Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Boston Red Sox Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dice-K looked pretty good today. His fastball definitely lost some velocity but he had real good movement on his pitches, I don't expect it to continue as this is classic Dice-K though Laughing Looks dominant for a start or two and then can't locate the broad side of a barn the next 3.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind the Ellsbury-in-the-3-slot experiment. Nothing to lose, and perhaps a lineup shuffle will help him rediscover some power (I doubt it though). I like shutting down Ortiz -- good move. Let's see some auditioning for next season. The basic things to keep an eye on are Ellsbury's stretch performance, Ross's close to the season as a precursor to a re-signing, Ciriaco's audition for next year as a possible shortstop, getting Bailey some innings, and Doubront auditioning for a slot next year.

At this point, I think Lester, Buchholz, and Lackey (because of his contract) should be the only three guys guaranteed rotation spots. Doubront has gotten progressively worse as the season has gone on, but he's pitched to the level of a number 5...something we don't need.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Harper41

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dice-K was placed on waivers, I could see a contender scooping him up for a playoff run, I'd love to get something for him...anything Laughing

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Dice-K was placed on waivers, I could see a contender scooping him up for a playoff run, I'd love to get something for him...anything Laughing

He'd be the worst pitcher for the contender, so I doubt it.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lavarnways looked real good tonight. What do you guys think his future on the team is? Could he possibly replace Papi at DH next year or do you see him transitioning to 1st?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Salty ever NOT swinging for the fences? Jeez. I swear the guy doesn't know what a contact swing is.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
Lavarnways looked real good tonight. What do you guys think his future on the team is? Could he possibly replace Papi at DH next year or do you see him transitioning to 1st?

Catcher of the future.

I think we resign Ortiz. Still don't know what we do about 1B.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Mauer on waivers. If he was less injury prone and wasn't signed through 2018, I would want Boston all over it, but it's unlikely.

Check out these minuscule salary commitments:

2013 ($42.938MM) -- John Lackey ($15.25MM), Jon Lester ($11.625MM), Dustin Pedroia ($10MM), Clay Buchholz ($5.5MM), Jose Iglesias (approximately $563K)

2014 ($33.2MM) -- Lackey ($15.25MM), Pedroia ($10MM), Buchholz ($7.7MM), Lester ($250K buyout)

2015 ($12.5MM) -- Buchholz ($12MM), Pedroia ($500K buyout)

2016 ($245K) -- Buchholz ($245K buyout)

Figure Ellsbury, Aceves, Bailey, Bard, Morales, and the other minor arb guys double our 2013 commitment. We're still only at about 86M. That's about half of this year's payroll. We would have plenty of room to sign Ortiz and Ross if we so choose. I honestly think Ortiz will be back. 3/40 isn't out of the realm of possibility for him.

Also, isn't it fun to root against Josh Beckett? He's that guy I wanted off the team so I could root against him. 5.2 IP, 7 hits, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, 1 HR debut for LA on Monday night. I hope they get nothing but mediocrity out of him.

animaltested wrote:
Harper41

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PatsPwn wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Catcher of the future.

You dont think they'll bring back Salty?

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:
PatsPwn wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Catcher of the future.

He's got one arb year left before he's a free agent. They'll either let him walk in free agency, decline to make an offer this offseason and let him walk, or trade him. The only positive aspect of his game is his power. He sucks as a whole offensively and is one of the worst in the league behind the plate. He makes Pierzynski look like a good defensive catcher.

animaltested wrote:
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keysersoze3421 wrote:
Also, isn't it fun to root against Josh Beckett? He's that guy I wanted off the team so I could root against him. 5.2 IP, 7 hits, 3 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, 1 HR debut for LA on Monday night. I hope they get nothing but mediocrity out of him.

There's still a soft spot in my heart for Josh Beckett after what he did in 07. I always had a love-hate relationship with him but I'll be rooting him on.

Harper41 wrote:
PatsPwn wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

Catcher of the future.

I could see Salty and Lav splitting time at catcher next year with Lavarnway taking over full time in 2014.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around, but I did read what you guys had to say about Bucholtz. I told ya sooo!!!

Adopt A Patriot
Logan Ryan : CB
Tkls: Int: FF:
PatsPwn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOVA333 wrote:
I haven't been around, but I did read what you guys had to say about Bucholtz. I told ya sooo!!!

Well we were right at the time...he hadn't lived up to his potential. To his credit, he's worked hard and turned into a fine starter for the past couple of months.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He looks to be a valuable third starter going forward. Problem is...we don't have another guy besides Lester to slot in in front of him. Lester still has a 3.61 xFIP, which is better than last season by a hundredth of a point. That's a low-end number 2.

animaltested wrote:
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Felix Doubront was claimed on waivers. Wouldn't be that opposed to letting him go for a couple of B- prospects.

animaltested wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baseball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
Page 27 of 31

Jump to: