You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide v2 (10-1) Lucky bastards
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da_Zou13

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
I feel like Saban was just writing his ticket to Texas with this one.

As a fellow SEC member, please let this happen. I would love Saban to leave the SEC lol.

Props to LOTO on the sig.
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for Nuss to take a head coaching job at a school like Colorado State. The play calling on the short yardage situations was just bad.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hearing things about Jacob Coker maybe transferring in and starting at QB next season.

Anyone else know anything about this.

EDIT: I'm now hearing that he's coming to Alabama whether he is able to graduate on time or not. If he isn't able to graduate by May from FSU, he has to sit out a year. If he is able to graduate, he can start playing next fall.

Apparently he would have to take extra courses in order to graduate early but that isn't impossible at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
I'm hearing things about Jacob Coker maybe transferring in and starting at QB next season.

EDIT: I'm now hearing that he's coming to Alabama whether he is able to graduate on time or not. If he isn't able to graduate by May from FSU, he has to sit out a year. If he is able to graduate, he can start playing next fall.

Apparently he would have to take extra courses in order to graduate early but that isn't impossible at all.

I hope he waits to see what happens with Winston. I'm not sure about Cokers injury or when he'll be back but I think Alabama fans would love him. He's a threat passing or running. If not for Winston being the phenom he is Coker would be leading this team to the title game. I think he's that good. He has great size too. Can see the whole field.
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:

Is Blake sims really that bad?

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
RollEagles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

Laughing

I don't know if he's that bad but I don't think he's good enough to be a starter for a top 5 team.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Philly wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

I don't know who to compare him to tbh. He's athletic but he's not very big, he doesn't have much of an arm at all and he makes poor decisions too often. Now granted the last part is something we saw early on A-Day which is a scrimmage but he couldn't even throw the ball away out of bounds correctly and threw multiple picks. Once he got burn in actual games he played ultra-conservative and mostly just handed it off or ran. I don't think he can make the throws downfield to keep the defense honest. They will stack the box every play and hurt our running game.

I don't see him starting over LDR who the staff LOVES. Plus you have Morris, Bateman and an incoming Cornwall.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MdTitansFan56 wrote:
What was Saban thinking? Why would you attempt a 57 yarder with 1 second left. Let alone the guy kicking it has 2 attempts in his career with his long being a 20 yarder. It was a good kick but come on a 57 yarder was to me ridiculous. Before the kick I said that would be hilarious if guy takes it to the house and then he did. I feel like Saban was just writing his ticket to Texas with this one. Tough loss Bama fans. Hopefully it springs OSU to 2.

It's kind of weird. When other teams lose big games, I don't go into their threads to run their face in it... Guess that's just me tho. Sigh.

I've already addressed this multiple times. There's never been a game decided like that before as Saban pointed out in his presser. It was a 57 yd FG attempt and I didn't have a problem with it bcuz it was Griffith. Anyone can no back into this thread to before the season to find me saying we should have Griffith kick all year long. He was a stud kicker, albeit still a kicker, in HS and has routinely made 60 yarders in practice and warmups all year.

If Foster came out to kick it, I would've been livid. But you have a chance at a game winning FG, even if it's a long one, you take it. I never suggested you completely change your blocking scheme to turn them all into gunners but there should've been at least 1 on the field. Someone like Collins or Jones who are special teams demons. Have them protect the edges and then take off downfield.

Lastly, I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think we would've won in OT either. We had multiple chances to put them away and we didn't. The refs were bad but on both sides so it's hard to blame that. We're putting together what might turn out to be the greatest recruiting class of all time. Saban is going to leave for Texas bcuz of a loss? Thanks for stopping by.

/de-trolled

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
thrILL!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost in the shuffle after the wild ending was this gem...

Had me jumping around my living room like a maniac. Laughing

ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ WAS the Heisman moment for AJ had we won. ^^^

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My family and our family friends were all sitting in the TV room and the room exploded when AJ completed that pass.

More I think about the loss, the more I realize that a lot of good can come out of this. It really should motivate our players even more. And I'm extremely excited about the future. With the 4 team playoff next season, we should essentially have a shot at winning a national championship every year that Coach Saban is here.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was A-MAZE-ING to see Alabama finally lose a game.

The only thing better than this loss was listening to people talk up Wisconsin prior to their game with PSU and pick them to win Big.

Man did Wisconsin look like trash.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it was A-MAZE-ING watching Alabama win 3 out of the last 4. And it is amazing knowing that Alabama is going to be extremely competitive for many years to come.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RollEagles wrote:
And it was A-MAZE-ING watching Alabama win 3 out of the last 4. And it is amazing knowing that Alabama is going to be extremely competitive for many years to come.

I agree with that, but as a College Football fan, I sort of get bored watching the same game over and over. So the possibility that someone else will get a turn is great. Listen, I have no hatred for Alabama and you'll never hear me deny how great they are. They are a great football team and they will be, as you said, years to come. The only way, imo, that changes is if Saban leaves.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

PSN (PS3) -- wwhickok
Strive to be Leah Strong! May God continue to Bless you Leah Still!
I_GET_SAX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
RollEagles wrote:

I agree with that, but as a College Football fan, I sort of get bored watching the same game over and over. So the possibility that someone else will get a turn is great. Listen, I have no hatred for Alabama and you'll never hear me deny how great they are. They are a great football team and they will be, as you said, years to come. The only way, imo, that changes is if Saban leaves.

If you have no hatred for Bama then why make it a point to come into this forum instead of one discussing the Iron Bowl loss for Bama instead of rubbing it into fans who are trying to cope with a loss like that after a great dynasty run.

Red Sox, Pistons, Tar Heels Basketball, Crimson Tide Football, Bruins Hockey, Tottenham Hotspur
*Adopt a Sox: Andrew Benintendi*

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 98 of 99

Jump to: