Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OL coach selected
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rrize24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: OL coach selected Reply with quote

The steelers selected jack bicknell jr to be the offensive line coach

Quote:

The Pittsburgh Steelers have named Jack Bicknell, Jr. as their new offensive line coach, it was announced today.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Jack-Bicknell-Jr-Named-Offensive-Line-Coach/7a4c94d9-eb14-4fd4-ac1c-75f6dce76dbb

^ ^ ^
Props to DAWG24 on the sig
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a pretty impressive resume, BC..

...you have a forum resume?
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if he's a ZBS coach?
Wardfan05

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

at23steelers wrote:

According to Steelers Depot, it's his schtick.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/steelers-hiring-of-jack-bicknell-jr-as-the-offensive-line-coach-likely-means-zone-blocking-scheme/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

I hope that's the case. The guys we have aren't really cut out for power blocking.

- Thanks, Joe_is_the_best
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2013/01/steelers-hiring-of-jack-bicknell-jr-as-the-offensive-line-coach-likely-means-zone-blocking-scheme/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+SteelersDepotBlog+%28Steelers+Depot+Blog%29

I hope that's the case. The guys we have aren't really cut out for power blocking.

Less likely we keep Starks and Colon if that's the case, which Im fine with! Maybe even Foster too. As long as we block better and are more disciplined!
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardfan05 wrote:
at23steelers wrote:

Well, Pouncey, DeCastro and Adams are better suited for the ZBS, but Starks, Colon and Gilbert are power blocking types.

Starks is likely gone anyway. I see Colon getting cut too (PLEEEEEEAASE!!!).

However, that still leaves Gilbert, who isnt athletic enough to be a quality RT...in any scheme really.

My hope would be that they slide Gilbert to RG, and DD to LG.

As for the tackles...still not comfy with the idea of Adams at LT until he shows he can pass protect, so that means we may need a LT.

However, I see Adams starting at LT and Gilbert at RT, in which case Im not comfortable at all...regardless of what our OLine scheme is.

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@43: Yeah I think Gilbert would be a decent RG in a ZBS. I agree with you it should be ?-DD-Pouncey-Gilbert-Adams. Not sure who our LT, most important position on OL should be. Sad, we draft 2 RT's with our picks. I mean Adams did progress since TC so maybe he'll improve enough to be a LT. What about: Adams-DD-Pouncey-Gilbert-Beachum? Best of what we have I guess.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leave Adams at RT. He was a dominant run blocker there and the run game was very effective. Adams struggled with pass blocking and I would be concerned to put him on the blind side.

I don't know anything about the new OL coach but hopefully he can do more with them than Kugler did.

Many thanks to UniversalAuthor on the #87 Sid's sig!
jebrick

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Leave Adams at RT. He was a dominant run blocker there and the run game was very effective. Adams struggled with pass blocking and I would be concerned to put him on the blind side.

I don't know anything about the new OL coach but hopefully he can do more with them than Kugler did.

I think Adams only struggled because he is used to being a LT. Feet and hand placements are different. i noticed he was falling into his LT feet movement when he got under pressure which made him off balance. He learned quickly.

"You build with draft choices. You find people with talents adaptable to your plans and then you teach them to do things the way we do them." - Chuck Noll
kethnaab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jebrick wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

I think Adams only struggled because he is used to being a LT. Feet and hand placements are different. i noticed he was falling into his LT feet movement when he got under pressure which made him off balance. He learned quickly.

exactly what I noticed too. His footwork was absolutely backwards.

If DeCastro is staying at RG, you can count on Adams being moved to LT, so Adams can pull behind him, a la Will Shields pulling left behind Willie Roaf
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

If DeCastro is staying at RG, you can count on Adams being moved to LT, so Adams can pull behind him, a la Will Shields pulling left behind Willie Roaf
That would be awesome

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
mosteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

No offense, but I don't get it. Adams would pull from his left tackle position to around DeCastro?

Sig courtesy of miafins23 Thanks
grubs10

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mosteelers wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
jebrick wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

No offense, but I don't get it. Adams would pull from his left tackle position to around DeCastro?
I'm assuming he accidentally said Adams can pull instead of Decastro. Especially since the comparison he made was the guard pulling behind the tackle

^Props to jgutowski24 on the Sweet Wiz Style Sig^
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fine with the hire....even though I dont know much about him, at least I dont hate it immediately like I did with the Kugler hire, I tried to stay optimistic, but obviously, I was right not to get excited.

HOWEVER, I am just worried that they will try to use Gilbert as an OT....this team has a habit of trying to force square pegs into round holes. How bout it keth? Laughing Wink

simonwayne wrote:
We ain't got nothing man, just a chiefs win, thats all you get...And next week it will be wash, rinse, repeat.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I think the scheme he most likely brings to the table (Zone Blocking) is really going to help our offensive line and I think when you consider the running game of the Chiefs, albeit behind an offensive line that needs upgrades, it was substantially better than our own. I really think this was a good move and I hope it helps our running game as much as I believe it will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: