Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

DaQuan Bowers suffered a torn Achilles
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Blood wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Quote:
@RCummingsTrib: DaQuan Bowers seems confident he'll return in 2012. He tweeted: “2013?? Get real... I'm playing THIS year 2012,’’

Wishful thinking?

Hah. They all say that. I don't think Bowers has a medical degree, so he's probably not one to say how long the recovery will be.

It's nice to hear, but meaningless.

He wont be back. Even if he is he will be a shadow of who he really is. Remember that DL are all about explosion. An achilles tear is detrimental to explosion. Because of that DL have the hardest time overcoming achilles injuries.

Unfortunately, I think Bennett will be the starter at LE this year and we will just be screwed in the pass rush again. Hopefully we can stop the run. As much as we all think or want Dom to make a move how likely is it really to happen? They knew they had no depth if someone got injured and kept it that way. I say we wait for roster cuts or make a trade for a Brandon Graham type that still has potential but is now the 3rd or 4th guy. Could get him for a lesser pick. But there is no way we are grabbing a top guy for a later round pick.. and I doubt Dom will give up much if we do in fact make a trade.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cant do everything in one year. But at the same time we cant go into week 1 with a huge hole at LE. Teams will exploit it and Clayborn will have a worse year cuz of it. Something will be done, but I dont think we are about to pick up a Pro Bowler or anything. Bottom line, we got a serious problem.

Just my thoughts.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
I told u all we needed to address the DE position. I got " dude shut up we have bowers, he's holding up". I'm right again

........from the same guy begging to get Albert Haynesworth in Tampa Laughing

Feel bad for Bowers, dude cannot catch a break.... so much talent. I don't think the LE situation is as bad as some say, but it will definitely need to be upgraded at some point.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is terrible. Towards the end of the year, he was our best d-lineman. Super athletic, effective against the pass and rush...etc.

This really blows.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had high hopes on Bowers. This really sucks !
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a huge blow. What's worse is the Achillies tendon tear is tougher for D-Lineman to come back from. I really feel for Bowers.

Even if he comes back in 2013, I don't know how much of an impact he can really have. Look at Shawn Merriman's career after an achillies tear. It was an injury that still lingers him to this day and really affected him.

Bennett will be fine, but we lost depth here and we were in a good situation having Bowers and Bennett as a rotational guy in.

On getting a DE, it all depends on whether or not the coaching staff feels we definately need a starter. We could wait for June 1 cuts, and maybe Freeney could be an option as splitting time with Bennette.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two players I'd keep an eye on:

Bills DE Chris Kelsey: Didn't fit the 3-4 OLB position and might be expendable. Was always a solid LDE in the 4-3.

Chargers DE/OLB Larry English: Never did fit the 3-4 but many think he was oiut of position as an OLB. Might be a better fit at DE in the 4-3, his natural position in college. COuld come cheap.
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
I told u all we needed to address the DE position. I got " dude shut up we have bowers, he's holding up". I'm right again

Feel bad for Bowers, dude cannot catch a break.... so much talent. I don't think the LE situation is as bad as some say, but it will definitely need to be upgraded at some point.

Coming for someone who wanted him here in the first damn place for 100m+?
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

that makes zero sense.... I was not even on FF when Big Al was a FA, so how would you have any clue how felt about him?
eggybucsfan31

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

that makes zero sense.... I was not even on FF when Big Al was a FA, so how would you have any clue how felt about him?

He knows everything, remember?

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
Two players I'd keep an eye on:

Bills DE Chris Kelsey: Didn't fit the 3-4 OLB position and might be expendable. Was always a solid LDE in the 4-3.

Chargers DE/OLB Larry English: Never did fit the 3-4 but many think he was oiut of position as an OLB. Might be a better fit at DE in the 4-3, his natural position in college. COuld come cheap.
Kelsay would be perfect. He is the ideal LDE but he is coming off a really bad season out that 3-4 defense. English is worth a look for a late round pick. Still 26 and could produce with a change of scenery.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eggybucsfan31 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:
Soul Glo wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

He knows everything, remember?
This thread delivers Laughing Laughing
RoeKG

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
This is a huge blow. What's worse is the Achillies tendon tear is tougher for D-Lineman to come back from. I really feel for Bowers.

Even if he comes back in 2013, I don't know how much of an impact he can really have. Look at Shawn Merriman's career after an achillies tear. It was an injury that still lingers him to this day and really affected him.

Bennett will be fine, but we lost depth here and we were in a good situation having Bowers and Bennett as a rotational guy in.

On getting a DE, it all depends on whether or not the coaching staff feels we definately need a starter. We could wait for June 1 cuts, and maybe Freeney could be an option as splitting time with Bennette.

I'm pretty sure it was the knee Merriman blew out that he never recovered from. That, and not using steroids anymore.

A torn Achilles can be very slight to very severe, a lot of you guys are acting like he blew his Achilles up.

He very well could be back this season depending on how bad it was. He's having surgery this Friday. It's May, not August. Let's calm down before we assume his career is over.
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so speechless....

Please go get Osi....give him a 3 year deal, he will be good throughout that. Then hopefully we have a bookend for the future (whether that's Bowers)

I just am so depressed about this.....

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot remember the last time a left end cost a team a superbowl...

Adopt A Buc

Dekota Watson:

EJ Biggers:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: