Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Make a Movie Draft Theater (VOTING IS LIVE)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which movie would YOU go see?
Mergers: Martin Scorsese
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Hitler: The Musical: Quentin Tarantino
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
FLASHING LIGHTS: Jonathan Levine
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
True Random: Lars von Trier
18%
 18%  [ 2 ]
Rackham: Alan Taylor
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: The Make a Movie Draft Theater (VOTING IS LIVE) Reply with quote

If you're just stumbling upon this thread, welcome! The Make a Movie Draft is a game in which all of us drafted a director, cast, and story, and then compiled it all together to make a fictional future film for your viewing enjoyment. We spent a couple weeks carefully planning our cast and crew, and then crafting what stories that we think might turn into a good Hollywood film.

We've got a new set of movies this time, ranging from comic adaptations to period pieces. A lot of really hard work went into making these, so any feedback is GREATLY appreciated.

Aside from offering your feedback, you may also help us by filling out an "Academy Award" like ballot. We've done this every time, mostly just for fun.

Please send all ballots to ME via PRIVATE MESSAGE.

Ballot wrote:
Best Lead Actor:
Best Lead Actress:
Best Supporting Actor:
Best Supporting Actress:
Best Visuals:
Best Score:
Best Ensemble Cast:
Hottest Cast:
Best Original Screenplay:
Best Adapted Screenplay (written from source material):
Best Director:
Best Picture:

Finished Movies wrote:

Mergers
- Directed by: Martin Scorsese
- Starring: Michael B. Jordan, Chloë Grace Moretz, and Daniel Day-Lewis
- Created by: Tzimisce

Hitler: The Musical
- Directed by: Quentin Tarantino
- Starring: Tom Hiddleston, Tom Wilkinson, and Kate Winslet
- Created by: devils1854

FLASHING LIGHTS
- Directed by: Jonathan Levine
- Starring: Chris Pratt, Ellen Page, and Denzel Washington
- Created by: Gambit Jango

True Random
- Directed by: Lars Von Trier
- Starring: Joaquin Phoenix, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Charlotte Gainsbourg
- Created by: MathMan

Rackham
- Directed by: Alan Taylor
- Starring: Charlies Hunnam, Ruth Bradley, and Katie McGrath
- Created by: PantherDE90

Tell us what you think!

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”

Last edited by Gambit Jango on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce presesnts...

MERGERS
directed by Martin Scorsese
Starring:
Michael B. Jordan
Chloë Grace Moretz
Daniel Day-Lewis
Mark Ruffalo
Lupita Nyong'o
Quvenzhané Wallis
Cameron Diaz
Keith David
John C. Reilly
Bo Burnham

Quincy wrote:
I sat in the corner crying, shielded by my terminally ill mom while my old man got forcibly dragged by two sheriff's deputies out of the only house I'd ever lived in. That kind of thing gets tattooed in your mind.

The film opens with a few scenes from Quincy [Michael B. Jordan] 's childhood as he narrates, telling about his early life in a middle-class New York suburb was shattered when the banking conglomerate Schwaiger-Spitz illegally foreclosed on his parents' home shortly after his mother was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer. Quincy spent his teen years splitting time between homeless shelters and living with various relatives as his father tried to get his life back together while slowly succumbing to alcoholism. At age 18, having made enough money selling pot to move to Brooklyn, Quincy leaves his great uncle's home in Hoboken in the middle of the night.

Opening Credits Roll
Music: Katatonia - "July"
In Brooklyn he opens an indie record store and runs with a bunch of hipsters with whom he shares a loft in the Williamsburg neighborhood. One of these hipsters is Dahlia [Lupita Nyong'o] with whom he falls in love.
The financial crash of 2008 has a profound effect on Quincy, with so many people suffering the same fate as his father, he decides to dedicate his life to political activism. Finding the Occupy movement too meek and noncommittal, he starts his own group called The Abolitionists with a handful of friends. The Abolitionists are modeled after the Weather Underground and Symbionese Liberation Army of the 60s and 70s. They have big plans [burglaries, kidnappings, sabotage, etc.] that they can't quite set in motion because of lack of resources. The ultimate goal, though, for Quincy, is to bring down Morgan Schwaiger [Daniel Day-Lewis], the head of Schwaiger-Spitz and the man whom he ultimately blames for tearing his family apart.

Griff wrote:
Uh, bro, you wanna explain why Sierra Schwaiger is sleeping on your couch?

Music: Cop Shoot Cop - "$10 Bill"
The scene switches to a party in Manhattan. One girl, attractive and expensively dressed, seems to be at the center of attention. This is Sierra Schwaiger [Chloë Grace Moretz], daughter of Morgan and the sole heiress of his banking empire. She is a freshman at Columbia University [admitted only because her father sits on the school's board of trustees] who spends more time drinking and partying than she does studying... a lot more. Her wildchild reputation has been picked up on by the New York Post, which has made her a regular fixture in their gossip section, much to her father's embarrassment. On this particular night she's breaking her own personal record for booze consumption and stumbling out of the frat house, barely able to stand up.
Quincy happens to be walking down the street as Sierra stumbles out, having an argument of some sort with some frat boy whose face we can't see. We can only hear said frat boy angrily instructing Sierra to "Shut up and take it off" while grabbing her from behind. Quincy, sensing that the girl is in trouble, runs over to her aid, separating the frat boy from her and threatening him with a switchblade, before he has a chance to plead his case.
Quincy sees that Sierra is in no condition to get home, so he decides to walk her back to his apartment where she passes out on his couch.
The next morning three members of the Abolitionists, led by Griff [Bo Burnham] a gangly tech geek with dreadlocks show up at the loft for a planning session. They're surprised to find Sierra still sleeping on Quincy's couch. Griff recognizes Sierra, showing Quincy a photo of her from the Post's Page 6 on his phone.
Sierra wakes up, dazed and hung over. Quincy pushes his friends out the door, where they wait while he and Sierra talk things over. Quincy lets Griff & co. back in the door when he's comfortable enough to explain to Sierra who they are. They then proceed to tell her that they plan to hold her for ransom [a-la Patty Hearst]. To their surprise, Sierra goes along with it, citing tension between herself and Morgan.
At this point Quincy's 9-year-old daughter Aisha [Quvenzhane Wallis] walks into the room, awakened by the commotion. Sierra finds the little girl adorable and asks Quincy where her mother is. Quincy tells her that the girl's mother died in a car crash when she was a baby. Sierra is heartbroken by the story. She assumes the role of big sister to Aisha. She then tells Quincy that she'll not only play along with the fake kidnapping but also join The Abolitionists.

Sierra Schwaiger wrote:
You think you hate my dad? If you knew him like I do, you wouldn't be able to sleep until you had his head on a %&* pike.

Music: Nomeansno - "Dance of the Headless Bourgeoisie"
Sierra and Quincy take a drive down to a New Jersey branch of Schwaiger-Spitz, where Sierra takes $100,000 in cash out of her trust fund while pretending to be held hostage. They then use a portion of the money to purchase an arsenal of assault weapons at a gun show in Virginia. On the way back to NYC Quincy shares with her a bunch of his pet conspiracy theories about the Federal Reserve, the NWO, and basically all the boilerplate stuff you see on InfoWars and similar websites of low repute. Sierra is skeptical but decides to play along. When they return to NYC they begin scheming up ways to use the "kidnapping" to bleed Morgan financially.

Morgan Schwaiger wrote:
Jesus, even being held at gunpoint in some underground cess pit, she's still a petulant little sow.

Music: Virus - "Chromium Sun"
Within several days Sierra's disappearance makes national news. The Abolitionists seize the opportunity and make a video with her being held at gunpoint, reading a list of demands to her father. A veteran NYC detective named Lucas Ionesco [Mark Ruffalo] spearheads the investigation of the kidnapping. He enlists the help of Richie Camarillo [Robert DeNiro], a notorious former 60s radical turned FBI informant to help with the case, but Camarillo turns out to be ultimately useless as he doesn't understand things like electronic surveillance and identity theft. Ionesco meets with Morgan Schwaiger who slips him a bribe to get him to fudge the investigation, or at least stall it, explaining that Sierra's return may jeopardize his attempted buyout of McEwing, the third biggest investment bank in America [Schwaiger-Spitz being the biggest]. McEwing's CEO Reuben Snead [John C. Reilly] had previously expressed concerns about the girl's reputation and whether she was capable of being a responsible steward of the company when the time came for her to assume the reins. Complicating matters further is the fact that Morgan's wife/Sierra's mother Marlene [Cameron Diaz] is a self-styled feminist who's far more fond of their daughter than Morgan is, and has threatened to divorce him when he floated the idea of ceding control of the bank to a board of directors who would elect a new CEO in the event of Morgan's death or incapacitation.

Dahlia wrote:
Quincy thinks he has lofty ideals but really he's just out to settle a score with Schwaiger. I don't know how far he'll go to do that. And that's what scares me.

Muisc: Mouth of the Architect - "Generation of Ghosts"
Ionesco accepts Morgan's bribe, but when he returns to his office at the NYPD he's met by Dahlia, who identifies Quincy and tells him she can help locate him and The Abolitionists. Quincy, Dahlia explains, stole their daughter from her when she was a baby, upset at Dahlia for trying to get him to drop his vendetta against Schwaiger and dissolve the group. She offers to put herself in front of the cameras and use her relationship with Quincy to draw them out.
Ionesco, naturally, is conflicted. But he decides to turn away Dahlia's help, assuring her that the case will be solved without her putting herself in harm's way.

Quincy wrote:
So you're cool with this? Because if we get caught, best case scenario we all go to jail for a couple of decades. This ain't like getting drunk and getting your picture in the wrong section of The Post.

Music: Godflesh - "Sterile Prophet"
Three weeks pass as Sierra and The Abolitionists continue to remain hidden while sending out more messages with demands to Morgan through the media. During this time, Sierra has transformed from scatterbrained party girl into a very focused and capable member of the group, thanks in part to Quincy giving her a crash course in radical agitprop and conspiracy theories [which she now believes wholeheartedly], but mostly because she wants to set a good example for Aisha, who genuinely looks up to her. The group begins planning a coup de grace - a strike at the heart of Schwaiger-Spitz, in which they'll use Sierra's biometrics to open up a secret vault in the company's office tower, which, according to Quincy, contains a server that holds records for every illegal foreclosure the bank has ever performed.

Lucas Ionesco wrote:
I've done all I could, but this thing has really taken on a mind of its own. Your daughter's a celebrity. Whether or not you give a $&!+ about her doesn't matter. The rest of the world does.

Music: Primordial - "As Rome Burns"
Fearing a black eye for his administration in an election year, NYC Mayor Lionel Koenig [Harvey Keitel] calls a press conference announcing that checkpoints will be put up at every major entrance and exit into the city, as well as between boroughs in order to expedite the search for Sierra Schwaiger. Dahlia crashes the presser [having been tipped off about it by Lucas Ionesco], forces her way in front of the mics and flashes Quincy's picture to the cameras. Quincy and Morgan both watch the scene unfold on television and both respond with a mixture of anger and panic. Morgan phones Ionesco to curse him out. Quincy rounds up the Abolitionists and informs them that that very evening they would proceed with their raid on Schwaiger Tower.

Roscoe wrote:
At some point I just decided to stop being angry. I don't know if that moment will ever come for you, but I hope it does soon. You don't know until you stop and take stock of things just how many people your anger has hurt.

Music: Alice In Chains - "Frogs"
While the others are getting prepped, Quincy receives a call from his father Roscoe [Keith David] with whom he'd lost touch over the past few years. Roscoe tells Quincy that he saw him on tv and wants to know what the truth of the situation is, incredulous that his son would be capable of kidnapping anyone. Quincy tells him the important parts, and then, reluctantly mentions Aisha, about whom Roscoe never knew. Roscoe asks Quincy to let Aisha see him, to which Quincy agrees. That evening Roscoe shows up at Quincy's place and Quincy decides to let him take Aisha to see her mother, on whom he's been keeping tabs since their break-up. Quincy ominously says goodbye to his daughter and drives out to his old Williamsburg.

Sierra Schwaiger wrote:
Have you lost your &!*# mind?! You shot... Kevin?! Damn it, I actually liked Kevin. He bought me beer once when I was sixteen.

Music: Holy Terror - "Debt of Pain"
The Abolitionists put on their all-black raid gear and pack into a black van which is loaded with the automatic weapons they'd purchased earlier. They drive across the Brooklyn Bridge, avoiding detection at the checkpoint, and use Sierra's parking pass to get into the garage of Schwaiger Tower. When they get out of the van, they're confronted by a security guard named Kevin [Charlie Day] whom a panicked Griff shoots in the abdomen as he is about to radio the tower control room. Kevin's wound is believed by Quincy to be non-fatal. The group then packs into an elevator and heads up to Morgan's penthouse.
In the penthouse, Morgan is sitting across a desk from Reuben Snead, and they're shuffling a small piece of paper back and forth across the table, bouncing a purchase price for Schwaiger's buyout of McEwing's. Marlene and Snead's son Jordan [Joel Courtney] are also present. Suddenly Morgan's secretary Cynthia [Judy Greer] bursts into the room, with the heavily armed Abolitionists behind her. They demand access to the server room.

Morgan Schwaiger wrote:
You are a vapid, senseless, inconsiderate little pig, and I would like nothing more than to have you out of my life completely!

Music: The Jesus Lizard - "Zachariah"
Sierra and Quincy get into a war of words with Morgan. Eventually Morgan manages to convince Sierra that Quincy is a nut, that his conspiracy theories are completely bogus, and that his father's house getting foreclosed was the result of an unfortunate computer error. He also berates her for bringing so much embarrassment to the family and tells her that if Marlene hadn't stuck up for her, he would've written her out of the will entirely. But as it is, with the merger about to take place, it will be Jordan who will inherit control of the company, instead of her.
Sierra is about to burst into tears, but then stops, recognizing Jordan from somewhere, vaguely. Quincy also recognizes him as the frat boy from whom he saved Sierra the first night they met. Jordan denies having tried to force himself on Sierra. Sierra then remembers that she took a photo of Jordan doing a line of coke at that party and posted it on her facebook page from her phone, which Jordan begged her to remove. Sierra then shows the photo to Morgan and Reuben, who are about to read Jordan the riot act when the NYPD enter and take the Abolitionists [minus Sierra into custody]

EPILOGUE
Neither the Schwaiger family nor Dahlia decided to press kidnapping charges against Quincy and The Abolitionists, and since with Sierra among them they weren't technically trespassing, they weren't charged for that, either. Griff got sentenced to ten years in prison for shooting Kevin [who made a full recovery] but got out after five with good behavior. The Feds tried to bring weapons smuggling charges against the group, but couldn't make them stick.
The merger of Schwaiger-Spitz ended up being blocked by the SEC. Sierra reconciled with her father, eventually. She quit drinking, and she began dating Jordan Snead, though the two broke up after three months because Jordan couldn't keep his drug habit under control.
Quincy reunited with Dahlia long enough to apologize for all the harm he'd done. Dahlia forgave him and used her job at McEwing's to finagle him a loan so he could start a new record shop in Williamsburg. Unfortunately the record shop went bust within a year so he moved to Seattle and opened a dispensary there.

End Credits Roll
Music: Hammers of Misfortune - "Doomed Parade"

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 presents...

Hitler:The Musical

A Quentin Tarantino Film

Quote:
The first act will focus on the relationship between a adolescent Adolf, and his father. Adolf and his father, Alois, had a very turbulent relationship. Both were very strong willed, and clashed on almost every subject. Their biggest rift was on Adolf's future. Alois, a very practical man, wanted Adolf to follow in his footsteps by working for the government. Adolf wanted a different path. He grew up taking singing lessons, and loved history. He wanted to attend a classical school, so he could realize his dreams of becoming a artist. The act will end with the sudden death of Alois.

The second act will be about Hitler's years as a teenager, and his relationship with his mother. Unlike his relationship with his father, Adolf and his mother were very close. She nurtured his love for painting, and encouraged him to chase after his dream. After his father's death, Adolf had to support the family. He worked odd jobs as a laborer, and eventually, he was able to make money on selling his paintings. Even though he was making money by selling his paintings, he was not able to get into The Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna. He was rejected twice by the school. This act will end with the death of Adolf's mother, Klara, who had been battling breast cancer.

The third, and final act will start three years after the death of Adolf's mother. In 1910, we will see Hitler living in a halfway house for poor workers. Prejudice and racism was everywhere in Vienna at this time, because of the large number of immigrants infiltrating the city. Hitler lived in the hotbed of all the action. After focusing on what Hitler came in contact with during this period, we will skip to Hitler joining the Bavarian Army in time for World War I in 1914. Hitler loved the army, and he thrived, winning many medals during his tenure. His experiences in the war only helped to strengthen his German patriotism. After the war, Adolf stayed in the army, and held a position in Munich. This is where he met Anton Drexler, and became a member of the German Workers Party(DSP). In 1921, Hitler became the chairman of the party. Hitler would use rousing speeches to add new members to the party, and gain support throughout the country. In 1923, Hitler tried to use a coup to overthrow the government. This would be known as the Beer Hall Putsch. The coup only lasted 3 days, and was unsuccessful. Hitler was arrested for treason, and put in jail. The film will conclude with Adolf in jail, collecting his thoughts, and putting them down on paper.

Isaac Hempstead-Wright as Young Adolf Hitler

Ezra Miller as Teenage Adolf Hitler

Tom Hiddleston as Adult Adolf Hitler

Tom Wilkinson as Alois Hitler

Kate Winslet as Klara Hitler

Christoph Waltz as Anton Drexler

Bill Murray as Dietrich Eckart

Daniel Bruhl as German WW1 Officer

Harvey Keitel as The Narrator

Writer:Quentin Tarantino
Cinematographer:Robert Richardson
Music Supervisor:Mary Ramos
Executive Producers:Bob & Harvey Weinstein

Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ presents...

FLASHING LIGHTS
Directed by Jonathan Levine

Quote:
Jonathan Levine assembles an ensemble cast. A story about several figures dealing with celebrity, but at the heart of it is a successful golfer and the caddy that led to his success. Looking at the consequences of celebrity: it doesn’t matter what we want, once we get it, we want something else.

Chris Pratt as Skip Franklin :

Quote:
A general kind hearted goof who just wants to be appreciated and respected. He lives in the shadow of his successful brother, Sean (Paul Rudd) who is one of the best golfers in professional sports, although Skip still is a talented caddy for golfer, Warren Campbell (Denzel Washington), undisputed greatest golfer alive. Skip is somewhat of a genius, being able to calculate in his head almost the exact odds of success on any golf swing. He is Warren’s ultimate ally and secret weapon, the two of them working together to win many championships. Being a caddy does not support him enough, and he has to moonlight as a lifeguard. He has fantasies of rescuing someone from the water at his lifeguarding job but it never happens. He is even kind of being replaced my a motorized lifeguard robot (who actually saves Skip’s life at one point). On a random night, Skip is hanging out alone on the beach. He notices a girl, possibly on drugs, trying to skinny dip in the ocean. Her friends abandon her, leaving Skip to rescue her. She turns out to be Sara Glover (Ellen Page), a famous actress and former Disney star. The two of them begin a genuine relationship, but that relationship is put to the test by the following paparazzi. Skip begins to find success after gaining popularity within the media. Many question just how much of Campbell’s success might be due to Skip. Warren fires Skip after he suspects that Skip gave sensitive information to the media about his affairs, although the inciting incident was Skip gaining popularity after saving Sara Glover. Skip goes to work for Sean Franklin, his brother and Warren’s rival, instead. Skip great success there. When Warren begins winning again the media turns on him, painting him as a traitor who abandoned his best friend. In the end though, he still gets the girl, and actually ends up reconciling with his brother.

Ellen Page as Sara Glover:

Quote:
An actress who grew to popularity after a hit show on Disney. After turning 18 and moving onto other things, she grew something of a notoriety for being drug addicted mess and overall slutty embarrassment. Her agents encourage her that it isn’t a bad thing for her popularity and her fame. She is rescued while drowning by Skip Franklin, and it makes her rethink her life in the spotlight. Although fighting off her old fame might be impossible. She silently regrets becoming an actress, the emptiness and the pre-planning of her entire life, and looks toward Skip as her escape from that. Although her attention in the media almost drives a wedge in their relationship, they find peace after everything is over.

Denzel Washington as Warren Campbell:

Quote:
The best golfer in the world, almost undisputedly. He is greatly admired throughout the media and the sports world as a role model, and he has tons of endorsement deals. He is a model citizen with a great, boastful personality. He works with his good friend and caddy, Skip Franklin, and the two of them enjoy great success. Warren loves his wife and his son deeply but he has a weakness for the temptation of women, drugs, and drunken driving, although he has never been caught (from anyone in the media). He is narcissistic and way too competitive. He takes things personally and isn’t afraid to push people out of his life he thinks they deserve it. Somehow the media gets a hold of a woman who claims to have had an affair with Warren, and from there the media sinks its teeth into the story. Warren's marriage is hit with a ton of bricks and he stays out of the golf game for a while in hiding. After the scandal he goes into hiding in his secret cabin. Skip later gives Jesse the location in exchange for some relief on Sara’s front. When the media arrives at his cabin, Warren makes a bold gesture and says that he will be playing in the upcoming tournament. In a triumphant game for Warren, he beats everyone else by a long shot, even his rival Sean Franklin (who Skip is now caddying for). Warren accepts his win with honor, and boasts his big personality. The media, the crowd, and even the announcer (who changes to Warren's side of the story halfway through the broadcast) cheer on Warren Campbell as he makes his comeback. Skip, however is criticized now for abandoning and betraying his team mate. (although Skip doesn't seem to mind)

Scarlett Johansson as Ashley Robinson-Campbell:

Quote:
The ever contempt wife of world famous golfer, Warren Campbell. She lives her life in the spotlight, keeping up positive images of her charity work and other good deeds. She is an award winning make-up artist in Hollywood, although she rarely receives recognition for this. She has known for years that he has been cheating on her. At this point she just doesn’t want him to humiliate her in the public by being caught for doing it. She has a chance at an affair but sort of cheats her way out of calling it sex. The only reason she still stays with him is because she loves him so much and hopes things will get better. Eventually her frustration motivates her to take her own measures in protecting her image.

Bob Odenkirk as Kenny Sanders:

Quote:
A comedian and radio talk show personality who makes light of the events going on between these characters. He has also started directing his first feature film. A comedy, one of the stars being Sara Glover. He is a comic known for is brutal honesty, even when it comes to himself. He is shameless, and truly doesn’t care about what the people he makes jokes about think of him.

Will Forte as Jesse McDonald:

Quote:
A sleazy celebrity tabloid writer who has no shame. He is the antagonist of sorts. He blatantly sets up celebrities for failure and then writes about the results. He has no care for the aftermath of his writing. He is the one who sets up Warren with a cheap woman to catch it on tape, setting off the scandal. He also reports on the relationship between Sara Glover and Skip Franklin, doing his best to ruin their relationship.

Also Starring...

Paul Rudd as Sean Franklin
Lynne Marie Stewart as Mary Franklin
Vincent Piazza as Peter
Teresa Palmer as Em Draper
Adam Scott as Nelly the Lifeguard

and introducing...

Paul F. Tompkins as Hank "Hutt Hutt Hike" Hilfiker: An enthusiastic hillbilly golf announcer brought in to add more excitement to the game.

Last edited by Gambit Jango on Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan presents...

True Random:

Lewis Gavin (Joaquin Phoenix) is a normal family guy with a good finance job. Joe Tremay (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a minor league baseball player who has just proposed to his girlfriend, Julie (Carey Mulligan). Lewis and Joe are strangers until a brutal car crash brings them together.The crash paralyzes Joe from the waist down and damages Lewis' lateral habenula (the portion of the brain responsible for decision making). The two men eventually become friends, both struggling with complications stemming from the crash. With his brain injury, Lewis finds himself unable to make even the most trivial decisions, including which kind of coffee to order at Starbucks. Lewis struggles with this new restriction. He avoids/defers any decisions that come his way. That is, until Lewis meets Osborn (Willem Dafoe), a gnarly ex-scientist turned professional recluse who teaches Lewis about "True Random", a way to randomize his decisions based upon occurrences in nature and everyday life. Application of this his new method sets of a series of events which simultaneously garners Lewis unheralded success in his career, and plunges him deeper into insanity. Lewis becomes besieged with threats, real and imagined, including a research physician (Parker Posey) who wants to do brain studies on Lewis, a septuagenarian hitman (Robert Forster) hired by his wife (Charlotte Gainsbourg), a woman who wants revenge for paralyzing her fiancee, and a neighbor( Alexander Skarsgård), whom Lewis falsely suspects is trying to kill him. In the middle of it all: Who is Osborn, and what does he have to gain by giving Lewis this information? This film is directed by Lars von Trier, and blends scientific elements with the theme of how different people deal with hardship. This film is done in the style of Dogme 95 (potentially breaking rule 6 though). There will be no soundtrack or any artificial background music/noises apart from what is in the reality of the movie.

Starring:

Joaquin Phoenix as Lewis Gavin

Lewis is an everyman who has to deal with his sudden brain injury. His car crash was caused by Lewis making the wrong split-second decision. Lewis can breathe, walk, and do other menial tasks, but is unable to physically make a conscious decision for those "second level" decisions like what to wear, what to order, whether to agree with his wife, whether to let his daughter go out to a party. When Lewis discovers True Random, the byproduct of this is a gateway for success at his career. Is the damage with Lewis physical or psychosomatic? What happens when Lewis fights against the choice that has been decided for him. Can he even counteract True Random? And if he does, what are the consequences?

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Joe Tremay

Joe is a minor league baseball player, who becomes paralyzed in a car crash. Instead of being angry, he has the "everything happens for a reason" mantra. He befriends Lewis throughout the course of the movie. He frustrates his fiancee with his blaise attitude about his paralysis.

Charlotte Gainsbourg as Thea Gavin

Thea is Lewis' wife, who becomes irritated and afraid of her husband's increasingly reckless behavior. After an event that pushes her to the breaking point, Thea realizes she must kill Lewis. she knows she can't do it herself, and she only knows person who she can trust to kill Lewis. Her father, William, who has pancreatic cancer and only a few months to live. She tries to convince (manipulate?) William to murder Lewis. She believes her reasons are valid, so is it wrong to manipulate as a way to show the correct path?

Robert Forster as William Johansson.

William is Thea's father. He has Stage IV pancreatic cancer and only a few months to live. William is ex-Green Beret, and the only thing he currently has is his daughter. His wife dies many years ago, and he doesn't have any friends left. He must choose between what he feels is right, and his daughter's love. And does it really matter being this close to death?

Parker Posey - Pamela Shipston

A research scientist who determines what is wrong with Lewis' brain. She initially helps him figure out what is wrong with him, but is determined to subject Lewis to more and more invasive tests to get more information about this one-of-a-kind case.

Alexander Skarsgård - Josh Renner

Lewis' next-door neighbor. Very friendly guy whom Lewis becomes suspicious of. Lewis is convinced that Josh is plotting to murder him. Lewis sets up surveillance on Josh, and even takes a preemptive strike on him.

Carey Mulligan - Betty Wallace

Joe's girlfriend. Carey is upset that Lewis has paralyzed her boyfriend. She passively-aggressively makes life miserable for Lewis, doing things like slashing his tires and other more malevolent behavior, that Lewis falsely believes Josh is doing.

Stephen Spinella (Pete)

Lewis's boss at work. Notices that Lewis is doing some genius work lately (after the latter's discovery of True Random). He subsequently tries to steal Lewis' work. He doesn't end well for him.

Liana Liberato (Maggie)

Lewis' daughter. Something tragic happens to her as a result of True Random, which pushes her mother Thea over the edge.

and....

Wlliem Dafoe as Osborn

Osborn teaches Lewis about True Random. Who is Osborn? He seems to know Lewis. He claims he used to be a scientist.
All becomes clear at the end of the movie. Osborn's first words to Lewis is "You're not crazy, and at the end of it all, you won't suddenly find out that I'm you". That much is true, but there is much to determine about him.

Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PantherDE90 presents...

Rackham

Directed by Alan Taylor

Composed by Howard Shore

Charlies Hunnam as John “Calico Jack” Rackham
Quote:
Rackham is a man who loves life and lives it to the fullest. His sarcastic ways often getting him into trouble. He's a charimatic and charming lad. He likes his drink and his women. But what he loves above all is the sea. We first him as quartermaster on Charles Vanes ship. Vane and Rackham are almost polar opposite causes them to bash heads on multiple occasions eventually leading Rackham taking over the ship. He quits piracy in 1719 only to begin again when he becomes smitten with the already married Anne Bonny. Unable to marry they took to the sea to be together and started raiding ships together. He held the utmost respect for Anne and Mary letting them fight alongside him in battle.

Ruth Bradley as Anne Bonny
Quote:
Anne may be a very desirable and beautiful woman but she's also hard and very brash. She grew up rich on a plantation her father owned. She was rebellious even at an early age. She stabbed a servant girl with a knife when she was 13 and later tried to burn down her fathers plantation. Later she married a small time pirate James Bonny and was disowned by her father. They moved to Nassau soon after and
she began work as a bar maid. Once she meets Mary Read the two grow close and become the best of friends.

Katie McGrath as Mary Read
Quote:
In her early life her Mary's mother dressed her as a boy so they could keep getting money from her grandmother once her older brother died. [Dressed as a man] She joined the military but fell for a soldier and they got married. When he died she [Dressed as a man] got on a ship headed for Nassau. Before she arrived her ship was taken by pirates (Rackham and Bonny). She afforded herself well in battle so they allowed her to join them.

Dustin Clare as Tom Bourn
Quote:
Calico Jacks quartermaster and right hand man. The only crewman from the Ranger to follow him back into piracy after they took the pardon. He's just like Jack in many regards. He too loves his drink and his women but he's not smart enough to captain his own ship. So he just follows Jack.

James Purefoy as Woodes Rogers
Quote:
The Royal Governor of the Bahamas, Rogers was sent there by the king to stop piracy and bring justice and order to Nassau. He handed down pardons to pirates seeking amnesty for their crimes if they'd give it up. His hatred for Charles Vane was the main reason he believed Rackhams claim and granted him a pardon. After Rackham started piracy again Rogers wanted him brought to justice as soon as possible.

Tom Wlaschiha as Jonathan Barnet
Quote:
The pirate hunter sent to dispatch Captain Rackham and crew. A former privateer Barnet, relishes the opportunity to capture or kill pirates. Barnet is a very skilled captain and fighter. He's smart enough not to underestimate people like Anne or Mary like some of his men do.

Mark Killeen as James Bonny
Quote:
Anne Bonnys husband, he started out a small-time pirate and only married Anne because he was hoping to gain access to her inheritance but stayed with her after she was disowned. Soon after Woodes Rogers came to Nassau James became an informant and started working for the Royal Navy.

Kevin McKidd as Charles Vane
Quote:
Vane is one of the cruelest most savage pirates in history. He mentored Jack and whilst acted as Jack his quartermaster. He lost control of his ship when he refused to attack a french man-o-war. His men thought him a coward and voted Jack captain in his stead.

Quote:
It's 1718, Calico Jack Rackham (Charlie Hunnam) is lounging about aboard the Ranger. The ships captain, Charles Vane (Kevin McKidd), thinks of Jack as an ally. He may not like him much but he respects his intelligence, despite Jack's arrogance and audacious attitude. Eventually, a mutiny breaks out and Jack is appointed captain. Jack remembers the respect Vane gave him and lets him go peacefully and with plenty of supplies. Over the next few months Jack does well as a pirate and lives just like he always wanted too.

In 1719, Jack sailed into Nassau and to accept the royal pardon from Governor Woodes Rogers (James Purefoy). Jack told him Vane coerced them to be pirates. Rogers believed Jack and his crew and granted them the pardon. Soon after he meets Anne Bonny (Ruth Bradley). Soon after their romance begins Anne’s husband James (Mark Kileen) finds out. He refuses to give Anne up so Rackham offered to pay James to divorce her. Which didn't go over well with Anne. So the two escaped to sea with a crew. They began pirating which Anne enjoyed very much. Soon they attacked a small English vessel and took on a crew member(Katie McGrath) who fought well in the battle. Anne grew a liking to this new crew member and soon Mary revealed herself to be a woman. Jack noticed how much time they were spending together and grew jealous. He confronted Mary about it and nearly killed her but stopped and laughed once he found out the truth. Mary stopped dressing like a man and embraced being a female pirate. Jack was never happier.

In October 1720, Jack and co. had just captured a ship and decided a party was in order. The men drank more than many men can stand. Suddenly, they were attacked by a ship captained by pirate hunter Jonathan Barnet (Tom Wlaschiha). Jack looked on at the ship coming towards him, he and his men too drunk to fight and he knew it. He was outnumbered and out gunned. As they were about to get boarded he had a moment of clarity. He lived the way he wanted to live, he knew the consequences and now he was about to face them. He took a big drink and went to the hold. The only left fighting were Anne Bonny, Mary Read and a nameless crew member. They held up Barnets crew for a bit before Mary Read fired off a shot into the hold and told the men to come up and fight. Soon after the ship was taken and Jack, Anne and Mary were all arrested.

In November 1720, Jacks was tried and convicted of piracy. Before he was hanged he was allowed to meet with Anne one last time. Her last words to him were “sorry to see you here, but if you had fought like a Man, you need not be hang'd like a Dog.” Anne and Mary both “pleaded their bellies” (claimed they were pregnant) and were given a stay of execution. Quartermaster Tom Bourn (Dustin Clare) and the rest of the crew were also tried and convicted of piracy. Soon Jack was hanged and gibbeted. Mary died of childbirth in prison the in April 1721. Anne, however, was never executed. She was released. Her father, after all these years, payed for her freedom. Years later, we see her playing with a little boy who has a striking resemblance to Jack.

Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting begins now.

Please PM me your ballots, don't post them here. You are welcome (and encouraged) to give story feedback here however.

Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you said you had 7?

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
I thought you said you had 7?

I was lying to get more submissions but it didn't work. Laughing

Oh well, school starting and what not

MathMan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a great time reading these movies.
Great job everyone!

I especially enjoyed Mergers. I could see in my head what was going on as I read. Great use of detail (thought we only were supposed to do a summary Smile )

Great casting job by Flashing Lights as well. Every actor is perfect for their respective part.

For the Hitler: The musical, I enjoy the concept, but I'd really like to see a song list.

Rackham: Great pick of Ruth Bradley. Love her. If I'd have remembered , I would have drafted her 3rd or 4th. Seems like a fun movie to watch

Too bad about the other 5 folks in this draft.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

by the way, I submitted my nominations.

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:

I especially enjoyed Mergers. I could see in my head what was going on as I read. Great use of detail (thought we only were supposed to do a summary Smile )
I decided this was a screenplay I actually wanted to write, so why not hash out the details ahead of time? Cool

Adopt-a-Patriot: Malcolm Butler
MathMan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you guys typically get more responses than this? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I dont know about others, but Im up for my 3rd draft in a row. I want to adapt a pretty unknown comic.

#JDI
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MathMan wrote:
Do you guys typically get more responses than this? Laughing

Yeah usually. I think our roughest periods are right at the start of a semester and right at the end.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: