Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FM30's 2013 NFL Draft Thread (Updated DE/DT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see 1 Hurricane in the top 5. Maybe 2 if you like Seantrel Henderson which I don't. Ray Ray Armstrong finally gets it and IMO will turn heads this year. I think he'll be the clear #1 with T.J. McDonald at 2nd. Looking forward to seeing your rankings on DT as its stacked next year with Floyd, Short, and Lotulelei.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ColumbusCrewzer wrote:
Where are you planning on ranking Logan Thomas?

Quarterbacks are coming first. I'll probably get everything up today, maybe tomorrow as well.

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
coleman51

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know it's extremely early, but you'd have to believe if Barkley makes a run with USC like he did this past year, he will run away with all the top honors in college football including the first overall selection in the 2013 NFL draft.

Quote:
@jwyattsports 1h
#Titans safety Bernard Pollard on #Chiefs: “I’m mad at the fact they’ve decided to come here and play football in our stadium."

RIP Stylish313
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coleman51 wrote:
I know it's extremely early, but you'd have to believe if Barkley makes a run with USC like he did this past year, he will run away with all the top honors in college football including the first overall selection in the 2013 NFL draft.

I am not so sure. As many people did with Andrew Luck this year, Barkley will be under the microscope more than ever before. If people question his arm strength, his height (nitpicking), or something else, Tyler Bray can make a legitimate run for the first pick. I don't think its as close as some people think it is

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
coleman51 wrote:

I am not so sure. As many people did with Andrew Luck this year, Barkley will be under the microscope more than ever before. If people question his arm strength, his height (nitpicking), or something else, Tyler Bray can make a legitimate run for the first pick. I don't think its as close as some people think it is

How can you question Barkley's arm? From the film I've watched of him one of his best traits is his ability to zip the ball well over 55 yards downfield and still be accurate.
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
How can you question Barkley's arm? From the film I've watched of him one of his best traits is his ability to zip the ball well over 55 yards downfield and still be accurate.

Barkley's arm strength isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It shouldn't be an issue at the next level, and like the case with Andrew Luck, it's just a matter of people trying to find fault in him. But there is more to arm strength than just how far you can throw it. If you can't put zip on your passes, what good does that make how strong your arm is. Aaron Rodgers has one of the strongest, if not the strongest, arms not because he can throw it seventy yards down the field, but he puts tremendous velocity on the ball with tight rotation.

As for Barkley, you have to be worried with the recent lack of success among Trojan quarterback, but Matt Barkley should buck the trend. He comes from a pro-style offense and has shown the ability to make all the throws required. He's only got decent size, and he's shorter than ideal but he can get away with it. I think he's some maturity issues, but that might be nitpicking. It's just a general feeling I get when I hear him talk. Assuming he doesn't completely flop, he's got a great chance of vying for that #1 spot but comparing him to this year's quarterbacks, I think he's a clear #3 for me.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
paul-mac wrote:

Barkley's arm strength isn't bad, but it isn't great either. It shouldn't be an issue at the next level, and like the case with Andrew Luck, it's just a matter of people trying to find fault in him. But there is more to arm strength than just how far you can throw it. If you can't put zip on your passes, what good does that make how strong your arm is. Aaron Rodgers has one of the strongest, if not the strongest, arms not because he can throw it seventy yards down the field, but he puts tremendous velocity on the ball with tight rotation.

As for Barkley, you have to be worried with the recent lack of success among Trojan quarterback, but Matt Barkley should buck the trend. He comes from a pro-style offense and has shown the ability to make all the throws required. He's only got decent size, and he's shorter than ideal but he can get away with it. I think he's some maturity issues, but that might be nitpicking. It's just a general feeling I get when I hear him talk. Assuming he doesn't completely flop, he's got a great chance of vying for that #1 spot but comparing him to this year's quarterbacks, I think he's a clear #3 for me.

Haha, what he said. I currently have him number one though...as you can now see!

I have put up my QB rankings, but since I went with a different format than usual, it will take me longer, and I won't be able to have all of my positions up as quickly as I thought I would. But there they are

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Tyler Bray* | Junior
Height: 6’6 | Weight: 210
Projected Round: Top 10 | School: Tennessee

Sounds about right that he is the #2 QB and a top 10 pick. The only thing is I think he gained some weight (which should actually help him out some). Either way good placement.

As for others pretty accurate as well. I like Sean Renfree from Duke a good bit though. Well done man! I'm excited to keep comparing my thoughts with your analysis.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
I have put up my QB rankings, but since I went with a different format than usual, it will take me longer, and I won't be able to have all of my positions up as quickly as I thought I would. But there they are

Not sure I like the format of this thread to last year's one, but it's your thread.

Not sure Bray's production matches his lofty status you have for him. He's got the size and the arm to be a big time quarterback, but he just hasn't been able to match the on-the-field product with the quarterback talents he has. Love how well he spins, the ball but probably needs a strong year before we label him as a top ten prospect.

I question Tyler Wilson at 3 more than Bray at 2. Remember, Bobby Petrino's offense has a habit of making a quarterback look better than they are. He made Brian Brohm look like a legitimate #1 overall pick. That and the one year of production isn't exactly warming either. Reminds me too much of Jay Cutler with the way he slings the ball around.

Feel like you're sleeping a bit on Landry Jones. Yeah, he regressed a bit last year, but you take anyone's primary receiver and they're going to have trouble. Take Robert Woods away from Matt Barkley, and you're going to have some issues there too. Not a star, but he's a superior prospect to Ryan Tanehill right now.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
Quote:
2. Tyler Bray* | Junior

Sounds about right that he is the #2 QB and a top 10 pick. The only thing is I think he gained some weight (which should actually help him out some). Either way good placement.

As for others pretty accurate as well. I like Sean Renfree from Duke a good bit though. Well done man! I'm excited to keep comparing my thoughts with your analysis.

Definitely, if Bray can bulk up to 225 or so it would really help him stay on the field more. His biggest issue has been his history of injuries. He could very well be a top 5 pick when it is all said and done, but I need to see a little more out of him right now. Like a full college season for starters.

I like Renfree too and almost put him in over Nassib, but it was close. I will be keeping a close on him, though.

Good to know you will be following, I look forward to chatting with you more about things in the future. Speaking of which, which Tennessee receiver do you like better? I don't want to spoil my rankings, so I won't tell you who I personally prefer just yet, but I just wanted your opinion as a Vols fan.

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:

Not sure I like the format of this thread to last year's one, but it's your thread.

Not sure Bray's production matches his lofty status you have for him. He's got the size and the arm to be a big time quarterback, but he just hasn't been able to match the on-the-field product with the quarterback talents he has. Love how well he spins, the ball but probably needs a strong year before we label him as a top ten prospect.

I question Tyler Wilson at 3 more than Bray at 2. Remember, Bobby Petrino's offense has a habit of making a quarterback look better than they are. He made Brian Brohm look like a legitimate #1 overall pick. That and the one year of production isn't exactly warming either. Reminds me too much of Jay Cutler with the way he slings the ball around.

Feel like you're sleeping a bit on Landry Jones. Yeah, he regressed a bit last year, but you take anyone's primary receiver and they're going to have trouble. Take Robert Woods away from Matt Barkley, and you're going to have some issues there too. Not a star, but he's a superior prospect to Ryan Tanehill right now.

Really? If other people like the other format better, I guess I can go back to it. It will be easier for me, but I just thought it might look a little cleaner and provide more information. Last year looked pretty bland to me.

I agree that the production hasn't matched quite yet. I think part of the problem is the inability to stay on the field. He has all the talent, so I want to see him bulk up, stay on the field, and perform.

I like Wilson, I really do. Petrino is out this year, so we can see exactly how Wilson plays this year. I guess that will answer a lot of questions.

As for Jones, by the end of the season I just wasn't as high on him as I used to be. Just didn't really impress me all that much to be honest. I agree about the star receiver thing, but Stills is no slouch either. I don't think I said Tannehill was the better prospect, but if I did, I definitely didn't mean it

flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the running backs and full backs up as well. Depending on how lazy I get, I may get receivers and tight ends up as well.

adam9

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
Quote:
2. Tyler Bray* | Junior

Definitely, if Bray can bulk up to 225 or so it would really help him stay on the field more. His biggest issue has been his history of injuries. He could very well be a top 5 pick when it is all said and done, but I need to see a little more out of him right now. Like a full college season for starters.

I like Renfree too and almost put him in over Nassib, but it was close. I will be keeping a close on him, though.

Good to know you will be following, I look forward to chatting with you more about things in the future. Speaking of which, which Tennessee receiver do you like better? I don't want to spoil my rankings, so I won't tell you who I personally prefer just yet, but I just wanted your opinion as a Vols fan.

Definitely Justin Hunter as a player and a person. Da'Rick has had multiple problems with his academics and he has had problems with the coaching staff as well. Also (i'm sure you heard but I will say it anyways) he thought about transferring to GA State earlier this offseason. His character could drop him in the draft, but to me he also hasn't shown the complete football skills Hunter has. Hunter is faster, smarter on and off the field, and has better hands. The one thing Rogers does better is run routes. Hunter is more of a vertical threat type of player and has the speed and hands for it, I see Rogers more of an Anquan Boldin (possession receiver with crisp routes). The only way I see Rogers as a first round pick is if he works on his hands (he is very fast as well but Hunter could probably be an Olympic sprinter). The only way I see Rogers going higher is if Hunter can't heal fully from his injury.

Just looked and saw you posted RBs/FBs and haven't looked yet so I'll go check that out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like most of the RB rankings. I think Ray Graham could be that guy who could rise a lot if he recovers from his injuries.

The biggest snub- Kenjon Barner
-The guys an animal. I think he could possibly be the 3rd or 4th RB off the board. MLat is for sure 1. I like Lacy slightly better than Davis but both work. After that is where I personally would slot Barner. I also like Bernard on your list. Probably a mid-round guy who could make a huge impact for a team.

I can't say I know how to effectively scout FBs preseason, but I do think you should get a look at Ryan Hewitt from Stanford and Trey Millard from Oklahoma.

I'm thinking about getting me one of these started, but first I want to get all my scouting done.

I'm definitely interested to see what you have in store at other positions.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I like most of the RB rankings. I think Ray Graham could be that guy who could rise a lot if he recovers from his injuries.

The biggest snub- Kenjon Barner
-The guys an animal. I think he could possibly be the 3rd or 4th RB off the board. MLat is for sure 1. I like Lacy slightly better than Davis but both work. After that is where I personally would slot Barner. I also like Bernard on your list. Probably a mid-round guy who could make a huge impact for a team.

I can't say I know how to effectively scout FBs preseason, but I do think you should get a look at Ryan Hewitt from Stanford and Trey Millard from Oklahoma.

I'm thinking about getting me one of these started, but first I want to get all my scouting done.

I'm definitely interested to see what you have in store at other positions.

Barner is definitely an intriguing player, but its just something about Oregon running backs. I hated on Lamichael more than most people did this year, and I don't really like Barner as much as most people do either. I think its just the system that seems kind of whacked out to me. Its not really a good thing for me to take away from him, but it just bothers me.

I will take a look at those fullbacks that you mentioned. To be honest, a lot of the scouting I have done on fullbacks is just stuff that I have read. I didn't even know where to start, but the guys I have listed (and I have a few more on my spreadsheet) are the guys I will take a closer look at this season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10

Jump to: