Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

KELLEN WINSLOW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
wow Winslow at a practice Shocked

And only an idiot would think that I was "trolling" with what I said... Go tell the mod on me then Laughing
Stop. If you want to discuss Winslow as a Seahawk, continue to post in here. Otherwise, please leave.

Everyone else, if there's a serious issue, PM me. Otherwise let me take care of it.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
hawks4ever8

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anybody know what his stats have to be to make it a 6th round pick? Dude bucs fan get over it u got riped off plan and simple he is a beast. Great job by the front office to bring in another guy that can make plays he will help who ever is playing QB for us this year.

adopt-a-hawk team: Kam Chancellor
Alan Branch
Marcus Trufant
Byron Maxwell
KayJayz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like some of your opinions on our TE situation from a fantasy perspective.

I'm thinking;

Miller = #1, Winslow = #2, Miller is a better blocker AND receiver but will be used on the line more than Winslow. I see Winslow as more a red zone guy and Miller more middle of the field option (when not blocking).

Am I totally off on this? How do you see it? Who has the better chance to produce on a Fantasy team?

~props to mike23md~
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawks4ever8 wrote:
Does anybody know what his stats have to be to make it a 6th round pick? Dude bucs fan get over it u got riped off plan and simple he is a beast. Great job by the front office to bring in another guy that can make plays he will help who ever is playing QB for us this year.

Sorry for not getting to this question earlier, I don't believe I ever saw it. I don't know what the condition is, but like you said it's likely performance-based rather than being based off of playing time (like it is with Aaron Curry).

I'd imagine the condition is something pretty fair for both teams. 40-50 receptions or something of that nature.

As far as fantasy goes KayJayz, I'd rather have Winslow. I think we'll continue to see Miller used as a blocker this year whereas Winslow is going to be put in the slot and used almost exclusively as a receiver. I expect Zach to have a better season statistically, but Winslow should have the better numbers when all is said and done.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayJayz wrote:
I would like some of your opinions on our TE situation from a fantasy perspective.

I'm thinking;

Miller = #1, Winslow = #2, Miller is a better blocker AND receiver but will be used on the line more than Winslow. I see Winslow as more a red zone guy and Miller more middle of the field option (when not blocking).

Am I totally off on this? How do you see it? Who has the better chance to produce on a Fantasy team?
I wouldn't even consider having Miller on my team unless I was in a 12 man league. At that, he'd maybe be a bench guy if that. Winslow I'd pick up as a backup TE in a 10 or 8 man league, and if he does well he could be a starter.

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
KayJayz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am drafting in a 16 team keeper league right now, I wouldnt draft either one of them as my starter but more of a sleeper with a chance to become a starter. I guess I will snag up Winslow and hope for the best.

~props to mike23md~
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
KayJayz wrote:

I'm thinking;

I wouldn't even consider having Miller on my team unless I was in a 12 man league. At that, he'd maybe be a bench guy if that. Winslow I'd pick up as a backup TE in a 10 or 8 man league, and if he does well he could be a starter.

Pretty much this. In my really early rankings, I have Winslow as my 14th rated fantasy TE and Zach Miller as the 21st.

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Jermichael Finley
5. Vernon Davis
6. Aaron Hernandez
7. Jason Witten
8. Fred Davis
9. Owen Daniels
10. Brandon Pettigrew
11. Jacob Tamme
12. Tony Gonzalez
13. Jared Cook
14. Kellen Winslow
15. Brent Celek
16. Greg Olsen
17. Kyle Rudolph
18. Marcedes Lewis
19. Coby Fleener
20. Dustin Keller
21. Zach Miller
Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rankings look fair enough. The last two years I've grabbed a semi-slipping Gates because of injury concerns. Both years I've been pissed because he's started so slow, but he always comes on at the end of the year and is vital to me winning the 'ship, so I'm not sure how I feel about him Laughing

^Rammy

BlaqOptic wrote:
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Rankings look fair enough. The last two years I've grabbed a semi-slipping Gates because of injury concerns. Both years I've been pissed because he's started so slow, but he always comes on at the end of the year and is vital to me winning the 'ship, so I'm not sure how I feel about him Laughing

That's pretty much how I rank him as well. He always is clutch during fantasy playoff time and IF he's healthy, he could easily contend as the #1 TE. Hard to pass up that type of potential for the likes of an unproven Jermichael Finley or inconsistent Vernon Davis.
NFL_Announcer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caaddy24 wrote:
We were going to release him if we didn't get a draft pick.... who got robbed??

Look I like the seahawks and I hope they do well I'm just saying don't count on Winslow to make a big impact, thats all

Huh? It was a 7th rounder dude.

Look, I get you're bitter for letting him go for so cheap, but don't come on this board and make yourself look like a complete jack***.

You act like a 7th actually means something for a TE that put up an 1,000 yard season not to long ago and was under utilized in Tampa. If he puts up ZERO yards for Seattle it's still fine. SEVENTH ROUND PICK.

This is what kills me about other fanbases. I will gladly come to your board and say "Hawthorne was a good signing, hate to see him go!" "Hasselbeck is a great mentor!" "Hutchinson ARGH! HATE that he's gone."

MAN UP. YOUR TEAM GOT SCREWED END OF DAY and you should be PISSED that you lost a top 10 receiving TE for absolutely NOTHING. Enjoy your injury prone WRs and a bottom 10 offense this year.
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL_Announcer wrote:
Caaddy24 wrote:
We were going to release him if we didn't get a draft pick.... who got robbed??

Look I like the seahawks and I hope they do well I'm just saying don't count on Winslow to make a big impact, thats all

Huh? It was a 7th rounder dude.

Look, I get you're bitter for letting him go for so cheap, but don't come on this board and make yourself look like a complete jack***.

You act like a 7th actually means something for a TE that put up an 1,000 yard season not to long ago and was under utilized in Tampa. If he puts up ZERO yards for Seattle it's still fine. SEVENTH ROUND PICK.

This is what kills me about other fanbases. I will gladly come to your board and say "Hawthorne was a good signing, hate to see him go!" "Hasselbeck is a great mentor!" "Hutchinson ARGH! HATE that he's gone."

MAN UP. YOUR TEAM GOT SCREWED END OF DAY and you should be PISSED that you lost a top 10 receiving TE for absolutely NOTHING. Enjoy your injury prone WRs and a bottom 10 offense this year.

...And Bucs fans are the ones being criticized in this thread? Odd..

Anyway, I'm not here to say how bad he is. Here is what I am saying: Both teams won this trade. Seattle got a low risk option at tight end, Tampa got a pick for a player they were going to release anyway. Tampa didn't get "screwed", we just got a low pick for a player we were going to drop anyway.

Is he a hobbling crap tight end? Of course not. But is he a superb receiving threat as some have mentioned in here. Absolutely not. He struggles to get open against more athletic defensive guys, and takes a lot of penalties either for offensive pass interference or stupid personal fouls. Also, as I'm sure you guys know, he will never block anyone. Ever.

Overall, it's a good move for both teams. Last year he would throw tantrums if he didn't get the ball every play and he didn't like our new coach, so he was out the door anyway. You guys get a tight end with good offensive skills who can still be a great receiving threat, we get a draft pick for someone we would have released anyway. Good move for both sides.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
KayJayz wrote:

I'm thinking;

Pretty much this. In my really early rankings, I have Winslow as my 14th rated fantasy TE and Zach Miller as the 21st.

1. Rob Gronkowski
2. Jimmy Graham
3. Antonio Gates
4. Jermichael Finley
5. Vernon Davis
6. Aaron Hernandez
7. Jason Witten
8. Fred Davis
9. Owen Daniels
10. Brandon Pettigrew
11. Jacob Tamme
12. Tony Gonzalez
13. Jared Cook
14. Kellen Winslow
15. Brent Celek
16. Greg Olsen
17. Kyle Rudolph
18. Marcedes Lewis
19. Coby Fleener
20. Dustin Keller
21. Zach Miller

That's interesting that you don't have Dallas Clark on your list.

~props to mike23md~
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KayJayz wrote:

He could certainly be a factor, but with how long it took a team to pick him up (despite having several visits), I have to think that he is just not in the best physical shape due to all the injuries wearing on him. I wouldn't trust him.
KayJayz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
KayJayz wrote:

He could certainly be a factor, but with how long it took a team to pick him up (despite having several visits), I have to think that he is just not in the best physical shape due to all the injuries wearing on him. I wouldn't trust him.

On any other team, I would agree with you. Josh Freeman loves his tight ends and TB doesnt have any other TEs on their roster. That was a big reason why Winslow lead the team in receptions. Just think he should break the top 20.

~props to mike23md~
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chill with the stuff on Caaddy24. Sure it was a bit blunt but its actually pretty accurate.

Honestly, no one got a better or worse deal on K2 as far as what was given up. This is the way I look at it. Im glad K2 is gone and no longer a Buc. He is a self centered "me" type of player that only hurts a team. Talented players that have character issues only do so much for a team. Honestly, its better to have less talented players that are more about "team" and "hard work" if you really want to win. Just ask the Dallas Cowboys. Also, K2s leg has been alright, though busted, this last 3 years but that could go out at any time.

All Im saying is not to get your hopes up with him. His attitude will only hurt Flynn and make him try to force passes to an un open K2. Why do you think Freeman had so many of his passes that were intended for K2 picked off last year? He shouldnt of thrown it but did anyway. My guess is cuz Winslow wanted the ball and Freeman tried to give it to him when he shouldnt have.

I would take a team player with less talent over a more talented player with attitude issues any day. When our forum saw this, anyone who didnt like that we got rid of K2 immediately said good riddance.

Quote:
“Real sh-t? *Real sh-t?” Winslow said. *”Greg Schiano came over there [and said], ‘Toes on the line! *Toes on the line!’ *Blowing the whistle. *You can’t laugh. *You can’t joke around. *So I decided not to go to OTAs.”

Quote:
“They got my man [Raheem Morris] up out of there,” Winslow said. *”I was loyal to him. *I’d take a bullet for that dude. *So I had to roll, man.”

Standing up for the coach, actually more of his "buddy," who got drunk with the team, went behind the bar to poor drinks, and let them on a 10 game losing streak and didnt give a sh*t. Thats why we are glad Winslow is gone and say caution to you guys. He obviously doesnt like work and prefers partying.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: