Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ponder 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lil Uno


Joined: 17 Sep 2007
Posts: 7995
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps Ponder's late struggles are due to a distraction. Laughing



Quote:
Christian Ponder may be more than friends with everyone's favorite ESPN reporter, Samantha Steele.
Life is certainly working out for Ponder, who is having a blast on and off the field. Regardless of whether he is dating Steele, he is certainly making those in Minnesota fairly happy.

The team has a winning record, and he has a solid 92.4 quarterback rating and has already passed for 1,434 yards.

Now, is he boyfriend material? Samantha Steele, we demand a response to that question.


http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1374712-christian-ponder-and-samantha-steele-hit-with-dating-rumors
_________________

Maxx Williams For Mackey


Last edited by Lil Uno on Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26405
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew I should have switched to QB before High School...
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ESPN has a reporter named Samantha Steele? That's news to me. I've never heard of her before.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75223
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

she's being groomed to replace Erin Andrews.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rpmwr19


Moderator
Joined: 23 Dec 2006
Posts: 26405
Location: Stillwater, MN
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was on the Longhorn network for a while but I think she's replaced Erin Andrews on gameday morning.
_________________
RPMs Viking Roster/Cap Tracker
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as replacing Erin Andrews.
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PurpleMugen


Joined: 05 Feb 2008
Posts: 4019
Location: Rutgers University
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also relevant to the topic of the thread: ESPN1500 article outlining what Ponder identifies as the cause of his accuracy problems in the Washington game - footwork.

Quote:
"I'm not making bad decisions," Ponder said. "It's just something that's easily correctable. I think a lot of it has to do with my footwork and that's something I'll work on this week."


http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Poor_footwork_disrupting_accuracy_Vikings_QB_Christian_Ponder_says101712
_________________

Peppers90 on the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75223
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A year ago today, Ponder was officially named the Vikings' starting quarterback, supplanting Donovan McNabb before a Week 7 game with Green Bay. So how'd those first 365 days as a starter go?

Here's the quick statistical report on Ponder's first 16 starts: 293-for-484, .605 completion percentage, 3,188 yards, 21 TDs, 17 interceptions, 43 sacks, five lost fumbles, 301 rushing yards.

For comparison's sake, match those numbers against Eli Manning's first 16 starts in 2004 and '05: 258-for-494, .522 completion percentage, 3,079 yards, 21 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 26 sacks, two lost fumbles, 42 rushing yards.

And here's Drew Brees in 2002: 320-for-526, .608 completion percentage, 3,284 yards, 17 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 24 sacks, no lost fumbles, 130 rushing yards.

That's not to say Ponder is guaranteed to one day secure a Lombardi Trophy. But it is at least a somewhat notable growth chart to use.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/174668391.html?refer=y
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AP_allday2869


Joined: 23 Nov 2008
Posts: 6597
Location: University of Iowa
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalil is hilarious:


Quote:
Found a picture @cponder7 house when he was a kid!



_________________



Adopt a Viking:
Chris Cook: Tackles: 5 Ints: 0 BP: 1 Ejections:1

Bridgewater or Bust!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 15113
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Is that really him?

This week will be a huge test for Ponder and our offense. The Cardinals have been excellent defensively this season, and haven't any QB go off on them yet.

We'll need to score early, and not put ourselves in a situation where we are throwing multiple times towards Patrick Peterson and co. He's becoming one of the best CBs in the league, and QBs have something to fear in Arizona.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Kellerman


Joined: 16 May 2010
Posts: 3626
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking news boys: it's legit!

Tom Pelissero reporting:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Christian_Ponder_dating_ESPN_reporter_Samatha_Steele_Big_news_huh101912

Quote:
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Christian Ponder noticed the crowd growing around his locker on Friday afternoon and couldn't help but laugh.

"This is big news, huh?" the Minnesota Vikings' quarterback said. "Good Lord."

Yes, Ponder is dating Samantha Steele, the ESPN sideline reporter he met a couple months ago on the set of "College GameDay."

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 75223
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kellerman wrote:
Quote:
Yes, Ponder is dating Samantha Steele, the ESPN sideline reporter he met a couple months ago on the set of "College GameDay."

they would make very pretty babies.
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
milanb


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 6177
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
A year ago today, Ponder was officially named the Vikings' starting quarterback, supplanting Donovan McNabb before a Week 7 game with Green Bay. So how'd those first 365 days as a starter go?

Here's the quick statistical report on Ponder's first 16 starts: 293-for-484, .605 completion percentage, 3,188 yards, 21 TDs, 17 interceptions, 43 sacks, five lost fumbles, 301 rushing yards.

For comparison's sake, match those numbers against Eli Manning's first 16 starts in 2004 and '05: 258-for-494, .522 completion percentage, 3,079 yards, 21 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 26 sacks, two lost fumbles, 42 rushing yards.

And here's Drew Brees in 2002: 320-for-526, .608 completion percentage, 3,284 yards, 17 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 24 sacks, no lost fumbles, 130 rushing yards.

That's not to say Ponder is guaranteed to one day secure a Lombardi Trophy. But it is at least a somewhat notable growth chart to use.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/174668391.html?refer=y


Christian Ponder in 2011-2012 (through week 6 of the 2012 season):
301COMP 502ATT 60.3% 3,287YD 21TD 17INT 79.5RAT

Tarvaris Jackson in 2007-2008:
259COMP 443ATT 58.4% 2,967YD 18TD 14INT 79.1RAT
_________________

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 15113
Location: Gibsonia, Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only stats told the whole story, huh?

Christian Ponder is a far superior QB to Tarvaris Jackson. As young QBs they both had some of the same troubles, noticably down the field passes, standing tall in the pocket, footwork etc. but Ponder is a much better QB. I judge that based on the things stats can't tell you.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
loganhelland


Joined: 03 May 2007
Posts: 394
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
A year ago today, Ponder was officially named the Vikings' starting quarterback, supplanting Donovan McNabb before a Week 7 game with Green Bay. So how'd those first 365 days as a starter go?

Here's the quick statistical report on Ponder's first 16 starts: 293-for-484, .605 completion percentage, 3,188 yards, 21 TDs, 17 interceptions, 43 sacks, five lost fumbles, 301 rushing yards.

For comparison's sake, match those numbers against Eli Manning's first 16 starts in 2004 and '05: 258-for-494, .522 completion percentage, 3,079 yards, 21 touchdowns, 18 interceptions, 26 sacks, two lost fumbles, 42 rushing yards.

And here's Drew Brees in 2002: 320-for-526, .608 completion percentage, 3,284 yards, 17 touchdowns, 16 interceptions, 24 sacks, no lost fumbles, 130 rushing yards.

That's not to say Ponder is guaranteed to one day secure a Lombardi Trophy. But it is at least a somewhat notable growth chart to use.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/174668391.html?refer=y


Christian Ponder in 2011-2012 (through week 6 of the 2012 season):
301COMP 502ATT 60.3% 3,287YD 21TD 17INT 79.5RAT

Tarvaris Jackson in 2007-2008:
259COMP 443ATT 58.4% 2,967YD 18TD 14INT 79.1RAT

Jackson first 16 GP
218/375 58.1% 2386YD 11TD 16INT 69.0RAT
Ponder first 16 GP
267/449 59.4% 2935YD 19TD 15INT 79.1RAT
This is a more apples to apples assessment between the 2.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 38 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group