Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
palmy50

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what ya mean?

TT is a value guy and likes the premiums high. He also has a habit of drafting players when a contract is about to run dry. That said, the board would need to fall just right for TT to pull out the interior lineman card IMO. Has only done so once and that was a HOF in Hutch. Solid interior class. Good chance TT will wait for his center to fall into his lap. I just can't see a high round tackle unless Sherrod gets in there this year and looks like an epic fail.

If your talking about the skill sets TT likes on the line that's different. Though I do feel how TT feels they will gel with the other guys will play a HUGE part and that's nothing one can see from a TV set. Of the interior high boards, Jones is clearly the TT guy when you look at his history/MO.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Again though, we are talking about a clear valume back there that's going to come off the board day-1. Is the value there on a team led by Mac?

For the record. Lattimore is BY FAR the best RB talent in this class IMO.

Yeah, probably be better off going for a TE then a RB with the way Mac likes things. I was just also curious in the sense that it seems he has a lot of tread on the tires or perhaps my perception was off.
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThinkICare wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

Again though, we are talking about a clear valume back there that's going to come off the board day-1. Is the value there on a team led by Mac?

Yeah, probably be better off going for a TE then a RB with the way Mac likes things. I was just also curious in the sense that it seems he has a lot of tread on the tires or perhaps my perception was off.

No, I feel ya there and it's always a point of concern with RB's. Especially those that have been bell-cows since birth like Lattimore has. I just feel there are exceptions for every rule and if Lattimore was there at solid value, I might make that exception. How many passed on Peterson with the same mindset, no what I mean? I do feel the human body only has so many runs in it. But that kids got a great football body and has a habit of giving far more than he gets.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

Completely agree on both accounts. As much as I'd love to have a stud running back on our roster, they won't get the needed touches in order to maximize the fact that they would have to invest a first round pick into him. You expect to give him 25-30 touches a game, and do you really want to take the ball out of Rodgers' hands that much? Because I certainly don't.

And Lattimore is the only Day 1 back I see by a HUGE margin. Right now, I'm not sure I really see a running back worth even a second round pick at this point. If the Packers were to pass on Lattimore (assuming he's on the board), I'm not sure they're planning on putting much more than a late round pick into one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
If your talking about the skill sets TT likes on the line that's different. Though I do feel how TT feels they will gel with the other guys will play a HUGE part and that's nothing one can see from a TV set. Of the interior high boards, Jones is clearly the TT guy when you look at his history/MO.
This is more towards what I meant. Thanks Palmy
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
ThinkICare

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:

No, I feel ya there and it's always a point of concern with RB's. Especially those that have been bell-cows since birth like Lattimore has. I just feel there are exceptions for every rule and if Lattimore was there at solid value, I might make that exception. How many passed on Peterson with the same mindset, no what I mean? I do feel the human body only has so many runs in it. But that kids got a great football body and has a habit of giving far more than he gets.

I see. You know much more than me, so I'll definitely take your word on it. I do wonder how the 2013 draft shakes out and whether TT pulls the trigger on a RB in one of the later rounds.
bkobow05

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
You expect to give him 25-30 touches a game, and do you really want to take the ball out of Rodgers' hands that much? Because I certainly don't.
Well, the Patriots are taking the ball out of Brady's hands more this season and their offense is still very fluid. If you have a playmaker at the position, it's still going to be beneficial to your team regardless of who your QB is. If we had Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy or Arian Foster getting 25-30 touches per game and Rodgers throwing the ball 30 times, it's still going to give us a dynamic offense.

Believe it or not, taking the ball out of Rodgers hands isn't always a bad thing.

#JDI
I Am Rodgers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:
You expect to give him 25-30 touches a game, and do you really want to take the ball out of Rodgers' hands that much? Because I certainly don't.
Well, the Patriots are taking the ball out of Brady's hands more this season and their offense is still very fluid. If you have a playmaker at the position, it's still going to be beneficial to your team regardless of who your QB is. If we had Adrian Peterson, LeSean McCoy or Arian Foster getting 25-30 touches per game and Rodgers throwing the ball 30 times, it's still going to give us a dynamic offense.

Believe it or not, taking the ball out of Rodgers hands isn't always a bad thing.

Yeah. His 30 or so passes may become more productive with THAT GUY getting 20-25 touches a game. Play action would certainly work better. I really think a guy like Charles would be an amazing fit for this offense.

stallyns wrote:
Good thing for talky-talk Harbaugh he has an outstanding citizen/player like Aldon Smith on his team and not a classless hooligan like Clay Matthews.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking the ball outta Rodgers hands 10 more times a game. If those 10 times are the 10 sacks he's been taking instead Smile
palmy50

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have a true bell-cow RB I don't even blink at the idea of taking the ball out of my QB's hands. Hell, I would do it no matter. Sure as hell would do so with a capable back like Benson.

Have said from day1 though, only way your going to get Mac to change is if he has a talent at RB that forces his hand!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
bkobow05 wrote:
CWood21 wrote:

Yeah, I wouldn't mind taking the ball outta Rodgers hands 10 more times a game. If those 10 times are the 10 sacks he's been taking instead Smile
We keep dropping back 45 times a game, there's a good chance that's EXACTLY what we'd be replacing. Laughing

#JDI
CWood21

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bkobow05 wrote:

But Ridley is a very good pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the reason why I think the offense would run better if we had a LeSean McCoy back as compared to say an Adrian Peterson. I think in the entire scheme of things, LeSean McCoy would be a much better fit for the Packers even though Adrian Peterson is clearly a better running back. And I've got more issues with the called running plays. Benson clearly works best when he's lined up deep in the backfield, yet McCarthy keeps running him when they're out of the shotgun. And then the situations where he calls a run (2nd and long) make me scratch my head.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
Have said from day1 though, only way your going to get Mac to change is if he has a talent at RB that forces his hand!

That doesn't seem likely to happen under Ted Thompson. Since 2001, Ted has only selected a running back in the first three rounds three times. Maurice Morris late in the second round in 2002, Brandon Jackson late in the second round in 2008, and Alex Green late in the third round in 2011. I just don't see the idea of taking a running back in the first round, or even early in the second round as an idea that Ted holds highly. Although, if there was a running back to break that I do think Lattimore could be that back.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CWood21 wrote:
palmy50 wrote:

That doesn't seem likely to happen under Ted Thompson. Since 2001, Ted has only selected a running back in the first three rounds three times. Maurice Morris late in the second round in 2002, Brandon Jackson late in the second round in 2008, and Alex Green late in the third round in 2011. I just don't see the idea of taking a running back in the first round, or even early in the second round as an idea that Ted holds highly. Although, if there was a running back to break that I do think Lattimore could be that back.

I sure as hell would not fight ya on any of that. TT clearly likes the premiums high, and most don't hold said premium on RB's come draft day.

I'm with ya though. Because of what was just said there is a good chance when Lattimore is picked he will have by far the best grade on the board. I would just about bet the farm he will have the best field grade at slot. If everything falls in line.......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Bjoern Werner's stock has skyrocketed this season and he will probably go before we pick, but is he a guy who could fit our scheme or only as an OLB? I can only dream of him and CM3 terrorizing QBs together.

Shout out to justo on the avatar!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 21 of 100

Jump to: