Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tottenham Hotspur Thread II: For 26 mill, Soldado is a Spur
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teamorange

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is you guys operated for a loss last year. I'm not sure if that includes a net sale of 8 million plus the difference in wage (one way or another) but it still has to be on Levy's/the shareholders minds.

I guess it also begs the question what is the risk of losing CL again and how much are they will to ensure that? I think Levy will do what is right and if he find the right player for the right price he will pull the trigger. Don't want to rush in and make a bad buy

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

teamorange wrote:
The problem is you guys operated for a loss last year. I'm not sure if that includes a net sale of 8 million plus the difference in wage (one way or another) but it still has to be on Levy's/the shareholders minds.

I guess it also begs the question what is the risk of losing CL again and how much are they will to ensure that? I think Levy will do what is right and if he find the right player for the right price he will pull the trigger. Don't want to rush in and make a bad buy

The reason I didn't post that news is because it really isn't news. As mentioned it doesn't include the sales of people like Modric, VDV and JDS. Even with all the purchases we made, we would have still be in a reasonable profit. Levy is a very clever man, I highly doubt its a coincidence that we have released those figures mid way through the transfer window. It could just be a smoke screen so Levy can try to push a harder bargain with other teams.

With the new TV deal coming in next season and a very good chance at Champions League, Levy will know that investing now is not only an imperative football decision, its also not that much of a financial risk. If we buy a legitimate striker we will make the top 4, if we don't then it is a real big risk. I just hope Levy makes the right decision.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
dotmotion

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holtby isn't going for cheap even if he is leaving this summer. Schalke is fighting for a Champions League spot and the revenue that they get from making it into that competition is greater than whatever fee that it seems Tottenham is willing to give.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotmotion wrote:
Holtby isn't going for cheap even if he is leaving this summer. Schalke is fighting for a Champions League spot and the revenue that they get from making it into that competition is greater than whatever fee that it seems Tottenham is willing to give.

Apparently they want 1.6 million for him and we are only offering 800k. Either way its a stupidly cheap fee.

RandomHero

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falque has been sent out on loan now as well, surely it must mean were going to bring someone in? were quite thin in midfield, we could do with Holtby a ST and RW this window, ideally.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Hooper rumours are growing. Im not sold personally although we do need someone else. Should be going after Soldado or Negredo really.

I would be amazed if Holtby didn't sign this month for the nominal fee which is reportedly being asked for.

^^^Kempes^^^
RandomHero

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sold on Hooper, but he does put the ball in the back of the net, he'd get plenty of chances with Spurs. I'd like to take a chance on him for 6-7 mill, and he'd likely get a decent sell on price even if he doesn't work out. And probably better than Kane..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levy, why you no buy a striker!!!!!

I don't really care that we got knocked out of the fa cup, it just highlights how criminally thin we are up top. It's absolutely shocking.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:

I don't really care that we got knocked out of the fa cup, it just highlights how criminally thin we are up top. It's absolutely shocking.

Hopefully we grab somebody late. Its getting pretty bad. Even just the guy from Celtic (Hooper?) would be a good depth addition.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
kempus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
kempus wrote:

Hopefully we grab somebody late. Its getting pretty bad. Even just the guy from Celtic (Hooper?) would be a good depth addition.

Hooper would be alright, but for the 8 million that Celtic want for him I think we could do better. We should be after cut price Soldado or Negredo. Honestly though, as long as we get a striker I don't really care.

teamorange

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holtby to Spurs is official for 1.5 million pounds. Apparently it was suppose to be 1.75 million but Levy hustled Schalke out of the .25 million and instead you guys will play a friendly in German vs them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5betFZRICVg

Care to offer some sort of insight instead of just being obnoxious? Rolling Eyes
I don't.

kempus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Levy is a boss when it comes to deals like this. I'm delighted to get Holtby in, I just pray we get a striker in too and it will have been a really good window.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Levy is a boss when it comes to deals like this. I'm delighted to get Holtby in, I just pray we get a striker in too and it will have been a really good window.
AVB seems pretty adamant that they aren't getting a striker this transfer window.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
kempus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
AVB seems pretty adamant that they aren't getting a striker this transfer window.

AVB isn't like Harry though, he isn't going to go around shouting about what positions we are looking at. If he were to say that we really want to sign a striker then players we are looking at will automatically become more expensive. I believe its a smoke screen, or I hope so anyway.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:

AVB isn't like Harry though, he isn't going to go around shouting about what positions we are looking at. If he were to say that we really want to sign a striker then players we are looking at will automatically become more expensive. I believe its a smoke screen, or I hope so anyway.
It's very possible, I wouldn't get my hopes up though. Hopefully Dempsey's majestic performances have been noticed.

The night is dark and full of terrors.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 51, 52, 53 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 52 of 99

Jump to: