You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What TV show are you watching? (v. 2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
Gambit Jango wrote:
Amazing that 30 rock ran its course without an apparent fan base here.

"Well that's our show. Not a lot of people watched it but the jokes on you because we got paid anyways."

Yea it is a great show, but I didn't realize how good it was until like a year or two ago, so when I was watching on Netflix to catch up I loved it but got bored by the end of the 3rd season. Not bored necessarily, I enjoyed pretty much every episode, but its tough for such an episodic show to keep my interest enough to keep clicking next on Netflix.

Also as a NYer there's a lot of jokes I feel like most people who aren't extremely familiar with the city wouldn't get. Same with Men in Black.

You should go back and watch it through. It's like Arrested Development, there are a lot of jokes you won't catch until like the 5th runthrough.

Anyways, I just watched the pilot of Homeland. I liked it. I was hesitant about this show, because I didn't know how believable they'd make the "American soldier turned terrorist" plot, but I like the direction they took it. It's seems that Brody hasn't so much as been turned as just mentally broken and brainwashed. My hope is that they keep his character sympathetic.

I gotta finish up House of Cards yet, but Homeland is next. I gotta finish Season 5 of The Wire yet too.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
tinoynk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gambit Jango wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
Gambit Jango wrote:
Amazing that 30 rock ran its course without an apparent fan base here.

"Well that's our show. Not a lot of people watched it but the jokes on you because we got paid anyways."

Yea it is a great show, but I didn't realize how good it was until like a year or two ago, so when I was watching on Netflix to catch up I loved it but got bored by the end of the 3rd season. Not bored necessarily, I enjoyed pretty much every episode, but its tough for such an episodic show to keep my interest enough to keep clicking next on Netflix.

Also as a NYer there's a lot of jokes I feel like most people who aren't extremely familiar with the city wouldn't get. Same with Men in Black.

You should go back and watch it through. It's like Arrested Development, there are a lot of jokes you won't catch until like the 5th runthrough.

I was able to blow through AD easily, but that had much more of an overarching narrative throughout each of the seasons. 30 Rock does have plenty of continuing storylines, but it gets pretty repetitive. I'm sure I'll get around to getting through it at some point, I just can't watch like 5 in a row each day like I did with AD.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100
Page 100 of 100

Jump to: