Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Eagles Fantasy Football Leagues Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
I'll be in if I'm in a league with posters who I actually have some sort of an idea who they are.

Yes. I think we should make it a rule to use your FF screen name as your fantasy football team name. Makes it so much easier to know who to talk trash to.
mm6492

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
I'll be in if I'm in a league with posters who I actually have some sort of an idea who they are.

Yes. I think we should make it a rule to use your FF screen name as your fantasy football team name. Makes it so much easier to know who to talk trash to.
Agreed with this. But I menat also i don't wanna be against a bunch of kids with 300 posts who won't be around by the end of the season. It's why I enjoy the baseball league, cause I actually know who I'm playing.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely in
Eagles_808

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mm6492 wrote:
But I meant also i don't wanna be against a bunch of kids with 300 posts who won't be around by the end of the season. It's why I enjoy the baseball league, cause I actually know who I'm playing.

Ah, I see. I too agree with this, good point. There should be a post count minimum (like say 1000 total) for the bottom leagues, and have it move up for the other leagues accordingly (like 5000 for the top league, and at least 1 year of posting experience).
Eagles#1

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: Eagles#1
Count: 1173

Razz

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:
But I meant also i don't wanna be against a bunch of kids with 300 posts who won't be around by the end of the season. It's why I enjoy the baseball league, cause I actually know who I'm playing.

Ah, I see. I too agree with this, good point. There should be a post count minimum (like say 1000 total) for the bottom leagues, and have it move up for the other leagues accordingly (like 5000 for the top league, and at least 1 year of posting experience).

5000.. I got some serious work cut out for me

Trent Cole (5th Round Pick #146) Career Stats - 396 Solo Tackles, 16 Forced Fumbles, 79 Sacks, 2x Pro Bowler
PSN-KnOWn-X // Twitter-EaglesFlyHigh11
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Varsity Checking in.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFly58High wrote:
5000.. I got some serious work cut out for me

That post figure and time requirement is not set in stone, as we're just spit balling here. But mm brings up a good point, as we want posters who are serious about the league they are in and will be around here when the season finishes. That is much more likely to happen with veteran posters, as opposed to the newer guys. Just the nature of the beast...
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Name: Hockey
Year Joined: 2007?
Previous Experience: Last two years Varsity
Last Year's Position: Varsity

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
mm6492 wrote:

If we do this, I can count posts from my old account too, right? I had over 5k on that account IIRC (Bleed green 93)
RollEagles

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The baseball league for this forum has actually been great so far. Hopefully the football league is the same way.

By the way, mm6492 have you seen my trade offer yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BrotherlyLove wrote:
If we do this, I can count posts from my old account too, right? I had over 5k on that account IIRC (Bleed green 93)

Since this is Blahman's creation, we'll leave it up to him to decide the exact requirements for each league. If we need to vote or whatever, so be it. Again, we just want to make sure that those who join are serious.
Blahman88

Location: Eagles Forum HOF + Gold Standard 2014, Bringer of the Cavalry
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed with the names as team names, or at least make it obvious who you are....

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name: VIPMSP
Year Joined: technically 2008
Previous Experience: n/a
Last Year's Position: n/a
Hockey5djh

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
BrotherlyLove wrote:

Since this is Blahman's creation, we'll leave it up to him to decide the exact requirements for each league. If we need to vote or whatever, so be it. Again, we just want to make sure that those who join are serious.

Just to throw my two cents into the ring. I don't think it should be a strict post count or year limit for entrance because you have good posters (such as RollEagles for example) who have just recently signed up who I think would be more active than someone who may have been on the forum for longer and has more posts (suck as Rock_#5 for example).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 87, 88, 89  Next
Page 3 of 89

Jump to: