Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaQuan Bowers suffered a torn Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think trading for Osi is the only option we got.

Lets say we do have high hopes for Bennet(and he did do good last season), who will rotate in for him and Clayborn?

DE is a position where there is always a 3rd man rotating in for both the right and left end..

And that's another thing about Bennet, to me he is a PERFECT DE to come off the bench and relieve a starter, he is lethal when he is at 100% rest, but as a full time starter he is average.

On top of that we play in a division with Brees, Ryan and Newton(who is a scrambling QB), if we dont get pressure, we will get eaten alive.
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
So....am I the only one thinking to send a 3rd to NYG for Osi?

Sorry for the news, first of all.

Second, I don't think the Giants are going to move Osi at all, let alone for a third round pick. Speaking as a fan (and I think the front office agrees with this), it is actually preferable to have him just one more year, playing his heart out for a new contract elsewhere, than to ship him off for a third. Especially since the draft just happened we can't even apply it to this upcoming season. Ain't gonna happen.

Then what was with all that fussing that Osi was doing talking about the Giants organization a few weeks ago?
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat
bucsfan4lyf

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huge blow for us... Now we're gonna need Bennett to start again and look for a quality back up... 1 name that comes to mind is Brandon Graham from the eagles, they just drafted vinny curry and their 2 starters are Trent and Kyle, I'll give up a 3rd or 4th for him... Any other options out their?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney? Or wait for roster cuts
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
@RCummingsTrib: DaQuan Bowers seems confident he'll return in 2012. He tweeted: 2013?? Get real... I'm playing THIS year 2012,

Wishful thinking?
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
Calibucsfan wrote:
So....am I the only one thinking to send a 3rd to NYG for Osi?

Sorry for the news, first of all.

Second, I don't think the Giants are going to move Osi at all, let alone for a third round pick. Speaking as a fan (and I think the front office agrees with this), it is actually preferable to have him just one more year, playing his heart out for a new contract elsewhere, than to ship him off for a third. Especially since the draft just happened we can't even apply it to this upcoming season. Ain't gonna happen.

Then what was with all that fussing that Osi was doing talking about the Giants organization a few weeks ago?

I don't understand the question. Osi has fussed about his lack of new contract for the past two offseasons. It doesn't mean the Giants are going to give him what he wants (a trade or more money)

He's under contract for the rest of the year, and so far the Giants position has been that he should play out that contract whether he wants to leave or not.

"17-14 is the final, okay? 17-14. One touchdown and we are world champions. Believe it and it will happen."
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
@RCummingsTrib: DaQuan Bowers seems confident he'll return in 2012. He tweeted: 2013?? Get real... I'm playing THIS year 2012,

Wishful thinking?

Hah. They all say that. I don't think Bowers has a medical degree, so he's probably not one to say how long the recovery will be.

It's nice to hear, but meaningless.

"17-14 is the final, okay? 17-14. One touchdown and we are world champions. Believe it and it will happen."
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:

I don't understand the question. Osi has fussed about his lack of new contract for the past two offseasons. It doesn't mean the Giants are going to give him one.

He's under contract for the rest of the year, and so far the Giants position has been that he should play out that contract whether he wants to leave or not.

I see. I was just making the assumption because when Osi was fussing, all kinds of trade rumors were going around...

I still think that Tampa FO will contact the Giants FO, but if you say that you guys will want to keep him for another year, then the asking price will probably be high like...a 2nd round pick and Tampa will probably leave it...

This sucks. We need to find a DE
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a huge huge blow. This offseason was going to good for something like this not to happen Crying or Very sad

I can see Mark making a few phone call but are Osi and Free the type of guys we need to get to fill the end? They are strictly pass rushers, we need a run stopper/pass rusher.

I don't think we break the bank for a guy or do anything crazy. Bennett is still "young" and could fill the starter role if we grab a solid backup. Bennett started 10 games, had 4 sacks, with 5-6 more starts I don't think 6-7 sacks would be out of the question.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
Blue Blood

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:

I don't understand the question. Osi has fussed about his lack of new contract for the past two offseasons. It doesn't mean the Giants are going to give him one.

I see. I was just making the assumption because when Osi was fussing, all kinds of trade rumors were going around...

I still think that Tampa FO will contact the Giants FO, but if you say that you guys will want to keep him for another year, then the asking price will probably be high like...a 2nd round pick and Tampa will probably leave it...

This sucks. We need to find a DE

There were rumors that the Ravens offered a third round pick, and obviously the Giants haven't jumped on that yet. Granted, the Ravens third round pick figures to be a worse pick than the Bucs (closer to the fourth round, that is), so the Giants may feel differently this time, but I doubt it. My prediction is that he stays a Giant and leaves in free agency.

indifference

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a DE right now. And in 2013, we need to draft one early again to bookend Clayborn. This is terrible news for Bowers. I'm all for trading for a DE now because we need some good depth to push or start over Bennett. Maybe give the Colts a call about Freeney or Mathis. If not, better hope some June cuts leave us with better options. I can see Andre Carter being called in now for a 1 year contract.
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:

Wishful thinking?

Hah. They all say that. I don't think Bowers has a medical degree, so he's probably not one to say how long the recovery will be.

It's nice to hear, but meaningless.

I haven't heard if it is a partial or full tear and that would certainly matter as far as a time table is concerned for a return. If fully torn then I think he is definitely ruled out out for 2012.

This definitely is tough news to take. We all had high hopes for him and I really felt like he would really turn it up a notch this year. As far as other DE's are concerned, I wouldn't mind possibly trading for Osi or Dwight, but it'll have to be for a 3rd, maybe 2nd for Dwight. Otherwise, we will probably look to add a few free agents now and will hopefully find someone with anything good to contribute.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see both Carter and Gilberry agents getting a phone call.

For all the people calling for Dwight, is it smart to go after a 32/33 year old end that's supposed to get $19M this year? Obviously he would want a new deal but I can't see him wanting to take a huge pay cut.

Mike Evans 57 - 935 - 10
PolarBucc06

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thought that just came to mind, sigh, ....George Johnson steps up with an opportunity after reuniting with Schiano....oh boy this could be another long year...
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dom has to get aggressive. Please not another year of bennett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: