Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArcticNorseman wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:
I say we build a hell of a roster and keep Ponder, then when Johnny Football comes out, we sell the farm for him. Who's with me!

That's exactly the right thing to do. You need an elite quarterback these days. Without one you are nothing but a team that the other teams (who do have elite QB's) beat on their way to the Super Bowl.

I'd love to get Tebow in here, but I know there is no way it will ever happen. Barring that, your plan is undoubtedly the best course of action to take.

Unfortunately, what this team will more than likely do is build that great roster, and then pick the best quarterback available with the late first round pick we have at the time. They won't have the stones to pay the price like Washington did with RGIII.

Did I read this right? Tebow is viewed as an elite QB?

How?

Ponder is light-years ahead of Tebow when it comes to reading defenses and throwing the ball .... oh wait ... Uncle Buck's bein' funny lol.

It's fairly safe to say Ponder isn't "light-years ahead" of any QB at this point in time. I can understand making an argument against Tebow (though I don't think you've actually made one), but this can't be the reasoning behind it.

Peppers90 on the sig.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:
I say we build a hell of a roster and keep Ponder, then when Johnny Football comes out, we sell the farm for him. Who's with me!

That's exactly the right thing to do. You need an elite quarterback these days. Without one you are nothing but a team that the other teams (who do have elite QB's) beat on their way to the Super Bowl.

I'd love to get Tebow in here, but I know there is no way it will ever happen. Barring that, your plan is undoubtedly the best course of action to take.

Unfortunately, what this team will more than likely do is build that great roster, and then pick the best quarterback available with the late first round pick we have at the time. They won't have the stones to pay the price like Washington did with RGIII.

How?

Ponder is light-years ahead of Tebow when it comes to reading defenses and throwing the ball .... oh wait ... Uncle Buck's bein' funny lol.

It's fairly safe to say Ponder isn't "light-years ahead" of any QB at this point in time. I can understand making an argument against Tebow (though I don't think you've actually made one), but this can't be the reasoning behind it.

agreed ponder isn't light years ahead of anyone. There about the same when it comes to that. Tebow actually makes less mistakes than Ponder and I think we would be in a better position if we had him. I would be all for bringing Tebow on board if it wasn't for our coaching staff. I don't see how People view Ponder as an upgrade over Tebow its the exact opposite to me.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
ArcticNorseman wrote:
Uncle Buck wrote:
DJpillz317 wrote:

How?

agreed ponder isn't light years ahead of anyone. There about the same when it comes to that. Tebow actually makes less mistakes than Ponder and I think we would be in a better position if we had him. I would be all for bringing Tebow on board if it wasn't for our coaching staff. I don't see how People view Ponder as an upgrade over Tebow its the exact opposite to me.

I'm in agreement. I would take Tebow over Ponder for sure, if I had to make that choice, though I'm not all that fond of Tim as a franchise QB.

Peppers90 on the sig.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:

I'm in agreement. I would take Tebow over Ponder for sure, if I had to make that choice, though I'm not all that fond of Tim as a franchise QB.

As bad as Ponder is he IS light years ahead of Tebow as a passer.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

He is honestly not even close to light years ahead of him. Even stat wise he is not light years ahead of him. I'll take tebow stats and wins in a heartbeat over ponders stats and wins.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Can you explain it to me?

Peppers90 on the sig.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PurpleMugen wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Ponder can throw a forward pass. He doesn't throw it very far or accurately but it does go forward.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Ponder can throw a forward pass. He doesn't throw it very far or accurately but it does go forward.

Tebows thrown a forward just ask the steelers.
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

He threw it 15 yards. I could have made that pass and I haven't thrown a football in 2 years.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
ktarinze wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

He threw it 15 yards. I could have made that pass and I haven't thrown a football in 2 years.

Maybe not on that play but he threw and has thrown a couple of deep passes. Now the person you have to worry about throwing the deep ball is the QB on our team. I don't think that is a question with Tebow. He can throw it deep.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow's "deep" pass against the Steelers was a slant.
ktarinze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:

Wasn't just talking about that play and the argument was could he throw a forward pass.
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:
rpmwr19 wrote:

Wasn't just talking about that play and the argument was could he throw a forward pass.

Well that's just a silly argument then..

Laughing
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ktarinze wrote:

Maybe not on that play but he threw and has thrown a couple of deep passes. Now the person you have to worry about throwing the deep ball is the QB on our team. I don't think that is a question with Tebow. He can throw it deep.

Ponder actually has a few nice deep balls to his credit. The one to Jenkins against the Packers last season. He also threw a nice one to Harvin for 50+ yards against (I believe) the Falcons. I would glady replace Ponder right now but not with Tim Tebow.
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
PurpleMugen wrote:

Can't say this is the analysis I was expecting. Laughing

Peppers90 on the sig.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: