Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Atlanta Falcons Training Camp
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 4727
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to grimeys' post we signed another RB. Can't remember his name. But any who, I almost forgot to make GDT. That would have been bad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GrimeyKid


Joined: 01 Feb 2012
Posts: 1111
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
To add to grimeys' post we signed another RB. Can't remember his name. But any who, I almost forgot to make GDT. That would have been bad.


Edited my last post. It was RB Richard Medlin from fayetteville
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. DJ Davis laid out coach Smith in practice yesterday!



Yeah, Davis is definitely not winning the 5th WR spot Laughing

In other news, Matt went 16 of 17 against the Titans D yesterday Cool And our D gave Hasselbeck and Locker some problems. Multiple players got sacks on D and Hasselbeck said that we run a lot of bump and run man coverage..


I'm excited guys.I know I shouldn't read too much into joint practices but I'm loving Nolan so far! The jury is still out of Koetter. I want us to have a consistent, explosive offense like the Saints.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel


Last edited by matt2roddy on Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 4727
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if they keep Nance or Smith. Iirc Nance had a good shot at making the team when he was last with us. However, Smith can bring some ST ability , which as of right now is up in the air.

Also, I wonder how the FB battle will play out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jgoldiscool wrote:
I wonder if they keep Nance or Smith. Iirc Nance had a good shot at making the team when he was last with us. However, Smith can bring some ST ability , which as of right now is up in the air.

Also, I wonder how the FB battle will play out.

Is there any other way the fullback battle can play out? We drafted Ewing in the 5th round, there's no way he doesn't make the team IMO. We also have Snelling that can play fullback. I think its a foregone conclusion that Cox doesn't make the team.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 4727
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Jgoldiscool wrote:
I wonder if they keep Nance or Smith. Iirc Nance had a good shot at making the team when he was last with us. However, Smith can bring some ST ability , which as of right now is up in the air.

Also, I wonder how the FB battle will play out.

Is there any other way the fullback battle can play out? We drafted Ewing in the 5th round, there's no way he doesn't make the team IMO. We also have Snelling that can play fullback. I think its a foregone conclusion that Cox doesn't make the team.
This team seems like it will depend less on the run which basically diminishes the role of the FB. I would have to think that Cox has the edge though. He came in and played fairly well when he replaced Ovie. Ewing being drafted shouldn't guarantee him a spot, but I haven't seen him play so I can't pass judgement yet.

I wonder if Ewing will win the starting job or if it will come down to a decision at the end of camp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7770
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt2roddy wrote:
Lol. DJ Davis laid out coach Smith in practice yesterday!



Yeah, Davis is definitely not winning the 5th WR spot Laughing


That's a funny picture of Mike, hopefully he wasn't hurt at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
matt2roddy wrote:
Lol. DJ Davis laid out coach Smith in practice yesterday!



Yeah, Davis is definitely not winning the 5th WR spot Laughing


That's a funny picture of Mike, hopefully he wasn't hurt at all.

He wasn't. When a reported asked if he was okay he responded by saying "You might want to go ask DJ if he's okay" Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
adam9


Joined: 06 Jan 2011
Posts: 14338
Location: Kennesaw, GA
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first preseason game Jacquizz Rodgers is our starting KR and Harry Douglas is our starting PR.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jgoldiscool


Moderator
Joined: 28 Sep 2009
Posts: 4727
Location: Chandler, AZ
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure Douglas and Franks will be fighting for the PR spot. Rodgers is probably going to keep the KR spot. I don't really see anyone else beating him out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 22384
Location: Los Angeles CA ROLL TIDE ROLL
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey is Jerrell Harris still with you guys? How's he looked so far if so? While he contributed nicely for the Tide, he never seemed to take his play to the elite level expected. I wondered if a change of defense might help him find it.
_________________


Fly Fellowship 6.0
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
Hey is Jerrell Harris still with you guys? How's he looked so far if so? While he contributed nicely for the Tide, he never seemed to take his play to the elite level expected. I wondered if a change of defense might help him find it.

Supposedly he has done well in camp and has a very good chance of making the roster.
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
49ers Finest


Joined: 28 Dec 2011
Posts: 9732
Location: San Jose
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey. im curious as to how mohammad massquie has looked in tc and preseason

we were picking directly after you guys and you picked him. balke was pist on camera and slammed his fists against the table then we picked flemming. he has tore his acl and is out

so i was just curious. his dimentions are similar to aldon with those long arms, thats why i think we may have liked him
_________________
***WE RUN THE WEST!***
SB AT HOME!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new sig... sorry alex
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
scar988


FF Fanatic
Joined: 05 Apr 2005
Posts: 29508
Location: Marietta, GA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers Finest wrote:
hey. im curious as to how mohammad massquie has looked in tc and preseason

we were picking directly after you guys and you picked him. balke was pist on camera and slammed his fists against the table then we picked flemming. he has tore his acl and is out

so i was just curious. his dimentions are similar to aldon with those long arms, thats why i think we may have liked him
he's looked solid, but he's a project that was taken for the future, will rotate in at most now.
_________________

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
matt2roddy


Joined: 21 Dec 2011
Posts: 958
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know when Peters is coming back??
_________________


My 2011 Adopt-A-Falcon: 1st Team All Rookie Linebacker Akeem Dent!!!
2012 Adopt-A-Falcon: CB Asante Samuel
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group