reference it. There's a reason that was locked.
RashaanSalaami

Global Moderator
Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GBPackers79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
So baseball games are about 3 hours, 162 times a year, am I really supposed to think that its ok for them to drink on the job? The 203 days off should be enouogh for them IMO.

While I don't think either side is budging, yeah, this.

It's not much to ask.

Exactly. And if they really think the regular season is a grind, go ask for a shorter season and be prepared to take in less money. Not that difficult to not drink during a game. If your teammates aren't allowed to drink, nor should you.

Whatever...there's really close to nothing I respect about baseball besides the numbers of it and that gets a minimal amount of respect from me. It's also probably the sport that relies more heavily on luck than anything but hockey. Studies have shown there's a significant amount of luck to hitting. Though it generally has its way of evening out in the regular season, the playoffs is a different ball game.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

Even though they ahhhemmm... grew... a little later in life then most. I'm going with real.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

Real enough for me to play with Cool

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RashaanSalaami wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

While I don't think either side is budging, yeah, this.

It's not much to ask.

Exactly. And if they really think the regular season is a grind, go ask for a shorter season and be prepared to take in less money. Not that difficult to not drink during a game. If your teammates aren't allowed to drink, nor should you.

Whatever...there's really close to nothing I respect about baseball besides the numbers of it and that gets a minimal amount of respect from me. It's also probably the sport that relies more heavily on luck than anything but hockey. Studies have shown there's a significant amount of luck to hitting. Though it generally has its way of evening out in the regular season, the playoffs is a different ball game.
Considering the history of playing drunk in baseball, I'm not sure you can make that statement.

"...15 men in the history of organized baseball have ever thrown a perfect game...but only one of those men did it half-drunk, with bloodshot eyes, monster breath and a raging, skull-rattling hangover. That would be me." - David Wells

"[inappropriate/removed], I've played drunk...I went four for four with two jacks and eight ribbies. I'mm not saying that's the only day I played drunk, but that was the best one." - Mike Cameron

Miguel Cabrera got arrested after a night of binge drinking the night before a potential division clinching game

"I'm not kidding you Steve. Seriously. Wade [Boggs] was the kind of guy who was always the first one at the club house. So he'd get to the clubhouse, and he'd bring a six pack with him. He'd be there drinking a beer when someone showed up, and as we were all packing our stuff up out of our lockers and getting our bags ready for the trip, Wade would sit there and drink that whole six pack..."
http://blogs.suntimes.com/sportsprose/2008/09/wade_boggs_and_the_best_drinki.html

Those are just four I know off the top of my head... fifth would be the Babe but he was mentioned previously. Drinking and baseball go pretty hand in hand, though there was a time that drinking and football also was a common occurrence. What seemed to kill that was the NFL tried to clean it's image to gain popularity against baseball otherwise we might not be talking about this.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wgbeethree wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Willink wrote:
I have just learned that Jordy Nelson is a system receiver in the comparison forum, imagine that.
And we iz the only team that can run that system becuz that system involves cheating! And teh refs all luv Rogers and thats y our cheating system werx, not cuz our player be good but bc our system cheats!!!11'!!1!

Also, Aaron Rodgers is overrated because he has the best receiving corps in the league while our receivers are overrated because Rodgers is throwing them the ball. NFL General circular logic FTW!
Yeah some troll is trying to make an arguement for Stafford>Rodgers. Dear lord the Packer hate is almost too much to take. Packers go 15-1, but have no talent and horrible coaches.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best
Greg_Jennings

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Title Town USA wrote:

Real, she is a goddess

In the end, it wasn't guns or bombs that defeated the aliens. It was the humblest of all God's creatures, the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

Even though they ahhhemmm... grew... a little later in life then most. I'm going with real.

They "grew" because she had a kid. Laughing

God, family, and the Green Bay Packers; in that order.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
TheGreatZepp wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

They "grew" because she had a kid. Laughing

and the money i would have paid to be said child

El Ramster on the amazing work
ajdodge09

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGreatZepp wrote:
Title Town USA wrote:

Real fosho. Have you seen her in From Dusk Till Dawn? Oh. My. Freaking. God.

Everyone NEEDS to see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkaveikyikE&feature=related
Lucky Quinten Crying or Very sad

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 88, 89, 90 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 89 of 100

Jump to: