Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vikings 2013 NFL Draft Database
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 101, 102, 103  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's all hug and move on, i'd say.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Freakout

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking out loud....

I remember all the talk about Harrison Smith. He wasn't a play maker, don't expect big interception numbers, at best he will be a solid starter. If the Safety class wasn't so weak no way he would be ranked so high.

Instead I see a guy that loves playing football. While he may not ever lead the league in interceptions you can be sure players and coaches are going to be aware of him. You better believe the next time we play Detroit that Calvin Johnson will remember the hit Harrison laid on him.

What I like the most though is that Harrison Smith is the type of player that I want representing my favorite team.

Hell go back to when we drafted Chad Greenway. Everyone called him a safe pick with mixed opinions whether that was good or bad. Here we are all these years later and Chad has been terrific for us. If you step back and look, Chad and Harrison are pretty similar. Both are blue collar guys that just do their job, keep their nose clean, and never make excuses.

I guess what I am getting at is this. I know it is early but I am officially on the Manti Te'o bandwagon.

When looking at the draft, he is the one guy that I have no question about. When I think 5 years from now, I have no doubt in my mind that he will be a borderline Pro-bowl player. Maybe that is a safe way to look at the draft but I am O.K. with playing it safe. Being safe worked out great on Chad and is looking the same with Kalil.

While Te'o may not be a perfect fit for our defense you can be sure teams will be aware of him. Just like with Harrison, players will learn to be alert or else they may get their bell rung. I really feel that a player like Te'o is what is missing defensively to make this defense dominate.

That isn't a knock on Jasper Brinkley, I just feel that what we are seeing out of Jasper is a glimpse into what Te'o would bring just on another level.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1366043-stock-up-stock-down-for-2013-draft-prospects-nfl-week-6-edition/page/8

One of the guys I'm high on this year. I just really like the fact that he is versatile and can play in the slot against quicker guys. Kind of a 2-fer type of players that can excel right now on this team.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice safety class this year. A stark contrast to last year when there was only Mark Barron and Harrison Smith.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Very nice safety class this year. A stark contrast to last year when there was only Mark Barron and Harrison Smith.

I agree, I wouldnt mind adding a Safety early in the draft. However, all three of Raymond, Blanton and Sanford have shown good starting potential at some point this year. MN may be better off just sticking with those three competing for one starting spot next year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
Very nice safety class this year.

you guys follow the upcoming Drafts so much more and so much more in detail than i ever do or will.

what positions are relatively bountiful coming up, and which ones are skimpy?

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

you guys follow the upcoming Drafts so much more and so much more in detail than i ever do or will.

OG, DT, OLB, and S all look good to me.

WR, CB, and MLB are lacking a bit.

Of course, everything will change from now until then. Things usually always look better now then they do come March once these prospects are over analyzed.
biggsohnasty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Vikings perspective, this draft could be really solid for DT and S like last year when we needed CB help and were able to get Robinson, a 2nd round talent in the 3rd.

There are a bevy of DTs that will draw alot of interest, assuming declarations

Lotululei
Hankins
Short
Richardson
Williams
Jenkins

all could be off the board in the first 2 days along with others.

The safety class could be the best/deepest its been in a long time

Jefferson
Vaccarro
Rambo
McDonald
Elam
Reid
Lester

All 7 are arguably 1st round talents and probably from a prospect standpoint better then our own Harry Smith. Also, David Amerson the CB from NCSt could profile as a FS as he has been having a poor season and there is a notion that he could have trouple staying at CB in which case he would be the best "ball hawk" in either group

If we could get Short in the 1st and a guy like Vaccarro or McDonald in the 2nd I'd be a happy camper.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

OG, DT, OLB, and S all look good to me.

Of course, everything will change from now until then. Things usually always look better now then they do come March once these prospects are over analyzed.

Given that they need WR, OG, DT, S, that's not a bad list....
Kellerman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:

I actually like the WR class quite a bit this year. A lot of good H-W-S prospects, far more than last year.

The top of the draft is also better this year. Allen/Woods/Hunter > Blackmon/Floyd/Wright

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:

I actually like the WR class quite a bit this year. A lot of good H-W-S prospects, far more than last year.

The upside is also better this year. Allen/Woods/Hunter > Blackmon/Floyd/Wright

I agree, its a better class than last year. But that isnt saying much. Last year's WR class was borderline putrid.

this year's WR class is better than last years and there are a few mid 1st round guys I like in Terrance Williams and Cordarrelle Patterson. Both have the ideal HWS, and I think both have #1 potential. I have particularly been impressed with Williams.

Keenan Allen and Justin Hunter look like top 15 locks, Robert Woods could be in the coversation, but I dont think he is a good WR for the Vikes as I would prefer more of a possession guy who has the ability to make downfield catches in traffic.
Klomp

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the DE group? Can never have too many...
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres where our scouts are: http://www.chrissteuber.com/2012/steuber-draft-journal/2013-nfl-draft-week-7-scout-watch.html

Arizona State at Colorado
Navy at Central Michigan
Northwestern at Minnesota
Maryland at Virginia
Memphis at East Carolina
Klomp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone watch College GameDay today? They talked about a South Carolina player who was either a LB or DE, I think. Sounded like another Everson Griffen. Can't figure out who it was though.
PrplChilPill

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully they aren't scouting Shortell, he's awful.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 32 of 103

Jump to: