Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

LOOPER (Rian Johnson, 2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .
bootsy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
saw it this morning. better than I expected, and fortunately as the guy above said, it's nothing like derpception .

Rolling Eyes Please. Not funny. Not even close.
Leader O'Cola

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:

really? it didn't presume the audience too stupid to process visuals and instead beat audience over hear with expository explanation?

or are we discussing a different film ?
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, awesome movie. I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but it's one of the better movies to have come out in the last 6 months. JGL and Willis were fantastic in their roles, and I was kinda surprised in the direction the movie went, but I thought it worked very well. I would definitely recommend it, I also thought it explained everything pretty good too.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 64 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
-Hope-

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty enjoyable movie...very unique. That kid was creepy as hell.

The Bruce Willis badassery was great, as always. And there was some unexpectedly funny humor as well. "I'm from the future. Go to China." Laughing

skywindO2 wrote:
Never spit it out. Always power through it.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:

really? it didn't presume the audience too stupid to process visuals and instead beat audience over hear with expository explanation?

The better question is, does that narrative choice overshadow and negate the film's other many merits? I'd say it does not.

Peppers90 on the sig.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie. One of the best sci-fi movies in years. I think I'd probably put it right up there with Minority Report as an unexpectedly great post-2000 science fiction thriller.

I'd consider paying to see it again.
kenney

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leader O'Cola wrote:
bootsy wrote:
Leader O'Cola wrote:

Well, there was that scene in the diner where Bruce Willis explained everything to JGL...
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it last night. Enjoyed it but had questions. Can someone explain how the loops start each time?

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
LostRoadStone

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie. Best sci-fi movie I've seen since The Matrix.

Quote:
DISCLAIMER: I am not a sports agent, a player, a coach, or an NFL front office executive and I don't play one on TV. So basically, there's a good chance I'm full of BS, but maybe not...
jrry32

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darn good movie. I was thoroughly entertained. I liked that it was an "intelligent" movie. You had to stay in it the entire time and really pay attention. Left you thinking at the end and I honestly never saw the ending coming. It wasn't predictable, it wasn't overly dumbed down and it wasn't a total retread...great job.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
ohiogenius

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to take a stab and explain the end to me?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:

Obvious spoilers, I hope everybody here's seen it...

I think what happened is that JGL saw that if Bruce Willis killed Sara and the kid got away, it would be that horror of seeing his second mother figure killed, this time by another person, that turned him into the angry, hateful person that becomes the Rainmaker (kind of like the ending of 12 Monkeys in that it's Bruce Willis' actions that cause the event he's trying to stop). So to stop Bruce Willis from doing that, JGL shoots himself to end the loop. Now the kid that would be the Rainmaker gets (ideally) a peaceful childhood and doesn't become the Rainmaker. Not that the things he's seen wouldn't traumatize him almost as badly, but whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinoynk wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

I think what happened is that JGL saw that if Bruce Willis killed Sara and the kid got away, it would be that horror of seeing his second mother figure killed, this time by another person, that turned him into the angry, hateful person that becomes the Rainmaker (kind of like the ending of 12 Monkeys in that it's Bruce Willis' actions that cause the event he's trying to stop). So to stop Bruce Willis from doing that, JGL shoots himself to end the loop. Now the kid that would be the Rainmaker gets (ideally) a peaceful childhood and doesn't become the Rainmaker. Not that the things he's seen wouldn't traumatize him almost as badly, but whatever.

Thats what I thought. That inception mention made me think there was more to it. I am with Bruce Willis on this one. That kid deserves to get pwned.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ohiogenius wrote:
tinoynk wrote:
ohiogenius wrote:

Thats what I thought. That inception mention made me think there was more to it. I am with Bruce Willis on this one. That kid deserves to get pwned.

Well I guess the idea is that he doesn't become evil because of JGL's actions. For a second I thought maybe the kid was Joe, because the shot of him sitting on the train looked like the same kind of memory seeing that Bruce Willis had when he had the new memories of JGL's actions. But it'd be pretty hard to cover up the fact that he was the craziest telekinetic in the world, I think that scene was just him imagining what would happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: