Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

New Regime Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: New Regime Mock Draft Reply with quote

I know I've already done a few, but screw it, we suck and I just can't wait until Andy is fired and we clear house.

The Eagles finish 7-9 and clear house on the coaching staff.

Vic Fangio (49ers Defensive Coordinator is the new head coach. Former Raiders head coach Hue Jackson is brought in as the offensive coordinator (Coached with Fangio in Baltimore), while the new defensive coordinator is current Packers Outside Linebackers Coach Kevin Greene (Both he and Fangio are from the Dom Capers tree).

Head Coach : Vic Fangio

Offensive Coordinator / Quarterbacks : Hue Jackson

RB Coach / Assistant Head Coach : Wilbert Montgomery
WR Coach : Dan Ferrigno
TE Coach : Adam Henry
OL Coach : John Matsko

Defensive Coordinator / Outside Linebackers : Kevin Greene (Fangio calls the defense)

DL Coach : Diron Reynolds
LB Coach : Scott McCurley
DB Coach : Jerome Henderson (I have Dallas' Staff getting canned)

ST Coordinator : Eric Sutulovich

Fletcher Cox will be moved to DE, where he will play the role that Justin Smith played in San Francisco. Brandon Graham will be switched to LOLB, in a role by most accounts fits him better than DE. Trent Cole is also converted to LB as a starter, and he certainly has the athletic ability to do it. With Cole's violent hands, getting a running start will make him that much more dangerous. Curry and Hunt will both also be kicked to OLB, but the snaps will be dominated by Cole on the weakside and Graham on the strong side. The 3-4 will be a part time defense however until we get all the pieces in place for a full time switch.

Freeing up money
Michael Vick (15.5), Demetress Bell(9.5), Jason Babin(4.225), Mike Patterson($2.9), Jason Avant ($2.0) and Danny Watkins ($1.1) are all cut.

Jason Peters agrees to take a $3 million dollar paycut, taking his salary from 10.4 to 7.4 million. That 3 million dollars becomes a 2014 roster bonus however.

Nnamdi Asomugha also takes a pay cut, taking his salary to $10 million from about $15 million but his 2013 salary becomes guaranteed, and the $5 million freed up becomes a roster bonus next year (which, if he doesn't play lights out, will be declined since he has no more guaranteed $ on his contract).

These moves ($43 million off next seasons cap number), in addition with the salary free from this season rolled over to next(Currently $22,642,840 per Eaglescap.com) create a ton of cap room for us. If we could I would cut Evan Mathis, but since it would cost more to cut him than keep him, he stays. Its been reported however the Eagles may need 18-20 million in rollover money to be under the projected cap next year, so the free cap is about $45-47 million

Free Agents Re-Signed
OT King Dunlap : Solid Backup, 1.1 million

LB Akeem Jordan : Good Special Teamer, Can backup at either ILB position in a pinch. 1.5 million

CB Dominique-Rodgers Cromartie : Bring back your young, upper echelon #2 corner who has been apart of a top notch corner duo when used correctly. 8 million per season.

SS Colt Anderson : Special Teams Ace. $700,000 (Vet Mininmum)

LS Jon Dorenbos : Best LS in the game, hot wife, whats not to like. $925,000 (Vet Minimum) because he's awesome and helps the team.

Free Agency
The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Offensive Tackle Jake Long to a 6 Year Contract.

Long comes in as the left tackle in new coach Hue Jackson's new man blocking scheme. McCoy has run behind a man blocking line before, so he fits, and kicks Jason Peters to RT and Herremans back inside. He is also a fit for the run heavy play action scheme Jackson is bringing in. Brought in for around 12 million per year.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Defensive Tackle Isaac Sopoaga to a 3 Year Contract.

Fills the big need of a nose tackle who knows the system, Sopoaga allows us to wait to draft a nose until looking for a developmental guy. Sopoaga isn't a star, but he's a load to move in the middle of the defensive line, and this allows other defensive players to get free and make plays in the running game. His pay comes in at about 3.5 million per season.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign Safety DaShon Goldson to a 5 Year Contract

Goldson like Sopoaga, follows his defensive coordinator to Philly. He brings the physical presence in the back end we have lacked for a while, and can cover as well. He steps right in as the starting free safety. Needing to free cap room the 49ers have to let he and Sopoaga walk as they will have to free up money to re-sign some of Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman, Justin Smith, Anthony Davis, Mike Iupati, Frank Gore, and Alex Smith before 2015. He'll make about $5.5 million in year one.

The Philadelphia Eagles Sign OL Eben Britton to a 2 Year Contract

Brought in for depth, but could be a reclamation project for this new staff. 1.1 million.

Free Agency money spent in year 1 : $22.1 million spent on free agents, basically the rollover money. Add in the $12.225 We spent retaining our own players and we still have about $11 million in free cap room going into the draft. What isn't uses on the rookies will be rolled over to next offseason, which we will be able to cut several other players we can't cut now due to cap ramifications (Cullen Jenkins, Nnamdi Asomugha, and to a degree Evan Mathis although with the dead money we'd just break even in that case).

Draft

With the 11th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Quarterback Tyler Wilson, Arkansas

Wilson has all the tools you want in a franchise quarterback, size, strong arm, accurate thrower, toughness and poise in the pocket, fairly mobile, and a quick release. That said there are 2 major question marks, the first is a history with concussions that will likely scare some teams off, and the second is his confidence in his arm that leads to him throwing into triple coverage Jay Cutler style. That said, he's a talented player, who is the best player available at the biggest need and most important position. Putting him with Hue Jackson who will run the football with McCoy will help him a lot.

4 Year, $11,410,000 contract, 1st Year Cap Hit : $2,073,182

With the 42nd Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech

Rogers comes in as the 3rd receiver, who comes in as the main redzone target, and eventually surpasses Maclin as the #2. Since Maclin or Jackson can't play the slot, bringing in Rogers makes a lot of sense, as he can play the slot, as well as being the physical, YAC threat that compliments the deep ability of the 2. Rogers, if not for some issues off the field, he would likely be a top 15 pick. He's the wide receiver version of Janoris Jenkins last year in that, while he may be the best player at his position in the class, his off field issues and changing of schools will cause teams to shy away in the first.

Signs a 4 Year, $4,868,218 contract, 1st year cap hit: $884,871

With the 72nd Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive Tackle, Sylvester Williams, North Carolina

Williams is a very raw football player, but physically he is what you want in your nose tackle as a big strong 320 pounder who is an ox and has plus athletic ability. He shows flashes at UNC but is a project at this point, and will need at least one year to sit behind a veteran and develop, but the talent is there, and he could be a stud of a nose tackle in the NFL for Fangino

Signs a 4 Year, $3,017,524 contract, 1st year cap hit : $562,232

With the 105th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Inside Linebacker, Nico Johnson, Alabama

Brought in as the long term TED backer, and while Ryans will get a shot to prove he can play in a 34 defense, Johnson is insurance in case he cant, and is the long term guy next to Kendricks. He's a downhill backer who isn't the best coverage guy, but playing next to Kendricks he'll just ask to be the downhill hammer against the running game. Johnson is a talented football player who really didn't get the playing time he should have because of the multitude of linebacker talent Nick Saban had over the years at Bama. He's not a full time player, but in running downs and goal line he could be a player in the NFL. Also he, like Kendricks, give us options in the 34 as he's played inside and outside.

Signs a 4 Year, $2,619,693 contract, 1st Year Cap Hit : $520,203

With the 146th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Wide Receiver, Chad Bumphis, Mississippi State

We add a legitimate return man who can also be an option as a slot receiver behind Da'Rick Rogers, Bumphis has impressive speed and acceleration to get up field on punts and kick off returns. He reminds me a lot of Jeremy Kerley of the Jets, and will be a guy who gives us good positioning in the return game.

Signs a 4 Year, $2,359,392 Contract, 1st Year Cap Hit : $454,991

With the 182nd Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Center Graham Pocic, Illinois

Pocic is a bigger man blocking center, and while I think Kelce is capable in a man scheme, we need some insurance in case he can't. Pocic is a big guy for a center, and is strong, but lacks the lateral agility to block quicker interior lineman. I think Kelce will be fine, as most centers even in man schemes are around 295 and he's shown the strength to be able to hold guys like Jay Ratliff last year, but Pocic at worst, is a better backup than Reynolds.

Signs a 4 Year, $2,205,803 Contract 1st Year Cap Hit : $413,033

With the 218th Overall Pick, the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Defensive End, William Campbell, Michigan

A lot like the selection of Bryce Brown last year, we use this 7th round pick to take an ultra talented former 5 star recruit who has't lived up to expectations at Michigan, but has the size and length to be a formidable 34 end. He has all the tools to be a star in the NFL, and if he can live up to his talent, he could be the long term LDE.

Signs a 4 Year, $2,161,000 Contract 1st Year Cap Hit : $390,000

With the 229th Overall Pick (Colts), the Philadelphia Eagles Select…Outside Linebacker, Wes Horton, USC

Another guy who is ultra talented, but hasn't lived up to his physical skills either, but he fits the mold of a 34 edge rusher at linebacker, and could be another 7th round steal based on talent. In the 7th round you draft projectable talent in my opinion, and thats what we do here.

Signs a 4 Year, $2,150,000 Contract, 1st Year Cap Hit : 385,000

$5,683,512 Spent on draft picks, meaning we still have $5,683,501 in cap space to be rolled into next year, when we can cut Asomugha, Jenkins, and Mathis. And also leaves us a roster of:

Wilson // Foles // Edward
McCoy // Brown // Polk
Havili
Celek // Harbor
Long // Dunlap
Mathis // Britton
Kelce // Pocic
Herremans // Menkin
Peters // Kelly
Jackson // Cooper
Maclin // Johnson
Rogers // Bumphis

Jenkins // Campbell
Sopoaga // Williams
Cox // Thorton
Graham // Hunt
Ryans // Johnson
Kendricks // Jordan // Chaney
Cole // Curry // Horton
Rodgers-Cromartie // Marsh
Boykin
Allen // Anderson
Goldson // Coleman
Asomugha // Hughes

Henery
McBriar
Dorenbos

Green = Free Agent
Red = Rookie

Birdwatch: Mychal Kendricks
TCK:10 TFL:1 SCK:0 INT:0 FF:0 FR:1
Remixxxxxxx

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jake Long is a dream, unlikely, but I'll roll with it.

A+ for the whole thing, really like everything you've done here - not a very big fan of Greene as a DC, but nothing major.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it, Not sure about Kevin Greene as DC, he's that fiery crazy type guy that makes a good position coach ...but if Fangio is calling the plays that's fine. Would he serve as the OLB coach too?

I'm very wary of switching to the 3-4...we have a couple pieces but it'd be a year or two before we could really get a full 3-4 defensive personnel in place...and who knows how the ends will play as OLBs....I always thought Trent could do what Suggs does in the Ravens 3-4.

I here this is an strong draft class though for NTs, and they are one of the most if not the most important cog of the 3-4 so I guess if we make the switch next year is as good as any.

I don't think Jake Long will go anywhere, it'd be awesome, but The Dolphins are actually playing well and have a ton of room to outbid us.

I like the draft, I want to see what Foles can do...but we can't pass up a top QB like that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really want to go into a season with no real OLB in a 3-4?

You're joking right?

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjapirate wrote:

You're joking right?

Not a full blown 34, its only part time. Either way, I was going back and forth between keeping Foles and taking an OLB like Dion Jordon.

And the Jets have done it for what the past 5 years and been successful, and we have better pure pass rushers then they do.

Its a rebuild anyway, so its not a huge deal. It will take 2 years to make it work, but we need to improve the offense and defense. With a huge hole at QB and Rogers being the BPA in the 2nd, there isn't any room to add a 34 OLB right now. With us cutting Nnamdi, Mathis, and Jenkins next year, its very doable.

RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
ninjapirate

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:
ninjapirate wrote:

You're joking right?

Not a full blown 34, its only part time. Either way, I was going back and forth between keeping Foles and taking an OLB like Dion Jordon.

And the Jets have done it for what the past 5 years and been successful, and we have better pure pass rushers then they do.

Its a rebuild anyway, so its not a huge deal. It will take 2 years to make it work, but we need to improve the offense and defense. With a huge hole at QB and Rogers being the BPA in the 2nd, there isn't any room to add a 34 OLB right now. With us cutting Nnamdi, Mathis, and Jenkins next year, its very doable.

Even in a rebuild OLB has to be like priority 2.

Thanks Kilty
RainbowCarebear wrote:
Was the dog eating the child?
Meco

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we sign Jake Long, Isaac Soawhatever and Dashon Goldson? ENDLESS MONEY FTW.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without the Jake Long signing I'm still fine with this. As long as we don't go like less than 5 wins or fire our HC after one season(See: Al Davis) I'm completely fine.

A- Smile
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Except, we actually have the money to do so if you read.

We actually spent a more when we got Nnamdi, Jenkins, Babin, and VY 2 offseasons ago.

oland11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we ended up signing Isaac Sopagagagagawagah I would get a customize jersey just saying "LongName"
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Isaac Soawhatever
Quote:
Isaac Sopagagagagawagah

It's funny how people will take the time to learn a name like Nnamdi Asomugha or Akwasi Owusu-Ansah (during draft a few years ago), but they'll neglect learning and end up trying to make fun of Samoan/Tongan names. Laughing How do you pronounce our FB's name? Stanley Hiyvailee?

Growing up in Hawaii, names like that were common to me, so it's always a little surprising.
baconrad3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

If we cut the guys we all expect..we easily have enough money to do that

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Watkins salary next year is fully guaranteed.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Danny Watkins salary next year is fully guaranteed.

hmm, well, keep him on the roster and neglect that I picked up Britton (same cap hit FTW!) Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: