Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official 2012 NFL Draft Discussion Thread..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blueridge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Speed! I actually forgot Streeter was still on the board. His hands are a concern but he's another great fit for Cameron's offense.
How in the heck is is a WR with really bad hands a nice pick anywhere in the draft? Seriously. We could have gotten Marvin Jones in the 5th.
blueridge

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
aussie_raven77 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
aussie_raven77 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
aussie_raven77 wrote:
I didn't hate our draft, but I thought we could have done better with it
In the 4th I think we should have taken Crick with our early pick and if we really wanted Gradkowski then he would have been there with our late 4th pick
I would have passed on Deangelo Tyson and had a gamble on Andrew Datko since he was a pretty solid OT before he went down with the injury
I'd offer Vontaze and UDFA contract and just see how he really is

I hate when people say this. We have no idea who's going to be available when and in this draft especially guys who were projected as later picks were coming off of the board all over the place starting in the 3rd round (not counting Tavon Wilson).

Well Brewster was still on the board also. So I would have preferred we take Crick first in the 4th and any C later in the 4th because the gap in talent between Crick and the other DE's available was far greater than the talent difference between the C's. So I'm just looking at it with that perspective

Brewster went undrafted

I know, sorry I should have implied better that there was still multiple C's available and we could have got one of them with the later pick and the DE talent was thinning so that's why I would have gone for Crick first

I was disappointed at the time, but after reading up on how excited the Ravens coaches were to get him... we might've taken him anyway over Crick. It was mentioned that there were 2nd round grades on Christian Thompson and with the pick the Patriots made in the early 2nd round of Tavon Wilson... it wouldn't necessarily surprise me any. I trust Crick because I've seen him with my eyes, but at the end of the day... maybe Thompson was a steal. I liked him on tape from a physicality stand point. He has the athleticism you look for, so he's definitely an interesting guy and an interesting pick.

Also I like having gone after Gradkowski where we did. I like that we had our pick of the litter and made sure we got the guy that we valued the highest. I'd rather not have waited and hoped and had no control to do anything to move up and make sure we got "our guy". More than any other draft I've seen this has been a draft where teams have went out and got their guy, we couldn't be sure where Gradkowski would land. There were 3rd round grades on Gradkowski by the "smart" teams... and you never know if the Ravens maybe even higher. We've been up close and personal with the guy. So I like that he's the pick. We know exactly what we're getting in him.

I also like that he's a similar personality to Joe Flacco. That QB to OC relationship is an important one and I think Grad brings a very nice dimension. I'm interested in seeing him compete for the starting LG spot and with Birk's durability concerns because of his advanced age... we might even get a chance to see him play this season. I love the pick and am trusting Ozzie's judgment on this one.
You have gone to great lengths to try and rationalize why Ozzie got [inappropriate/removed] value in just about every round. A reach is a reach. Several reaches in one draft is ...not a good draft. Lombardi was being generous with a C grade.
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blueridge wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:
Jason La Canfora ‏ @JasonLaCanfora

Baltimore's QB, Joe Flacco, also from Delaware. Gradkowski had 3rd round grades from smart teams.

"From smart teams." LOL

Pretty blunt statement. But it's no secret that the Patriots, Packers, Ravens, Steelers, Giants, and maybe the Eagles are better at this than everyone else by leaps and bounds.
Oh yeah? The Ravens? They just took a 7th round, undersized, small school OL guy in the top 100! That's stupid. Like the Pats taking Tavon Wilson in the 2d. Or the Eagles trading up to take Brandon Graham in the first half of the 1rst round. Or the Steelers blowing 2nd round picks on Limas Sweed and Jason Worilds. Stupid is as stupid does.

So I've figured it out, you're a bengals fan. You've mentioned them in at least three threads now. 1) us signing cinci linemen 2) us trading out of the first because we lost out on zeigler and 3) here. It's pretty obvious.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
blueridge wrote:

Oh yeah? The Ravens? They just took a 7th round, undersized, small school OL guy in the top 100!

On what planet is 6'3" 300 undersized for a center? And other than that, what did you see in all the Delaware games you watched that you didn't like about him? Or from the South Carolina State and Cal-Poly games you watched for our other picks?

I know you don't respond to anything posted within the last two months.
Quote:
But maybe I'll get an answer in September

That's if he's even on this board in September, I predict he'll put his foot in his mouth far enough to get himself banned from this board.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not the place to put this, but the last few comments regarded the Ravens drafting so I thought I'd say. Also, I did an analysis on the team, check it out.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=493652

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 46, 47, 48
Page 48 of 48

Jump to: