Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

iloxygenil's FFMD News, Highlights, and Insights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iloxygenil

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Keep up the excellent work. I have to admit, I wasn't the biggest fan of the inconsistent "grades" at first, but now it's sort of a thing- I like it, it's the style of your thread and it gives it some serious character. Looking forward to reading more of these draft grades.

Thank you, I appreciate it
bpastermack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you might be confused about this WR class. Every draft guru and scout out there as well as much of the media, and many of the people on these boards view this as one of the deepest WR classes in the last decade. You seem to not like any of them. Givens went right about where he is usually selected in many drafts, late second to early 3rd. I personally think he is better than Sanu and Randle, and see him as a perfect fit for the WC offense and for what Miami needs, and I have him ranked in my top 50 players in this draft.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpastermack wrote:
I think you might be confused about this WR class. Every draft guru and scout out there as well as much of the media, and many of the people on these boards view this as one of the deepest WR classes in the last decade. You seem to not like any of them. Givens went right about where he is usually selected in many drafts, late second to early 3rd. I personally think he is better than Sanu and Randle, and see him as a perfect fit for the WC offense and for what Miami needs, and I have him ranked in my top 50 players in this draft.

I just really don't see any #1 WRs out there, that's the problem. I want #1 guys, most of the teams taking these guys are desperate for people who can step into that role, and they're reaching for guys who don't fit that role. So it might be deep, but I'm just not a fan of most of these guys and the potential they have to have long term NFL careers. That's why I like Broyles, he's not a triangle guy, he's a football guy, so I like guys like that where I think I can get 5-7 years out of my draft pick investment and maybe get 600 or so yards a year out of them. I don't see many 1k yard guys in this year's class.

I like 81, he appears to have the best work ethic and highest level of character in this year's draft, I don't like most of the 1st round WRs either, so I'm not hating, I just think that it's a cluttered mess at the position of a lot of mediocre talent. So it makes it seem deep because it's deep of similar guys, but not deep in high end talent. Personally I like T.Y. Hilton, I think he brings something dynamic to the table from the position despite the fact that he's tiny. I think he's got the game changing speed and ability to play from the slot that is going to have him in the league as a big play threat for quite a while, similar to Antonio Brown.
iloxygenil

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1 (96) Rams : Bernard Pierce, RB, Temple - C - Just an average pick here, nothing outstanding about it, nothing bad about it. They can for sure use some help to back up Jackson and that's what they got.

2 (97) Texans (from Colts) : Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas - C - Okay another WR, at least it's the 4th round now, even if it is super early in the 4th. I think Childs fits in Texas fairly well and again, they have no real need for a #2 WR at this point, so I don't understand the pick, there are other positions I would have liked to have seen them address, but at least Childs in round 4 isn't a bad value.

3 (98 ) Vikings : Casey Hayward, CB, Vanderbilt - B - I like Hayward quite a bit, and the Vikings are really trying to hit it in the secondary, they've got a devastating pass rusher with Allen, but this much youth in a secondary I'm not sure can be covered up, no matter how good that defensive line is. But I do like the value of Hayward in the 4th and I think he can has the ceiling of a solid #2 starter.

4 (99) Seahawks (from Bears via Texans via Bucs via Eagles) : Jeff Allen, OT/OG, Illinois - B+ - now this is good value. Allen is likely to go somewhere mid-late 3rd. He's got such natural skill and ability he makes the game look easy despite his physical limitation of his short arms. I'm not sure if he's ever going to be a starting LT, but I think he easily plugs in at RT and especially either Guard Spot.

5 (100) Browns : Brandon Mosley, OT, Auburn - C - Mosley is a good pick here, nothing exciting, nothing that's going to blow your skirt up, but it is the 4th round and they get someone who can eventually develop into a starter.

6 (101) Jaguars : Chase Minnifield, CB, Virginia - A+ - this is a monster win here for the Jags. Minnifield is someone I've got as a 2nd rounder. He's got all the ability you can want and I think will easily be a starter, even as a rookie maybe by mid-season. Really really excellent pickup by the Jags.

7 (102) Redskins : Tank Carder, LB, TCU - B - I like Tank, he's a good prospect and to get him outside of the top 100 I think is right where he starts to become a good value. He's not going to be a superstar, but he's going to be a good linebacker for quite some time, good pickup for the skins.

8 (103) Dolphins : Markelle Martin, FS, Ok St. - B - I go with B here, I thought about boom or bust, but it's the 4th round now, everyone here is boom or bust, and the value isn't going to crush anyone, but the Dolphins get a guy who can really cover a lot of territory with his speed and will be able to play the playmaker role in that defense. Good selection.

9 (104) Panthers : Mike Brewster, OC/OG, OSU - C - Good pick for depth, not someone I see as a starter, but building the lines is critical and the Panthers do a good job of that here. Really solid pickup.

10 (105) Patriots (from Bills) : TY Hilton, WR, Florida International - F as in WTF - Honestly people do you want Bill to just win at everything? You can't hand the Patriots talent like this kid has. Sheesh, of all the WRs taken there were a buncha guys who are scrubs when you measure them vs Hilton, C'MON MAN. Great job by the Pats.

11 (106) Cardinals (from Seahawks) : A.J. Jenkins, WR, Illinois - D - I hate when teams go on a run at a position it's like they were set on drafting a position more than they were a player and that's how this one comes across to me. Unfortunately the Cardinals missed out on a star WR and drafted a scrub.

12 (107) Rams (from Chiefs) : Kirk Cousins, QB, Michigan State - B, for BAD. You've got Bradford, and you've got a team that is in desperate need of starters, not backups. So you end up getting a backup QB who you're hoping to sell off in a couple of years for better picks, but c'mon man, you wanna win you get someone who can make an impact for your team, this was not it.

13 (108 ) Broncos (from Jets) : Brock Osweiler, QB, Arizona State - C-, Quit putting sucky QBs behind Peyton Manning and expecting the genius to just rub off on him. I know some people out there were saying he had the potential to go in the first round, but I don't see it. Maybe 3 years behind Peyton can help the Broncos develop Osweiler more than the Colts were able to with Painter or whoever else they put back there.

14 (109) Redskins : Nate Potter, OT, Boise State - A - Potter can play LT in the NFL, he's got the skills for it and now the Skins are getting a guy to groom and grow up. They invested an elite pick on the LT position a couple years ago, but this pick still makes sense as Potter can play either Tackle spot and provides a quality player and good depth.

15 (110) Chargers : Cyrus Gray, RB, Texas A&M - C - You've got Matthews and I know you decided to let Tolbert go and Gray does fit in there well in that role, so it's an average pick to me. It's not great, but it's for sure not bad, so good job Chargers.

16 (111) Bears : Nigel Bradham, ILB, FSU - A, I'm sorry you guys missed out on this kid because he's one of those linebackers who isn't going to be a superstar or anything, but he's a guy who can start at literally every position a linebacker plays in the 4-3, and he can play either ILB position in the 3-4 and could even rush the passer from the outside in the 3-4 if you asked him to. Super talented kid with good work ethic Fantastic pickup for the Bears.

17 (112) Buccaneers (from Cardinals) : James Michael-Johnson, ILB, Nevada - M for meh, this pick gives the Bucs depth, and if they try to force him to start that's not going to end pretty I don't think. He's not a bad player, but it's just not someone who's going to make much impact, meh.

18 (113) Cowboys : David Molk, C, Michigan - B+, great pickup here. I like Molk a lot and I think Dallas could use the help of getting a guy who is an actual football player rather than just a dude that looks like one. Good job here by the Boys and I think this move pays off big time for them.

19 (114) Eagles : Brandon Weeden, QB, Oklahoma State - B+, SHEESH, honestly I think this is another amazing pick by the Eagles. Vick is going to get hurt, and they need a QB who can play, they get the most matured athlete in the draft and a guy who can sling it in that open system. He's not a bad athlete either, now don't get me wrong no one will mistake him for Vick out there, but Weeden can play ball, the Eagles just got the successor to Vick in round 4.

20 (115) Titans : Marvin McNutt, WR, Iowa - C - McNutt is a decent value here, nothing outstanding but this is just a pick I sort of expect out of the Titans. Get a guy who can contribute but isn't going to be a game breaker, they just need Britt to stay healthy, it's not like the Titans have a lot of holes.

21 (116) Bengals : Nick Toon, WR, Wisconsin - B+ - this is the 2nd best value I've seen anyone get on a WR. Generally I feel like teams reach when they go back to back, but I think Toon brings a dynamic to a Cincinnati offense that it lacks. He's a major redzone threat on the outside. Toon is one of my favorite mid round players in this year's draft, putting him with Dalton and Green just helped open up Dalton's game even further.

22 (117) Lions : Robert Turbin, RB, Utah State - FA, for FREAKING AMAZING. This is a massive homerun for the Lions. This kid is a big time player and I think people undervalued the RB position too much this time. He's a perfect fit for the Lions and gives them a real threat out of the backfield that I think will be better than any back on their roster. They just got a high quality starter in the mid-late 4th round, fantastic pick.

23 (118 ) Browns (from Falcons) : Sean Spence, LB, The U - B+, I love this pick, I think his value is spot on here and I think he's going to fit in in Cleveland very well. He is very versatile and despite elite timed speed he plays the game fast. While Miami isn't putting out any more Jonathan Vilma's (thank goodness right?) this is still a difference maker at the LB position.

24 (119) Steelers : Emmanuel Acho, LB, Texas - B - another good pick, all the values are flying off the board right now. I like Acho a lot and I think Pittsburgh just continues to build a nasty nasty linebacker corps. They have amazing depth at the position now and gives the kid time to learn from a guy like Harrison who really plays the position exactly how the Steelers want it played. Without the pressure of starting right away Acho will be a good ST contributor and have time to develop into a starter.

25 (120) Broncos : Ryan Steed, CB, Furman - D - I don't care for Steed this early. I generally like small school guys cause I wanna root for the underdog but the Broncos get a guy who is devlopmental to say the least, but with Bailey there and the leadership on that defense Steed could learn something that helps him be a better player than he really is.

26 (121) Buccaneers (from Texans): Michael Egnew, TE, Mizzou - C+, this is a little better than Average because I really like Egnew, I think he's got great potential. Now I don't think he belongs in the 4th round I rate him as a late 5th round guy but I still think he's a fine player who can make impact. But the Bucs already have Stocker on their team who I like as well, drafting a 3rd TE in the 4th round seems a bit foolish.

27 (122) Saints : Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State - C, The Saints are desperate for pass rush, and they reach for some here. I do think Crawford has some game, but I'm not so sure that it has as much to with him as it does with excellent coaching he got in Boise. I'm not really a fan of the pick, but it's not bad because they desperately need help at the DE position.

28 (123) Titans : (from Packers via Texans ) : Tony Bergstrom, OL, Utah - T for TYPICAL. Another Typical Titan move. Just keep building up the lines and keep picking up those lunchpail guys who just make things work, nice job.

29 (124) Bills (from Ravens) : Andrew Datko, OT, Florida St - B/B Boom or Bust, seriously I think the Bills just got a high level LT, maybe not right out of the gates as he continues to heal, but he's Head and shoulders above his former teammate Zebrie Sanders and is a true LT. This guy is a 1st round talent that is only here because of the injury.

30 (125) 49ers : Brandon Hardin, S, Oregon State - C, it's hard to find a lot of problems in San Fran, so picking up a guy like this who gives you a good ST player and depth in the secondary isn't a bad pick. They don't need big names to make that defense work, they've got plenty of those already. Hardin is a good choice.

31 (126) Patriots : Senio Kelemete, OG, Washington - B, I think the Patriots have really been drafting well and this is another instance of that. They're getting guys who have good value and not only that they seem to fall in positions of need. The Pats OL can use all the help it can get, while it's been good it's been masked a lot by scheme, Kelemete could come in and play from day 1 if he needs to, isn't really an upgrade at this point, but has the potential to be.

32 (127) Giants : Antonio Allen, S, South Carolina - C - this is just a good pick. It's nothing to write home about, but again the Giants don't really have a lot of glaring needs, with some of the unique 3 Safety sets they deploy it'll give Allen the time to get on the field in a limited basis and keep him fresh, while also choosing your spots as to not put him in over his head, good selection here.
dhunt2402

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work with this! Agree with everything you've said about the Patriots draft, wasn't a fan of the Robinson pick at all, but everything else has fallen exactly how we wanted it to.

Deadpulse on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> GM Mock Drafts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: