Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AJ Bringing in a New Culture?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: AJ Bringing in a New Culture? Reply with quote

Is it just me, or looking at all the guys who we're bringing in, they're all guys who wear their emotions on their sleeve and are very physical players and leaders.

AJ seems to be focusing in on a specific types of players...WINNERS!

Go over the list of the guys we have brought in this year...

Jarret Johnson, OLB

There is no other word to describe the guy but TOUGH. This guys a mean SOB, and does nothing but stuff the run. He's not going to wow you with physical ability, but play after play, he just gets after it, and is always in a position to make plays because of his attitude, knowledge of the other team from film study and his instincts.

Robert Meachem, WR

Alright, this guy isn't really all that much of that type of guy, but he's got a super bowl ring, and is a hell of a talent at WR, with all the tools you could ever want, and is a perfect fit for what we like to do with our #1 WR.

Jared Gaither, LT

We could already tell what kind of an attitude he brought to the table watching him the last 5 games of last year. He's a big boy who just loves to get after it and dominate people at the point. Big physical mauler, but is a dancing bear, and is great moving his feet to keep Rivers clean. The biggest LT in the game and gave us a HUGE uplift last year when we were struggling.

Le'Ron McClain, FB

This is going to be a underrated signing IMO. Right from the getgo i might already have a new favorite player on this team. We sign him, and within the hour on twitter, he's already talkin and building with RM and SP95. One of his first tweets after signing is...

Quote:
Le'Ron McClain ‏ @LeRon_McClain44
Yo bro @rmathews24 let's make history**

Just watching him play, ever since back at Bama, he's had the attitude of one of those guys. Super intense, loves contact, and just an inspiring player to be around.

I'm completely fine if we keep cherrypicking the Ravens, they've built an attitude there, one that we clearly haven't had here for a while. And that is one that doesn't accept losing as acceptable. I hope this infuse of leaders and intensity will lead us to somewere that we've never been before as an NFL team.

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
Zappaz

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Le'Ron definitely seems like he is excited to be here by twitter updates...

It looks like we are trying to shed that "soft" theme that most everyone associates with the Chargers.

Oh, it also looks like we might have landed Eddie Royal now, or atleast its getting closer to reality. He'd be WR4.

AJ seems to be setting the team up to go BPA in the draft. Right now we still could use a pass rushing OLB though JJ and Barnes duo would work well too. Barnes showed he can get to the QB, with fresher legs he should do better. We still have a hole at NT and SS, from there we need some depth on the O-line too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly gearing up for Nick Perry.

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
Duffman57

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Clearly gearing up for Nick Perry.

Oh, without a doubt... Cool

Rammy da best sigmaker of all time!

MrDrew wrote:
Everything about Rivers is Awkward, reminiscent of a Giraffe with Down's Syndrome
MrDrew

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's almost as if everybody has forgotten about Shaun Phillips.

"I am a leaf on the wind... Watch how I soar"
lakeroy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zappaz wrote:
Le'Ron definitely seems like he is excited to be here by twitter updates...

It looks like we are trying to shed that "soft" theme that most everyone associates with the Chargers.

Oh, it also looks like we might have landed Eddie Royal now, or atleast its getting closer to reality. He'd be WR4.

AJ seems to be setting the team up to go BPA in the draft. Right now we still could use a pass rushing OLB though JJ and Barnes duo would work well too. Barnes showed he can get to the QB, with fresher legs he should do better. We still have a hole at NT and SS, from there we need some depth on the O-line too.
We still should ideally pick an OLB at some point in the draft. Shaun Phillips turns 31 in May, is in the last year of his contract, and just had the worst season of his career.
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deals:

Quote:
UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee

Gaither ($8 million) and Johnson ($6 million) get nice signing bonuses. Their $1 million base salaries keep cap numbers low.

Quote:
UTKevinAcee‏@UTKevinAcee

Jarret Johnson: $19 million over 4 yrs, $10m in 1st 2 yrs; J. Gaither: $24.6m over 4 yrs, $13.5m in 1st two yrs; L. McClain $8.25m for 3 yrs

Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
sanitizer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the cap and trying to keep up with it. Does anyone have an idea of where we're at for the year?
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate agreeing with Acee but...

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Just sayin: Hardwick, Meachem, Gaither, Johnson, McClain count $13.65 million against cap in 2012. Vincent Jackson's cap number=$13 million.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
I hate agreeing with Acee but...

UTKevinAcee wrote:
Just sayin: Hardwick, Meachem, Gaither, Johnson, McClain count $13.65 million against cap in 2012. Vincent Jackson's cap number=$13 million.

Clearly one overrated WR adn 650k is worth more than a top center, LT, a good SOLB, a good FB, and a WR who has a chance to make a huge impact. Clearly.

#JDI
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great point. Not only are these FA pickups great players, but they have a winning attitude. I love the direction AJ is taking the Chargers this offseason, he just needs to finish it off with a great draft (impact pass rusher, impact safety and promising TE)
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't fear Denver as much as I fear San Diego. IMO you guys are still, and should be the favorites to win the division.
sanitizer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a smart man. The Broncos got Peyton, but is Peyton really in the form we're used to? I personally don't think you can come back from that and play at the level he used to.

The again, as much confidence as I would like to have in the Chargers, I don't think anyone from the AFC West is a true Super-Bowl contender. I just hope we get some production from the young guys and continue to make strides in the right direct. This offseason gives me hope, hopefully the draft will add to that, and then we'll see how we do on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: