Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTA's, Mini Camps, and Training Camp
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: OTA's, Mini Camps, and Training Camp Reply with quote

I figured we could use a place to discuss happenings throughout these events.

Cedric Smith was quoted today that we have had 100% participation in off-season workouts, although it's nothing big, but im glad we are in out situation compared to other teams who have guys upset with contracts like Forte, Rice, Brees.

Also reading the tweets from Bradie James and Watt among others get me pumped up even more!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im EXCITED for this. I am kind of sad we don't have a rookie camp.....I am anxious to see them.
lumberjackchris

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First set of OTA's start tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UDFA Loni Fangupo who some of us were hoping would become the big guy we've always wanted got rolled up on on the bottom of the pile and suffered at leg/knee injury that seems to be severe. I feel bad for the guy on the 1st day or OTA's

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Texans plan on having Jean start as the number 3 WR. He started along side Walter with the starters.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/05/21/with-andre-johnson-out-lestar-jean-getting-starter-reps/

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
I wonder if the Texans plan on having Jean start as the number 3 WR. He started along side Walter with the starters.

http://blog.houstontexans.com/2012/05/21/with-andre-johnson-out-lestar-jean-getting-starter-reps/

He's got the inside track, that much is for sure. He's more physically imposing over the other 2nd year guys, and has much more knowledge of the system when compared to the rookies.

I see him as the #3, with Posey being the #1 contender, followed by Jeff Maehl, Keyshawn Martin, Mario Lewis, Dwight Jones and Jerrell Jackson. Jones and Jackson are probably headed to the PS; I have a strange feeling that Lewis is going to shine and make the roster at some point.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only thing I hate about our WR core after Andre and Walter is that neither of them has never caught a pass in the NFL, but if some of them can at least provide an upgrade over what Jones did, then I'll be happy. Doesn't look like Bryant Johnson won't be back either so we definitely will be younger and inexperienced at WR. Can't wait for the WR competition!

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: OTA's, Mini Camps, and Training Camp Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
I figured we could use a place to discuss happenings throughout these events.

Cedric Smith was quoted today that we have had 100% participation in off-season workouts, although it's nothing big, but im glad we are in out situation compared to other teams who have guys upset with contracts like Forte, Rice, Brees.

Also reading the tweets from Bradie James and Watt among others get me pumped up even more!

How do we have 100% participation? We already know Schaub and AJ are out along with Hartmann. Any word on Sharpton?

FYI - Lestar Jean is currently practicing with the first team. Let me get this straight - some of you people actually are excited about the prospect of a UDFA with 4.61 speed seeing the field for this team based upon 2 catches in the 4th quarter of the 1st pre-season game against the Jets 6th teamers last year? Never thought I'd see the day where I was envious of the Jags and Titans receiving corps.

12 Year Texans Season Ticket Holder
Marco79

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean stepping in for Andre doesn't mean he is the 3rd WR that means he is Andres first backup at the moment whihc makes sense because he is the most experienced. Him stepping in for Andre doesnt mean he is gonna play in the slot. They are totally different positions.

Just like Allen was our #4 CB but he was subbed in for Jackson instead of McCain being subbed in for Kareem.
jch1911

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marco79 wrote:
Jean stepping in for Andre doesn't mean he is the 3rd WR that means he is Andres first backup at the moment whihc makes sense because he is the most experienced. Him stepping in for Andre doesnt mean he is gonna play in the slot. They are totally different positions.

Just like Allen was our #4 CB but he was subbed in for Jackson instead of McCain being subbed in for Kareem.

I do not believe Allen was our #4 CB - He was more like 2B. He played in certain situations and KJ played in others. He was not just a substitute. IIRC I think he started some games.
amazingandre

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Jean's to lose.....
jargin

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone needs to calm down a bit. This team is going to be fully healthy with all of its defensive starters from the playoffs returning and everyone except two OL and Jacoby Jones returning on offense. This team is highly talented already and as always, the staff has injected explosive young talent to the roster through the draft.

[quote="amazingandre"]Do me a favor and never quote me again[/quote]
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Word is that Loni Fangupo had to be carted off the field with an undisclosed leg injury. He was a bit of a longshot going into OTAs, but if's something serious...I can see this being the end of his tenure as a Texan.

Too bad, he was a big body at a position that we needed some depth at.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes that looks good!

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bedhead; what a scrub.

Did you feel the mountains tremble?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: