Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Official Brooklyn Nets Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nets fans. You know what I told my friends whose a Brooklyn fan. I'd rather keep Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and the 2013 first rounder and sign Ilyasova than just get Dwight Howard. One, it provides a much deeper team, and theres more youth. Ilyasova is up and coming. While howard is the best big man i would take those 5 players over just Dwight anyday.

Clowney, Mack, Robinson, Matthews, or Barr to Atlanta in 2014!
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
Hey Nets fans. You know what I told my friends whose a Brooklyn fan. I'd rather keep Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, and the 2013 first rounder and sign Ilyasova than just get Dwight Howard. One, it provides a much deeper team, and theres more youth. Ilyasova is up and coming. While howard is the best big man i would take those 5 players over just Dwight anyday.

Are you trolling right now?

All of the guys that you would rather keep make Brooklyn a top four team in the Eastern Conference.

Adding Dwight Howard would bring Brooklyn into the top tier of the NBA along with Miami and Oklahoma City. A core four of Williams, Johnson, Wallace, and Howard would have a chance to win multiple championships.

All they'd need to add would be veteran big men chasing rings that are committed to playing defense and rebounding. As well as veteran shooters that are chasing rings to come off the bench and spread the floor. Similar to what the Miami Heat have on their bench.

When you have a chance to get a superstar especially considering the core they've already assembled you have to go for it. You're acting like Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humprhies and late first round picks is a lot to give up for Dwight Howard. He's a force in the paint and the best center in the NBA, he's much better than all of the assets I just named. He makes Brooklyn a complete team because he dominates the boards and can protect the rim. With Lopez and Humprhies inside there's no way Brooklyn can beat Miami or Chicago (Rose healthy) in a seven game series.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo_Spice wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:

All of the guys that you would rather keep make Brooklyn a top four team in the Eastern Conference.

Adding Dwight Howard would bring Brooklyn into the top tier of the NBA along with Miami and Oklahoma City. A core four of Williams, Johnson, Wallace, and Howard would have a chance to win multiple championships.

All they'd need to add would be veteran big men chasing rings that are committed to playing defense and rebounding. As well as veteran shooters that are chasing rings to come off the bench and spread the floor. Similar to what the Miami Heat have on their bench.

When you have a chance to get a superstar especially considering the core they've already assembled you have to go for it. You're acting like Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humprhies and late first round picks is a lot to give up for Dwight Howard. He's a force in the paint and the best center in the NBA, he's much better than all of the assets I just named. He makes Brooklyn a complete team because he dominates the boards and can protect the rim. With Lopez and Humprhies inside there's no way Brooklyn can beat Miami or Chicago (Rose healthy) in a seven game series.

How am I trolling? Please tell me. I'd like to know.

Underwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

He didn't say you were trolling. He asked if you were, because Howard + veterans playing for the minimum in order to win a championship > Lopez, Brooks, Humphries, Ilyasova, and the 1st rounder. I agree.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Underwood wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

He didn't say you were trolling. He asked if you were, because Howard + veterans playing for the minimum in order to win a championship > Lopez, Brooks, Humphries, Ilyasova, and the 1st rounder. I agree.

Why would anyone say "Yes I'm trolling" to that question. He obviously assumed I was trolling to ask a question like that. Not sure why you would bring it up, maybe cause I'm a Knicks fan whose opinion didn't agree with yours?

Here me out... I understand that Howard is the best C in basketball. We don't disagree there. I just think that those are some nice pieces that will be missed if traded. A C(Lopez) who is still very young and was injured all year, a SG(Brooks) who should take over for JJ after his contract is up, a first round pick which is valuable wherever it is in the draft. And the inability to sing Ilyasova who is 25years old and blossoming into a very nice big man. As well as Humphries who played pretty well last year.

Underwood

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:

Why would anyone say "Yes I'm trolling" to that question. He obviously assumed I was trolling to ask a question like that. Not sure why you would bring it up, maybe cause I'm a Knicks fan whose opinion didn't agree with yours?

Here me out... I understand that Howard is the best C in basketball. We don't disagree there. I just think that those are some nice pieces that will be missed if traded. A C(Lopez) who is still very young and was injured all year, a SG(Brooks) who should take over for JJ after his contract is up, a first round pick which is valuable wherever it is in the draft. And the inability to sing Ilyasova who is 25years old and blossoming into a very nice big man. As well as Humphries who played pretty well last year.

I was just saying that I thought he asked if you were trolling in order to demonstrate that he thought you were way off base, not because he actually thought you were trolling.

As far as the players go, the group that you would prefer to have are all solid players, it's just likely that none of them will ever be more than that. Also, that first round pick will almost surely be mid-round, not a place you can expect to snag a special player at. Howard would make that team elite. Those players don't.

Sig by Eaglezphan21
Bo_Spice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hotlanta12 wrote:
Underwood wrote:
Hotlanta12 wrote:
Bo_Spice wrote:

None of the players you named are elite though, and they never will be. With the core that they have and the guys you've named they're the fourth best team in the Eastern Conference. Honestly if the Nets pull of a trade for one of the top five players in basketball by only giving up Brook Lopez, Kris Humprhies, MarShon Brooks, and future first round picks they're absolutely robbing the Magic blind. I highly doubt anyone in the Nets organization would "miss" Brook Lopez, MarShon Brooks, Kris Humphries, or those late first round picks if they acquire Dwight because they'll be too busy planning the championship parade in Brooklyn.

But hey, they should totally keep all of those players and picks and not trade for Dwight Howard. They don't want to miss out on the elite talent that is Ilyasova.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest is that we are going to end up with either Dwight Howard or Ersan Ilyasova. As soon as we find a team to take Humphries, then we can go back to Orlando and say its now or never.

At the very least we should be expecting a starting five of the following:

PG: Deron Williams
SG: Joe Johnson
SF: Gerald Wallace
PF: Ersan Ilyasova
C: Brook Lopez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This past few weeks have been quite exciting for the few actual Nets fans. I agree a guy like Camby would be huge if we end up keeping Lopez.
gl81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Dwight Howard the Nets move up to the 2nd best team in the East, with the potential to overtake Miami depending on how quickly they gel.

Gerald Wallace trade suddenly not looking so bad.

^daboyle250
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gl81 wrote:
With Dwight Howard the Nets move up to the 2nd best team in the East, with the potential to overtake Miami depending on how quickly they gel.

Gerald Wallace trade suddenly not looking so bad.

it never really was that bad. who could they have taken there who would've been better? i think harrison barnes would've been nice, but the nets are ready to go now, and he's going to take a couple of years to develop.

El Ramster on the amazing work
bigbadbuff23835

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:
Latest is that we are going to end up with either Dwight Howard or Ersan Ilyasova. As soon as we find a team to take Humphries, then we can go back to Orlando and say its now or never.

Dear God, please grace us with Dwight. Pray

#JDI
Hotlanta12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:

At the very least would be Humphries instead of Ilyasova.

mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New York Green wrote:

worked at Piquant, right up the road on Flatbush. bought my Brooklyn Dodgers hat from Triangle sports.

moving back to NYC in a month, gonna get me a place in Brooklyn and hopefully get into basketball for the first time in my entire life.

should prob get a deron jersey.
candyman93

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really hoping you guys get Dwight and smash the Heat.

You've been here 7 and still haven't picked a team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Basketball All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 8 of 17

Jump to: