Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LOOPER (Rian Johnson, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Leader O'Cola


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1761
Location: An hour or so west of Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .
_________________
DIAF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bootsy


Joined: 19 Oct 2010
Posts: 541
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .


Rolling Eyes Please. Not funny. Not even close.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Leader O'Cola


Joined: 17 Jan 2012
Posts: 1761
Location: An hour or so west of Chicago
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .


Rolling Eyes Please. Not funny. Not even close.


really? it didn't presume the audience too stupid to process visuals and instead beat audience over hear with expository explanation?

or are we discussing a different film ?
_________________
DIAF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsfandan423


Moderator
Joined: 25 Feb 2006
Posts: 16651
Location: Greensboro, NC
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, awesome movie. I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but it's one of the better movies to have come out in the last 6 months. JGL and Willis were fantastic in their roles, and I was kinda surprised in the direction the movie went, but I thought it worked very well. I would definitely recommend it, I also thought it explained everything pretty good too.
_________________


Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
-Hope-


Joined: 16 Feb 2007
Posts: 21703
Location: The []_[]
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty enjoyable movie...very unique. That kid was creepy as hell.

The Bruce Willis badassery was great, as always. And there was some unexpectedly funny humor as well. "I'm from the future. Go to China." Laughing
_________________

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .


Rolling Eyes Please. Not funny. Not even close.


really? it didn't presume the audience too stupid to process visuals and instead beat audience over hear with expository explanation?

or are we discussing a different film ?


The better question is, does that narrative choice overshadow and negate the film's other many merits? I'd say it does not.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie. One of the best sci-fi movies in years. I think I'd probably put it right up there with Minority Report as an unexpectedly great post-2000 science fiction thriller.

I'd consider paying to see it again.
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
kenney


Joined: 24 Dec 2006
Posts: 11926
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:
saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .


Rolling Eyes Please. Not funny. Not even close.


really? it didn't presume the audience too stupid to process visuals and instead beat audience over hear with expository explanation?

or are we discussing a different film ?


Well, there was that scene in the diner where Bruce Willis explained everything to JGL...
_________________
davidpalmer714 wrote:
Kenney>Everyone else on here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 23489
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it but had questions. Can someone explain how the loops start each time?
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LostRoadStone


Joined: 06 Jul 2012
Posts: 1001
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie. Best sci-fi movie I've seen since The Matrix.
_________________


Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jrry32


Joined: 04 Jan 2011
Posts: 47817
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn good movie. I was thoroughly entertained. I liked that it was an "intelligent" movie. You had to stay in it the entire time and really pay attention. Left you thinking at the end and I honestly never saw the ending coming. It wasn't predictable, it wasn't overly dumbed down and it wasn't a total retread...great job.
_________________
The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 3665
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to take a stab and explain the end to me?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3334
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
Anyone want to take a stab and explain the end to me?


Obvious spoilers, I hope everybody here's seen it...

I think what happened is that JGL saw that if Bruce Willis killed Sara and the kid got away, it would be that horror of seeing his second mother figure killed, this time by another person, that turned him into the angry, hateful person that becomes the Rainmaker (kind of like the ending of 12 Monkeys in that it's Bruce Willis' actions that cause the event he's trying to stop). So to stop Bruce Willis from doing that, JGL shoots himself to end the loop. Now the kid that would be the Rainmaker gets (ideally) a peaceful childhood and doesn't become the Rainmaker. Not that the things he's seen wouldn't traumatize him almost as badly, but whatever.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ohiogenius


Joined: 11 Jul 2008
Posts: 3665
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Anyone want to take a stab and explain the end to me?


Obvious spoilers, I hope everybody here's seen it...

I think what happened is that JGL saw that if Bruce Willis killed Sara and the kid got away, it would be that horror of seeing his second mother figure killed, this time by another person, that turned him into the angry, hateful person that becomes the Rainmaker (kind of like the ending of 12 Monkeys in that it's Bruce Willis' actions that cause the event he's trying to stop). So to stop Bruce Willis from doing that, JGL shoots himself to end the loop. Now the kid that would be the Rainmaker gets (ideally) a peaceful childhood and doesn't become the Rainmaker. Not that the things he's seen wouldn't traumatize him almost as badly, but whatever.

Thats what I thought. That inception mention made me think there was more to it. I am with Bruce Willis on this one. That kid deserves to get pwned.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tinoynk


Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 3334
Location: UWS Manhattan, NYC
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:
Anyone want to take a stab and explain the end to me?


Obvious spoilers, I hope everybody here's seen it...

I think what happened is that JGL saw that if Bruce Willis killed Sara and the kid got away, it would be that horror of seeing his second mother figure killed, this time by another person, that turned him into the angry, hateful person that becomes the Rainmaker (kind of like the ending of 12 Monkeys in that it's Bruce Willis' actions that cause the event he's trying to stop). So to stop Bruce Willis from doing that, JGL shoots himself to end the loop. Now the kid that would be the Rainmaker gets (ideally) a peaceful childhood and doesn't become the Rainmaker. Not that the things he's seen wouldn't traumatize him almost as badly, but whatever.

Thats what I thought. That inception mention made me think there was more to it. I am with Bruce Willis on this one. That kid deserves to get pwned.


Well I guess the idea is that he doesn't become evil because of JGL's actions. For a second I thought maybe the kid was Joe, because the shot of him sitting on the train looked like the same kind of memory seeing that Bruce Willis had when he had the new memories of JGL's actions. But it'd be pretty hard to cover up the fact that he was the craziest telekinetic in the world, I think that scene was just him imagining what would happen.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group