Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official St. Louis Blues Thread Welcome Tarasenko!! LGB
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tttmikeb

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know anything about the guys the Blues took? I read a bit about them on stltoday.com, but there really wasn't much there. Are these guys to be excited about? How long before we could maybe expect to see them in STL?

BTW, here's the link to the P-D story:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-stand-tall-at-nhl-draft/article_01e6ebe0-0ecb-5c61-98fb-b1a7b5ab0450.html

.flash on the sig
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
Anybody know anything about the guys the Blues took? I read a bit about them on stltoday.com, but there really wasn't much there. Are these guys to be excited about? How long before we could maybe expect to see them in STL?

BTW, here's the link to the P-D story:
http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/professional/blues-stand-tall-at-nhl-draft/article_01e6ebe0-0ecb-5c61-98fb-b1a7b5ab0450.html

Basically what JR had in that article. Schmaltz is a big guy that is an offensive defenseman from the right side. He needs to work on his defensive game quite a bit from what I've read, but most D his age aren't great in their own zone.

Bob McKenzie said this about him: "A skilled offensive defenseman who is a few years away"

JR tweeted earlier this morning, "Caught a cab w/ a Western Conference scout. Said his team had #stlblues 1st rd pick Jordan Schmaltz rated highly. Compared him to Mike Green"

Offensively, that would be great, but I hope like hell he is better in his own zone than Green who is basically a pylone in his zone.

They added a lot of size though, which is something that you need to win in this league. Both Boston and LA had big guys who could skate so I think that is the direction they are going to go after.

I'm going to try and read more scouting reports & find videos on these guys and field my own opinions on them. Seems like a pretty decent draft right now, but we won't really find out until 3-4 years down the road, just like any draft.

We need more people in this thread too! Laughing

El Ramster on this beaut!
bluesfreak74

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Strickland had this article about the draft picks and some other Blues stuff including rumors of someone the Blues could go after:

Here is the link.

El Ramster on this beaut!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Other Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: