Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FM30's 2013 NFL Draft Thread (Updated DE/DT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Offensive line rankings are posted

Check out my draft thread!
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michigan has two excellent offensive line prospects. Taylor Lewan will be a first rounder, and Patrick Omameh has massive potential and athletic ability.

Beast
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
Michigan has two excellent offensive line prospects. Taylor Lewan will be a first rounder, and Patrick Omameh has massive potential and athletic ability.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look out for them. Where along the line do they play usually?

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=490478t=447580&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
c0insnap

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Thanks for the heads up, I'll look out for them. Where along the line do they play usually?

Lewan is a left tackle... I thought he looked like a future first rounder last season, just needed to add some weight. Watched the spring game this year, he looked massive and just as nimble.

Omameh is a guard but he has the ability to play tackle, too. Still growing and learning the position. Thought he looked great last year, too.

Beast
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time to believe Dallas Thomas isn't in your top 10 OTs. He is a 3 year starter (will be 4), a team leader, and does more than hold his own in the SEC. I know I'm a Vol fan, but objectively I think he could be a high round pick.

Do think Fluker is the consensus #1 OT, and none of those picks were unreasonable.

I think Barrett Jones could be anywhere on the OL, but I expect him to be a C next season, either way he is elite no doubt. Also think Lane Taylor deserves to be a top 10 G.

C's are right on except for not having Barrett Jones, but like I said he could really plat T, G, and C.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
flyingmonkey30 wrote:
c0insnap wrote:

Lewan is a left tackle... I thought he looked like a future first rounder last season, just needed to add some weight. Watched the spring game this year, he looked massive and just as nimble.

Omameh is a guard but he has the ability to play tackle, too. Still growing and learning the position. Thought he looked great last year, too.

Forgot him in my analysis. Kiper has him as a top guy to watch for next season. Definitely worth looking in to.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
I have a hard time to believe Dallas Thomas isn't in your top 10 OTs. He is a 3 year starter (will be 4), a team leader, and does more than hold his own in the SEC. I know I'm a Vol fan, but objectively I think he could be a high round pick.

Do think Fluker is the consensus #1 OT, and none of those picks were unreasonable.

I think Barrett Jones could be anywhere on the OL, but I expect him to be a C next season, either way he is elite no doubt. Also think Lane Taylor deserves to be a top 10 G.

C's are right on except for not having Barrett Jones, but like I said he could really plat T, G, and C.

Offensive linemen are typically extremely hard for people without actual connections to grade. There are five starters on every team, I would say 3-4 out of 5 on most major conferences have NFL size and ability, and then there are always a few from smaller schools. Then there are always a bunch from even smaller schools that no one has ever heard of who will end up drafted relatively highly or blowing up out of nowhere.

It's why I usually only bother with the Elite or Upper Tier guys at this point, the rest of them are just fill-ins until the season starts and guys start to separate themselves.

Beast
adam9

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

c0insnap wrote:
adam9 wrote:

Offensive linemen are typically extremely hard for people without actual connections to grade. There are five starters on every team, I would say 3-4 out of 5 on most major conferences have NFL size and ability, and then there are always a few from smaller schools. Then there are always a bunch from even smaller schools that no one has ever heard of who will end up drafted relatively highly or blowing up out of nowhere.

It's why I usually only bother with the Elite or Upper Tier guys at this point, the rest of them are just fill-ins until the season starts and guys start to separate themselves.

I hear it man. I have a little homer in me as well. But on most sites he is a top 5-7 OT for next year's draft.

Also my personal thread is up as well. Not stealing the thunder, but I would definitely like discussions going on in both, as this is the first year I have posted my opinions this early into the draft process on FF. Stoked for this year of football at the Pro and college level.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking about it a little longer, now I'm really curious as to why Chris Gragg didn't make the TE list. Not just here, but I find it peculiar that I was hearing a lot about him not too long ago and now he's not on people's top 10 for tight ends. Hmm.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defensive Line prospects up. Sorry that they are all in the same post together

willy_law

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryan Swope will end up being one of the best WR's from this class. He will be more than Welker. With his Size and speed, he actually isnt too far off from a slightly less athletic Blackmon

TomRalph wrote:
Eli Manning is the devil.

2014 Draft Wish list - D.Coleman, T.Murphy, J. Verrett, L. Joyner
TheVillain112

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

willy_law wrote:
Ryan Swope will end up being one of the best WR's from this class. He will be more than Welker. With his Size and speed, he actually isnt too far off from a slightly less athletic Blackmon

Jordan Shipley is the comparison I believe you are looking for...

chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
adam9

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
willy_law wrote:

Jordan Shipley is the comparison I believe you are looking for...

Laughing
College careers, both pretty good. I think that Swope can be a real slot WR threat that I never saw in Mr. Shipley.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, been studying for exams this week. I have two more, but I should have time over the weekend to update my linebacker rankings for you

adam9

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Sorry guys, been studying for exams this week. I have two more, but I should have time over the weekend to update my linebacker rankings for you

It's all good man. I've been taking mine slow as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: