Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
packattack86

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would any of you guys want Manti Te'o if he falls? With this scandal around him he may fall.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:
Would any of you guys want Manti Te'o if he falls? With this scandal around him he may fall.

I don't think he is an upgrade over either Bishop or Hawk, so no.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
Who would be your guy's target?

1] Tyler Eifert
2] Sharrif Floyd
3] Keenan Allen
4a] Phillip Thomas
4b] Tony Jefferson
6] Robert Woods
7] Xavier Rhodes (as S)
8] Jesse Williams

EDIT: Didn't see Keenan Allen wasn't taken Shocked

Doing a mock elsewhere...obviously. Patterson went. We took Allen. Then Terrance Williams went heh.

I'm lukewarm on it but I couldn't convince myself to pass.

Targeting Phillip Thomas in R2 if possible I believe is the plan.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packattack86 wrote:

Round 1? Absolutely not.
Round 2? Depends on the board, leaning towards "no" though.

The real question I have about Te'o, honestly, is how much of his edge is he going to lose from being humiliated on an unprecedented scale for an NFL draft prospect.

But I didn't have a first round grade on Te'o to begin with, before we knew his girlfriend was a fabrication.
mxr124

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Let's say he's equal to Hawk. Wouldn't it be smart to replace Hawk with a younger, less expensive, solid starter? Sure would help our cap situation to resign others, no?
spilltray

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mxr124 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Let's say he's equal to Hawk. Wouldn't it be smart to replace Hawk with a younger, less expensive, solid starter? Sure would help our cap situation to resign others, no?

I'd call that a waste of a first round pick.

And no, cutting Hawk would cost more than it would save.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Thought it was only slightly less expensive to cut him? Somebody has to be inactive, and so long as its roughly the same both ways I can't see him getting cut.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
spilltray wrote:
mxr124 wrote:
spilltray wrote:
packattack86 wrote:

Thought it was only slightly less expensive to cut him? Somebody has to be inactive, and so long as its roughly the same both ways I can't see him getting cut.

Even if Hawk is cheaper to cut than keep, you don't cut Hawk and then draft a player who's really no better with your first pick in the draft. It just doesn't make sense. You could have kept Hawk and then gotten a player who's actually an upgrade on the field at a different position.
palmy50

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Palmy, with guys like Moore, Jordan, Ansah, Werner, Jones and Lemonier rising up boards, what are the odds that we could see someone like Sam Montgomery or Mingo fall to #26? The last three years we've seen some nice prospects in Bulaga, Sherrod and Perry fall to our low 1st round pick and from what I've gathered it could be another DE/OLB that falls this year as well. I'm not giving up on Perry by any means, but pass rushers are a breed that you can't have too many of. The moment Clay or Perry go down, the fall to Walden or Moses is immense, there need to be more talent infused there.

If one of those two fall, it's going to be Montgomery. Mingo can play in any fit and there is just too much upside there for him to last all that long. There is some depth in the high board there though. Guess any of them could fall at this stage in the process. Moore, Mingo, and Jones are the three I'm just about sure will be gone by the Packers slot though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
I really want Shariff Ffloyd at 26. Kid would be excellent as a 3-4 DE.

Could not agree more! There are a hand full I would love to see in Green Bay and Floyd is on that short list. Not sure he will be there after they all see his movement skills in shorts though. Every coach will think he can make him the next Sapp and every GM will feel good about the kid. If he is there at 26 though I'll be at least at some level upset if the Packers don't hand that card in. I missed out on Floyd once and would love to see him develop on a team I respect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floyd is this draft's Fletcher Cox it seems. Will Kawaan Short be there at 26 though?
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
Floyd is this draft's Fletcher Cox it seems. Will Kawaan Short be there at 26 though?

Cox was a good bit more physical and felt "safe" because of it. But yes, that's his game for the most part.

That's Short's tier for me as it stands today. He might go up or down a tier in the process but there is no reason to think he can't be there at this point. Great body type for the fit also. Hope he comes to the combine in shape though. That staff had him listed a good 20lbs less than he played last year, I bet. Pickett's contract is about to run dry though. Short might be the best comparison to a prime years Pickett in this draft class.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know that someone like Short could most likely be there.
palmy50

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
That's good to know that someone like Short could most likely be there.

Nothing sexy about him that will push his board. Just a real sound prospect.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember people wanting Short in the 1st last year here. I like him. Probably won't be BPA though. Might be BVA depending on the DL and WRs that go before him.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: