Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

COD: Black Ops II (November 13th)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27274
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
BombProofPacker wrote:
Honestly, I think people only hate COD because they take the game too serious.


If thats directed at me, i dont take the game serious at all. All I do is run around with an aa12. Thats the only way to stop me from dominating everyone on a constant basis. Laughing


Laughing Im sure

Thats why I dont play GoW, if they allow me to have anything other then the pistol, its easy mode.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6684
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
Its the same crap over and over and over again.


So MW1 was a terrible game is what you are saying? If its the same crap and doesnt change, MW1, WaW, MW2, BOs, and MW3 all suck. Is it similar? Of course. Halo 1-Reach are basically the same game, but still different. GoW are all the same but still different. Again, I understand not liking the game. But just because you dislike a game doesnt mean its bad. Im not a fan of Skyrim, does it make it bad? Im sure I could name things that make it bad as well.

S-jax39 wrote:
The maps get worst. (cod4 and mw2 maps> the rest of the series)


Opinion. I dont hate any of the maps of MW3. There will always be favorites and hated maps in each game. There were terrible maps in COD4 and MW2 as well.

S-jax39 wrote:
Guns are laughably OP.


To what? Only one maybe two things can be considered OP... I cant say "The FAMAS, Aug, M4, AK, and m40 are all OP" Maybe thats how the game is played. I want weaker guns, but them being strong doesnt make them OP...

S-jax39 wrote:
People do the same thing.


Its still the same series lol. Also, those are play styles. People who camp in COD, will camp in every other game as well... I play fairly defensive in both Halo and COD both significantly different games.

S-jax39 wrote:
Every launch theres problems.


COD also breaks records every year.... Most giant multipalyer games do have problems at launch.....

Again, I can understand hating it. I can understand feeling its stale. I definitely feel that way about MW3 and can only play it with my brother. But because its a game you dont like anymore doesnt make it a bad game... I dont like Assassin's Creed much anymore, but does it make it a terrible game? No....

Its the largest group of "dbags" because it covers the most people... Games like Mass Effect, Fighting games, etc all generally have something in common. COD is so wide spread that multiple types of people enjoy the game.

James and I disagree on how quick kills should be to come by. Neither of us have the "right" opinion. Its just a different style we prefer.


1 Gears 3 and Halo Reach are not the same game as say halo 1 or gears 1. Significant changes, especially with gears.

2- the main reason i feel as if its a bad game is because the game rakes in billions of dollars and they do little to actually make it better. Add a gimick here, gimmick there, shove that down your throat as new. Dedicated servers, more weapon balance, a beta ect ect is too much to ask for? Everything about cod right now is a complete cash grab at this point and i dont like it/respect it. Waiting for it to go the guitar hero route.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gmen4ev


Joined: 07 Sep 2009
Posts: 21728
Location: In west Philadelphia born and raised
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meh, probably wont buy it. With me hopefully getting a new apartment I wont have time to buy the same exact games with a few differences.
_________________


Not a Knicks fan
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
BombProofPacker


Joined: 16 Mar 2010
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
BombProofPacker wrote:
Honestly, I think people only hate COD because they take the game too serious.


If thats directed at me, i dont take the game serious at all. All I do is run around with an aa12. Thats the only way to stop me from dominating everyone on a constant basis. Laughing


No, I did not mean to directly associate my comment with anyone specific
_________________

Jgoldiscool on the awesome sig
Chucknorris101 on the awesome avy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BgDawg


Joined: 08 Feb 2007
Posts: 374
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back before BO came out, I was really impressed with the ideas they had to change the game. However, I was not impressed with the overall feel of the game.

My ideal COD game would have Treyarch coming up with the game concepts and IW writing the game.

However, neither have had the best reputation when it comes to fixing the inevitable problems that show up after launch.

Over four months after MW3 release and I still lag horribly when in a party, it still takes 10+ minutes to find a game of ground war with a party, and they cannot fix the akimbo fmg's (really the only guns I find to be horribly unbalanced, the last update to buff LMGs was awesome).

Not sure if I will be buying BO2. I really hope that there is some competition to COD here soon. BF3 does not count as they really are not the same type of shooter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27274
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
1 Gears 3 and Halo Reach are not the same game as say halo 1 or gears 1. Significant changes, especially with gears.

2- the main reason i feel as if its a bad game is because the game rakes in billions of dollars and they do little to actually make it better. Add a gimick here, gimmick there, shove that down your throat as new. Dedicated servers, more weapon balance, a beta ect ect is too much to ask for? Everything about cod right now is a complete cash grab at this point and i dont like it/respect it. Waiting for it to go the guitar hero route.


Halo Reach is disliked by ALOT of Halo fans. I mean they like it, but they either miss Halo 1/2/3 and they all have their favorites. But I would say that compares to COD as well. Especially COD4 vs MW2 vs BOs are all significantly different games from each other. Atleast as much as Halo or Gears changed.

As for the bolded, thats a perfectly fine conclusion to reach and I dont think many can argue against it. But Im not sure how that = sucking. I mean if I can create a game that breaks video game sales every year but my game is considered sucky, then call me gaming terrible lol
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
S-jax39


Joined: 23 Aug 2010
Posts: 6684
Location: [D]MV
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
1 Gears 3 and Halo Reach are not the same game as say halo 1 or gears 1. Significant changes, especially with gears.

2- the main reason i feel as if its a bad game is because the game rakes in billions of dollars and they do little to actually make it better. Add a gimick here, gimmick there, shove that down your throat as new. Dedicated servers, more weapon balance, a beta ect ect is too much to ask for? Everything about cod right now is a complete cash grab at this point and i dont like it/respect it. Waiting for it to go the guitar hero route.


Halo Reach is disliked by ALOT of Halo fans. I mean they like it, but they either miss Halo 1/2/3 and they all have their favorites. But I would say that compares to COD as well. Especially COD4 vs MW2 vs BOs are all significantly different games from each other. Atleast as much as Halo or Gears changed.

As for the bolded, thats a perfectly fine conclusion to reach and I dont think many can argue against it. But Im not sure how that = sucking. I mean if I can create a game that breaks video game sales every year but my game is considered sucky, then call me gaming terrible lol


I wouldnt call anything cod has done significantly different.

Adding things like forge and theatre is significantly different.

Adding things like stopping power, better matchmaking and a deeper horde with 4 player co op is significantly differently.

Adding a couple killstreaks and throwing knives is not.
_________________
Welp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HighHopes


Moderator
Joined: 01 Jun 2008
Posts: 27274
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The things "added" to GoW and Halo arent really with the actual game play :/

COD4/WaW to MW2
Pro Perks
Changed Perks (no 3x frags, actual perks)
a revamped killstreak system
Alot more weapon attachments
spec ops

That seems about the same as your GoW changes :/ if not more.

Trust me when I say this. I love Halo and I can tell the difference between 1, 2, 3 and Reach. (well 2 and 3 I would have a bit harder time lol, but I know there are differences). But to say COD doesnt change but then say Halo or GoW changes alot to me is silly. I see where people view it as too similar, but it does change to the people who play it alot and enjoy it. Im pretty sure there are just about every combination of people liking and disliking certain games.
_________________

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thesickness89


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14410
Location: East Carolina University
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played every cod since the first modern warfare, most I bought on midnight. I liked Black Ops, and its slower pace. I will definately get the next one. I want another World at War time game though to be honest.
_________________


#FIREHOKE2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
texans_uk


Joined: 26 Feb 2009
Posts: 29087
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All I heard was "No death streaks" and I literally jumped out of my chair with joy.
_________________
DallasInHeart wrote:
Buddy if you lived in Europe or ever gone to visit Europe you would know that over there Football is totally on a different level

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10094
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy it, but if it is not fast paced like MW3 and MW2 I doubt it will surpass either for me, even with the additions they are making.

To those of you who say "same old thing" what do you expect?

I have formulated my own opinions of why people say this game sucks and all they do is release the same thing over and over again. Those opinions are, the people suck at the game, are fan boys of another FPS or just like to go against the grain and say it sucks even though they probably are the same ones who go out and buy elite.

I am willing to bet I am right more often than not with those opinions.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant

Last edited by acowboys62 on Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
acowboys62


Joined: 06 Feb 2006
Posts: 10094
Location: NJ/Phila
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HighHopes wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
HighHopes wrote:
james.mcmurry13 wrote:
Theres pretty much one thing I care about for this game: Bullet Damage. If its Black Ops damage, I probably won't buy the game. It doesn't need to be MW3 damage, but it needs to be faster killing than Black Ops.


Eww it needs to be slower. more skillful


Slower=/=more skillfull. If I outsmart you and see you first, I should get the kill. Shouldn't have to stay on target for a year and a half.


Quicker Kills = Campers being stronger Wink

Also, seeing first =/= Out smarting

Seeing First should not = kill

etc Wink

HH, this is just not correct. Quicker kills has nothing to do with campers. Seeing first does not equal out smarting ALL of the time, but most of the time it does. Seeing first should equal the kill if I get my cross hairs on you first as well.

So many people talk about realism and these games, well guess what, if I see you in real life, and land my first shot on you...I am going to kill you first.
_________________
Quote:
"I'm going to demolish him. He understands that."
- Kobe Bean Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thesickness89


Joined: 03 Jan 2007
Posts: 14410
Location: East Carolina University
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

acowboys62 wrote:
I'll buy it, but if it is not fast paced like MW3 and MW2 I doubt it will surpass either for me, even with the additions they are making.

To those of you who say "same old thing" what do you expect?

I have formulated my own opinions of why people say this game sucks and all they do is release the same thing over and over again. Those opinions are, the people suck at the game, are fan boys of another FPS or just like to go against the grain and say it sucks even though they probably are the same ones who go out and buy elite.

I am willing to bet I am right more often than not with those opinions.

You mean one of the highest selling franchises ever isnt going to drastically change their games? Get out
_________________


#FIREHOKE2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38133
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BombProofPacker wrote:
Honestly, I think people only hate COD because they take the game too serious.

I hate the COD lineup BECAUSE people take it too seriously. When I play video games, I want to have fun, but you have these die hards who are just so intent on being better than everyone else who plays, and they just suck the fun out of it. I've seen this in every online FPS, not just COD...

I just stick to single player campaigns and any sort of online co-op. The PvP stuff in these games is too much for me to exercise patience in now.
_________________


vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 9447
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
I have played every cod since the first modern warfare, most I bought on midnight. I liked Black Ops, and its slower pace. I will definately get the next one. I want another World at War time game though to be honest.
Yeah I wanna take it back to WW2 times. Those games are how the COD franchise started. They need to go back to their roots of the game. They need to make WAW part 2.
_________________

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 15 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 4 of 99

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group