Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tottenham Hotspur Thread II: For £26 mill, Soldado is a Spur
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
Games like this where we could do with a Holtby or Moutinhio to dictate the pace of play, keep that ball and work the opposition. Really we should have used the wings more, stretch QPR a bit.

The pitch is so small at Loftus road, plus they were sat so deep it didnt give Bale or Lennon any room at all. It was just a tough defensive display from QPR. We really need a striker though, Adebayor is an absolute donkey.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
RandomHero

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. And it seems like Ade got hit pay day and his form has just dipped. And even if he was scoring, we need another ST! We've been playing best in a 4-4-2 and now it's back for 4-5-1 for the next few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
True. And it seems like Ade got hit pay day and his form has just dipped. And even if he was scoring, we need another ST! We've been playing best in a 4-4-2 and now it's back for 4-5-1 for the next few weeks.

To be fair to Ade (I'm not the biggest fan of him) he is best when he is up top alone and he really hasn't gotten a nice run of games to improve his form. Defoe started off well and Ade hasn't been able to break in. Also you guys haven't played a traditional 4-5-1 all season, it's either someone behind the striker or a 4-2-3-1

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true about ADE, but when he's up top alone he seems to drift deeper and pick up the ball. But hopefully the ACON helps him with that!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Spurs fear Sandro is out for the season after knee surgery

Tottenham fear Sandro could miss most of the season after he had knee surgery.

The Brazilian midfielder was injured during Saturday’s goalless draw at Queens Park Rangers, hobbling off in pain after landing awkwardly and twisting his right knee.

After scans on the joint, he had an operation in Barcelona. The club did not comment on the nature or seriousness of the injury but they are understood to be concerned it is long term.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2263457/Sandro-injury-news-Tottenham-fear-midfielder-season.html

Really bad news for Spurs and Sandro, he has been a boss for us this season. Just have to hope that Parker can stay fit because it isn't too much of a drop in quality if he is able to stay fit. Rumour is that AVB wants to push through the Holtby transfer now because of the seriousness of Sandro's injury.

RandomHero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were being linked with M'Villa and Diame now with Sandro out for the rest of the season. M'Villa's attitude worries me and I'm not sure Diame is good enough for us.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandro is a big loss. He's been really great this year, I love his game.
teamorange

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really hope Sandro doesn't turn into a player that gets injured every season Sad

Tbh, a loan might be best for right now. City has a few central players that might be looking to get some first team playing time. Milner, Rodwell, and Garcia are all struggling to break into first team play. It might help all parties if one of them came over till Sandro got healthy. There is also this Croatian prospect that Madrid has recently picked up who might be of some help....

If you get a player full time it might cause some problems for next season when you have Dembele, Holtby, Sandro, Parker and X player all looking for starting time.

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

RandomHero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be seeing more of Tom Huddlestone, love the guy, but he's so slow!! As for City, can't see any of those players leaving tbh. And bare in mind Parkers age, and I think Dempsey could be shipped out as well so it won't be so crowded. And it would be great depth in midfield.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandro is a big loss, but we still have good depth. I really think we will sign Holtby now, the fee that they want is almost comically small. If Levy doesn't sack up and pay up then he is a moron.

kempus

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great point for Spurs, it was more than I expected going into the game. Its also incredibly nice to score one in the last minute, rather than concede. However, that doesn't hide that fact that our striking options are atrocious. If this team had a legitimate striker I don't think its that much of a push to suggest that we could challenge up there for the title. If Levy invests now we will finish in the top 4, if he doesn't then its a toss up at best.

RandomHero

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really do need another ST. Defoe has gone cold and well, we don't have anyone else currently with Ade at the ACON! He'd be stupid not to be looking at potential options.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Schalke have rejected a fresh bid from Tottenham for Lewis Holtby

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/8431528/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Knowing Levy, he probably increased the bid by roughly £2.50..... Rolling Eyes

RandomHero

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do question if we really need to push for a midfielder, considering how short we are up front!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomHero wrote:
I do question if we really need to push for a midfielder, considering how short we are up front!!

It's a given that we need a striker, but I'm starting to give up hope on that front. We have a lot of players in midfield, but most of them are crap. If Dembele gets injured we have absolutely no creativity. For the minimal fee that it will cost it makes complete sense to get Holtby in now.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 51 of 99

Jump to: