Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pollino14

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
No chance we get Teo now. Dude is playing lights out. Whoever drafts him is going to get one hell of a player and more importantly one hell of a human being.

Rey Maualuga all over again IMO.

Kids one hell of a football player but needs to run well enough for some to clip him on their high board. Lord knows 3rd down value is key in the eyes of many when it comes to LB prospects. That said, Teo could be a rockstar in this Packers fit and I bet most 30 front teams in general will show love there.

Teo fits in every way but I'm not sure TT will feel the need with the group at hand right now all under contract for a few years. TT has a habit of drafting players high at spots where the paper is about to run dry, a la Neal, Cobb, Sherrod, ect.

I think he's a lot better than Rey. Teo is a guy who can change defenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I Am Rodgers wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
BTW, I would sell the farm to get Star. Think about what this defense would be Shocked

I wouldn't only because I think a guy like John Jenkins could also make this defense pop. I need to see more, but he looks like Raji with more anchor and slightly less pass rush. I doubt we pick anywhere close enough to even venture a trade up for either though. Both will go top 15.
I dont think you would see the gains from Jenkins like you would from Lotulelei. A fresh Lotulelei is damn near unblockable, that bull rush is just devastating. I am super high on Jenkins, there aren't many guys that big that have that kind of movement. That said, what Lotulelei brings to the table, I'd give up what ATL gave up to go get that guy. Raji is a damn fine football player and would only be better if we had a guy who could spell him, same said for Star.

Duff Man wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Josh Sitton, Mike Daniels

Average at best

Conductor of the Gerod Holliman Hype Train
jmoney

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody seen much of Jake Knott? I haven't seen much of him, but from what I've seen, I think he could make a very good 2 down SILB. He's actually quite a bit like Hawk IMO, except he has a little more height and seems to be more instinctive in coverage. I think he could be a great two down cheap option that could be had in the mid rounds.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been watching BYU-Utah State. Does the Cougar's Ezekiel Ansah have an NFL future? He looks the part as a 6-6, 280 lb long, and athletic guy who's green as seasick grass. Will almost certainly draw JPP comparisons.
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
Been watching BYU-Utah State. Does the Cougar's Ezekiel Ansah have an NFL future? He looks the part as a 6-6, 280 lb long, and athletic guy who's green as seasick grass. Will almost certainly draw JPP comparisons.

Just put him in my most recent mock.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
palmy50

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pollino14 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
No chance we get Teo now. Dude is playing lights out. Whoever drafts him is going to get one hell of a player and more importantly one hell of a human being.

Kids one hell of a football player but needs to run well enough for some to clip him on their high board. Lord knows 3rd down value is key in the eyes of many when it comes to LB prospects. That said, Teo could be a rockstar in this Packers fit and I bet most 30 front teams in general will show love there.

Teo fits in every way but I'm not sure TT will feel the need with the group at hand right now all under contract for a few years. TT has a habit of drafting players high at spots where the paper is about to run dry, a la Neal, Cobb, Sherrod, ect.

I have a hair higher grade on Teo at this stage in the process as well. That's Teo's game all day long though and Rey's field grade was very high end for the like. If Rey was a Cowboy or something he would be a star IMO. Not sure there was a worse possible home for him than the one he landed in and he is still damn solid. Best field grade of all the USC boys that year. Just did not have the upside or 3rd down value of Clay and Cushing. One hell of a two down thumper though. Could have been All-Pro as a 30 Mike IMO.

Just sayin, was by no means cutting on Teo there!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:
pollino14 wrote:

I have a hair higher grade on Teo at this stage in the process as well. That's Teo's game all day long though and Rey's field grade was very high end for the like. If Rey was a Cowboy or something he would be a star IMO. Not sure there was a worse possible home for him than the one he landed in and he is still damn solid. Best field grade of all the USC boys that year. Just did not have the upside or 3rd down value of Clay and Cushing. One hell of a two down thumper though. Could have been All-Pro as a 30 Mike IMO.

Just sayin, was by no means cutting on Teo there!

Palmy which RBs do you think would be a fit in the Packers O? Also what are your thoughts on Randle from OKST?

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knile Davis does seem like a RB that would fit a ZBS, but I don't know how he's looked since after the injury.

I do like Zac Stacy, but I doubt TT likes him enough to pick him before another team does.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would not touch Davis with a draft pick right now. Too much ability to bust and bust hard at this point.

Anyone see what happened to Bell during the IU game? Saw he went out to injury but didn't know if he came back in or why he was out in the first place.
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
I would not touch Davis with a draft pick right now. Too much ability to bust and bust hard at this point.

I wouldn't say I wouldn't take him anywhere, but I wouldn't take him before day 3. I was all over taking Bryce Brown in the 7th last year as a pure potential pick, and would do the same with Davis.

I think you hope someone else takes him before you do, though.
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
justo wrote:

I wouldn't say I wouldn't take him anywhere, but I wouldn't take him before day 3. I was all over taking Bryce Brown in the 7th last year as a pure potential pick, and would do the same with Davis.

I think you hope someone else takes him before you do, though.

But Brown and Davis are totally different situations.

Junior year of HS: played four games because of a broken collar bone
Senior year of HS: broke ankle first game of the year, missed season
Junior year: hurt ankle again and misses season
redshirt Junior year: says that he's going to come out even before the season starts

at 6'0" 226 he seems like a perfect fit but he didn't even crack over 4 YPC against Jacksonville State, ULM, or anyone yet this year

2012: 82-273-3.3 2 TD (0/6 games over 4 YPC)
2011: 0 games
2010: 204-1322-6.5 13 TD (11/13 games over 4 YPC)
2009: 33-163-4.9 4 TD (every time he had 5+ carries was over 4 YPC)
2008: 4 games (HS)
2007: 1 game (HS)

Plus he's only caught like 20 catches his entire college career. I think McCarthy wants a back that can catch out of the backfield

(he had -4 yards today vs Auburn Shocked )
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

The comparison between Brown and Davis more "you take them with a late flyer based on what they could maybe do for you, not on what they've actually done, since the track record is not encouraging."

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with Davis this year, but his stock has taken as big a hit as anybody else in this draft (though in terms of total dollars, Amerson may be out more, since he started higher.)
justo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
justo wrote:

The comparison between Brown and Davis more "you take them with a late flyer based on what they could maybe do for you, not on what they've actually done, since the track record is not encouraging."

I honestly have no idea what's wrong with Davis this year, but his stock has taken as big a hit as anybody else in this draft (though in terms of total dollars, Amerson may be out more, since he started higher.)

I guess it's not like TT hasn't taken a banged up RB before late (Starks)

Been pretty solid on my "we don't draft a safety early this year" stance but I will allow it if it's Matt Elam. (I remember his brother letting the cat out of the bag on NSD, I think he played for the Browns at the time. I'm getting old.)

Blount_truth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have input on jonathon cooper (north Carolina) at center?
Would you rather draft him to play center or Mario benavides?
Interceptions: 6
Forced Fumbles: 1
DROY candidate. Jersey acquired.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know odds are minimal that he comes out this year but man do I want Bradley Roby on this team.

#JDI

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 19 of 100

Jump to: